Favorite Truck Accessories

brushape

WKR
f9fd76b74eed6fe1c26f2476111cb94b.jpg

Most important = no payments!

After that : locking diffs, good tires, proper gearing, winch and proper accessories (strap, tree saver, snatch block, etc). Power inverter is nice to have along with tools, hi lift.

Led lighting front and rear is awesome when going to unfamiliar places at night and good bumpers in case you don’t have enough lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spray in Bedliner is about it for me. I'm rough on a bed. I load my ATV, haul gravel, firewood, brush, junk from around the house etc in the bed. I have no need or desire for lifts, big tires and all that. Just some 10 ply tires with an all terrain tread works for me.

Winch and on board air.....preferably engine driven....not little electric compressors that take a half our or more to air up. A little bigger than stock tire, and a rear locker. Those will get you where 90% of people wouldn't ever go

robtattoo

WKR
Definitely the camper top on my '97 f250
with internal led lighting, a rug (hearth, not bed...cheaper & removable) & 2 hard wired 12v outlets. I'm into the camper & accessories for under $150

LED replacement headlights & auxiliary LED floods make driving dirt roads much easier.

The fold up hitch haul is nice too, due the 4" lift & 36" tires. It makes loading heavy coolers much more pleasant!

fuzzy

FNG
My old( newish to me) 8' cabover alaskan camper. I also have a back deck that folds flush to the back of the camper when up and when down is my back porch. I call my set up the gypsy jalopy.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Been thinking about a leveling kit. Are you guys installing yourself? Or who’s doing it, local mechanic, dealership or 4X4 shop? What’s the ballpark cost to have one installed?

MtnOyster

WKR
Been thinking about a leveling kit. Are you guys installing yourself? Or who’s doing it, local mechanic, dealership or 4X4 shop? What’s the ballpark cost to have one installed?

hang on before you put that leveling kit on there, my 2500 HD had been leveled and it nearly beat my teeth out going down the road, a friend of mine has a custom truck shop and put the original torsion bar key back in the truck, leveled it with them then backed them off maybe a turn or two, it was level and still rides great, my son has a 1500 chevy and it has the same problem, too stiff, he's taking his to him next week. Trucks look good level but i would check with some mechanics on trying to keep the ride good before i leveled it.

RoJo

WKR
Maybe the question should be, what is the best truck accessory you don't have?

Rock sliders!

I did this on my desert muley hunt last November.

39508520022_5de02455fb_b.jpg

Last edited:

SWOHTR

WKR
Re: leveling kits on GM. I had the dealer install, but I have a 2012 half ton (it has coil over front suspension, not the torsion bar like the 88-07 (classics).

I also have a 96 Silverado and leveled it by cranking a little bit. Easy to do; biggest thing is to have the front end off the ground prior to doing it.

As with any front end suspension mod, an alignment will be required.

I noticed no appreciable change in ride, but I also keep 35lb of air in my tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If jeeps count for this thread, here are my best purchases:

2.5” lift/level kit
Mud tires
Hitch hauler

We fit the following in my Jeep Liberty this weekend with the help of the hitch hauler:

10 person pop up tent
3 cots
Bow case
Double Gun case
3 sleeping bags
2 regular backpacks full of clothes
1 slightly full Exo 3500
Axe and tree loppers
Buddy heater
Rinehart 18-1
Tool box
Two director style chairs
Hang on stand and ladders
100 qt marine cooler
60 qt cube cooler

Being able to get three people in for a weekend hunt was awesome, and my Jeep works great off in the woods we hunt. It’s nice not having to worry about wet conditions as well.

OP
willidru

willidru

WKR

I had a 4x4 shop install a 3"-1" level kit on my Ram 1500 didn't change the ride. Just got a quote for a level kit on Ram 2500 and it was:

That basic leveling kit runs 159.99
shipping 25.00
labor 500.00
alignment 125.00
shopfee= 25.00

This is just spacer blocks for clearance using the factory suspension. You could go something much fancier like a Carli kit but much more expensive.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I had a 4x4 shop install a 3"-1" level kit on my Ram 1500 didn't change the ride. Just got a quote for a level kit on Ram 2500 and it was:

That basic leveling kit runs 159.99
shipping 25.00
labor 500.00
alignment 125.00
shopfee= 25.00

This is just spacer blocks for clearance using the factory suspension. You could go something much fancier like a Carli kit but much more expensive.
I leveled my 2014 ram 2500 and if yours is '14 or newer, I would highly recommend getting the longer bilstein shocks up front vs. the shock extension brackets they sell. I did and the ride actually improved with the leveling kit.