Favorite Truck Accessories

Beendare

WKR
I wouldn't own a truck that didn't have the spray in bedliner. No carpet or molded plastic liner for me as I use the bed for truck purposes. Carpet would get trashed...and those molded liners wear out the bed.

I really like the after market rear airbags in a half ton truck. Those really help with times when towing or you have it loaded.

TXCO

WKR
3 ply is the sidewall, you can get the AT T/A KO2's in 10 ply (E rated)

Nice thanks for the info. I always go for 10 in the sidewall and lots of experience on punctures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LandYacht

WKR
Nice thanks for the info. I always go for 10 in the sidewall and lots of experience on punctures.

No such thing as 10 ply sidewall in a passenger or light truck tire. The 10 ply is tread face rating.

Interesting too, is that there really aren’t that many plies in tires either, just ratings that are the equivalent to the old ply layer numbers.

One of my favorites, especially this time of year, is the Espar heater that I installed 18 yrs ago when the truck (01 Cummins Dodge) was new!!

Additional tools (not so much accessories IMO but very useful) are basics like a Vair compressor, shovel, recovery kit w/ snatch block and Inreach Explorer in case all else fails.

Ill echo that 10 ply tires are a must. BFG ATs are only 3 ply. A good tow strap is useful too.

Anyone have a good compact jump starter they recommend?

Take a look at the JNC 660. A little over a hundred bucks and should be what you’re looking for.

Rs3003

WKR
I bought a certified 2017 Toyota Tundra crewmax cab at end of December. I'm undecided between a cap or tonneau cover. More leaning towards a cap. I want to keep gear/luggage dry. Traveling to and from camp.

SWOHTR

WKR
Roll up tonneau covers are great to keep your bed totally open, whereas a cap will limit that. Consider this if you have an ATV.

MtnOyster

WKR
Of all the extras I've done to my 2008 duramax nothing has compared to the DPF delete, EFI Live and custom exhaust that really woke my truck up, I've done the bed liner, wheels, tires and topper but the fuel milage and power increase from the other was well worth the money.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Full length heavy duty skid plates. Newer trucks have so much aluminum under them and are so low. It just seems worth the $1200 bucks to have peace of mind. I’ll never forget the first year elk hunting in my newer f150 it stopped dead on a rock I thought my wife’s car would clear. I wasn’t stuck but when I looked under there I realized how vulnerable it was. Now I don’t worry nearly as much. Oh and I agree with the 10 ply tire thing. They cost you some fuel economy but save you severe headaches on rough roads.

boom

WKR
i love the ZERO payments option..

but i am thinking; a backup camera is sorta nice.

elkduds

WKR
Full length heavy duty skid plates. I realized how vulnerable it was. Now I don’t worry nearly as much.

^^This for my '06 Ridgeline. Also neoprene seat covers, deep rubber floor mats, topper, XM, hitch hauler, and trailer w atv. Compressor, jumper cables. recovery gear, tarp, ratchet straps, bungees, window mount for spotter. Extra key well hidden on truck. RMEF, BHA and TRCP stickers.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I run a 6" lift with 37" Toyo MT's for clearance and traction. Side x side in my covered trailer which I also sleep in at camp and I'm set.

bd46593e69eface50539cd00fe3f77b3.jpg

xziang

WKR
For my truck a campershell/topper. Dog is able to be put back there without worries of weather condition along with gear. After that should probably be a more aggressive tire but don't see that happening since the stocks are working fine. Did get an aluminum skid plate which will be fine for my abuse.

Rig I use mostly for hunting around here is an E350 extended van, just wish it was 4X4. LED light bar on the front for early morning drives is all that I've done and it works great. Tons of room for dogs/decoys/sleds/carts/waders. I just haven't found a good set up for an LED light bar yet on the truck.