Rokslide Behavior

"you can never tell anyone to do anything, you can only give your advice." people are gonna do what ever they want regardless and everything is personal opinion. best advise i ever got.

Vids

WKR
Internet forums are an interesting place, my opinion is that if someone attacks you then they have problems of their own they need to deal with. My philosophy is to only write things as if you are speaking face to face, it makes for a much more productive conversation.

Rokslide is the first place I will post a question that I want a serious answer to, 99% of the people on here are quality people. That is based on my experiences over a few years here. The moderators deserve the credit, and I thank you for that.

I'm not much of an Internet forum guy. I lurked on lots of forums for several years, almost joining, but then I'd get turned off by trashy behavior. An opinion based on experience is one thing, but some of the stuff I saw was just awful. Then I found Rokslide, joined the next day. There's still a few keyboard commandos on here, but that is offset by the simple fact that I can learn something productive every time I log in. The reviews are great, the stories are well written, and the questions almost always lead to productive enlightening conversation. Thanks to everyone on here that keeps things civil and fun.

Couldnt have said it better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MT_Wyatt

WKR
This is the only forum I actively participate in, partly because of the content/focus, and partly because nonsense is generally not tolerated by the moderators and more importantly the people participating. Glad to read others feel the same way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been on a few truck forums recently and good Lord are those guys hostile. We don't want that here.

We do our best to keep things more than civil, but rather a welcoming place here on rokslide and for the most part I believe we achieve this. Bad apples tend to get sorted pretty quickly. There are a few subjects that are consistently problems, specifically kuiu. Many people have issues with how the company does business and that's fine if they don't wish to do business with them, but we don't need to hear about it every time a question comes up about their product. We also don't need secondhand accounts of product failure on any product. Having to lock threads because grown adults can't control themselves is absurd. Quality of content and a warm welcoming atmosphere is what makes rokslide great, let's keep it that way.

Live2hunt custom shelters

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My philosophy is to only write things as if you are speaking face to face, it makes for a much more productive conversation.

On the flip side of that, I think that's also exactly why so many people get offended with things these days as well. It almost seems as if some people were raised in a sterile white room their entire lives, and everything offends them.

Mark

WKR
On the flip side of that, I think that's also exactly why so many people get offended with things these days as well. It almost seems as if some people were raised in a sterile white room their entire lives, and everything offends them.

This post offends me and makes me feel marginalized. I'm going to go hug a bunny in my safe space.

sneaky

"DADDY"
This post offends me and makes me feel marginalized. I'm going to go hug a bunny in my safe space.
Someone get this man a half caf soy latte, stat! Oh crap, did I just assume your gender?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

LOL. Just don't tell me where that bunny is.......I'll shoot him out from under you. Maybe your reaction would have been different if I'd said it in person.:D

Long time no see.......glad to see you're still around. Hope you and your son had a great hunting season.

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
It is amazing how tough some people are behind a keyboard. Face to face not so much. I invited a feller to a face to face pow wow on another forum and put out my name address and phone number and have yet to hear back from him. I assume it was a him.

I've been on a few truck forums recently and good Lord are those guys hostile. We don't want that here.

We do our best to keep things more than civil, but rather a welcoming place here on rokslide and for the most part I believe we achieve this. Bad apples tend to get sorted pretty quickly. There are a few subjects that are consistently problems, specifically kuiu. Many people have issues with how the company does business and that's fine if they don't wish to do business with them, but we don't need to hear about it every time a question comes up about their product. We also don't need secondhand accounts of product failure on any product. Having to lock threads because grown adults can't control themselves is absurd. Quality of content and a warm welcoming atmosphere is what makes rokslide great, let's keep it that way.

Live2hunt custom shelters

I am fairly new to some of you, but have been around since nearly the beginning of Rokslide. Many other forums have gone by the way side, have members leave or visitors never return because of the bashing of one product or another in so many forums. It is one thing to give first hand accounts of how products work for you or that you have personal knowledge of working or not working and it is completely different to bash a product because you think another is better. Gear that works for one may not work for another, gear that an individual thinks is the best, may be or it may not be depending on personal preferences and needs. When topics come up from new user or a long time user asking about a product to make a wise purchase or to evaluate a decision on what to buy and their posts are turned into a childish game of mine is better and yours sucks, it reflects poorly on what the Robby, Ryan, Tanya and Justin are trying to accomplish with this site.

When a forum is riddled with locked posts because the users can't have a discussion about a product it reflects poorly on all of the us. There are many of us here that truly want to help others with hunting in an informative way if we can. I am just one guy, but part of the reason I left was for this exact reason, it just gets old and tiresome to read the nonsense. Some of you may think, "good, be gone with you!", and that is ok too. But my hope is that Rokslide continues to be the best hunting forum out there that people are glad to be a part of.

With that, Happy New Years to the Roksliders!!! Be safe over the long holiday weekend.

Very well said and great points. I’m pretty new here but I’ve been a member of a few very large hunting and shooting forums for a very long time - in one case basically since it’s inception 15-16 years ago. Rokslide is one of my favorite forums largely because of the character of the members. However, the bigger it gets the tougher it is to maintain that feeling. It’s the price of success. One of the forums I referenced was absolutely incredible for the camaraderie and the quality of the info and that lasted more than 10 years. But, when the membership exploded it turned into just another big forum where, unless you knew the source, you couldn’t be sure the advice was solid. Cliques form and forum hero’s with more keyboard time than field time emerge. Forum sponsors and gear favored by the elite cliques become the only acceptable equipment; and hell hath no fury like a forum clique when other opinions are espoused. Lol!

The mods here have done a great job fostering a friendly environment where differing viewpoints aren’t completely shot down. I sure hope y’all can maintain what we have now because it’s a welcome refuge; and a terrific resource for a niche style of hunting that’s far more complicated than most types of hunting. I know I wish every possible success to the owners and mods of Rokslide. Lord knows all the time, effort and money that goes into building and maintaining a forum line this; and you DESERVE tremendous success as a reward. But I wish it for you with a little selfish hesitancy because I don’t want to see the current RS disappear in the vortex of success and an explosion of membership. Currently RS is like a secret ‘sleeper’ public unit with OTC tags and I don’t want to see it become overrun with people to the point that we need to search for another unit, lol!

It always seems (on any forum) where there’s a just a few folks that always instigate the product bashing or company bashing, etc. While appealing to membership is great and will certainly have a positive effect, it seems like clear cut policies and strict adherence to them, with ZERO favoritism (no matter how long-standing the member), seems to have the most calming effect on misbehavior. Should it have to be that way? Heck no! But this is public ground. If there weren’t game wardens, the few would certainly ruin it for the many.

Thanks for all the great work and have an awesome New Year!!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
BrushyHillGuide
Thank you for the encouragement and the advice. I read every word of it. And I took it to heart. One thing that will ensure the path that we’re on is people like you and the many others who also help set the tone on Rokslide. All the mods in the world can’t have the positive affect that members can have by staying civil, pointing out the bad apples, and helping others.

Thank you for your insight and comments.

gelton

WKR
Very well said and great points. I’m pretty new here but I’ve been a member of a few very large hunting and shooting forums for a very long time - in one case basically since it’s inception 15-16 years ago. Rokslide is one of my favorite forums largely because of the character of the members. However, the bigger it gets the tougher it is to maintain that feeling. It’s the price of success. One of the forums I referenced was absolutely incredible for the camaraderie and the quality of the info and that lasted more than 10 years. But, when the membership exploded it turned into just another big forum where, unless you knew the source, you couldn’t be sure the advice was solid. Cliques form and forum hero’s with more keyboard time than field time emerge. Forum sponsors and gear favored by the elite cliques become the only acceptable equipment; and hell hath no fury like a forum clique when other opinions are espoused. Lol!

The mods here have done a great job fostering a friendly environment where differing viewpoints aren’t completely shot down. I sure hope y’all can maintain what we have now because it’s a welcome refuge; and a terrific resource for a niche style of hunting that’s far more complicated than most types of hunting. I know I wish every possible success to the owners and mods of Rokslide. Lord knows all the time, effort and money that goes into building and maintaining a forum line this; and you DESERVE tremendous success as a reward. But I wish it for you with a little selfish hesitancy because I don’t want to see the current RS disappear in the vortex of success and an explosion of membership. Currently RS is like a secret ‘sleeper’ public unit with OTC tags and I don’t want to see it become overrun with people to the point that we need to search for another unit, lol!

It always seems (on any forum) where there’s a just a few folks that always instigate the product bashing or company bashing, etc. While appealing to membership is great and will certainly have a positive effect, it seems like clear cut policies and strict adherence to them, with ZERO favoritism (no matter how long-standing the member), seems to have the most calming effect on misbehavior. Should it have to be that way? Heck no! But this is public ground. If there weren’t game wardens, the few would certainly ruin it for the many.

Thanks for all the great work and have an awesome New Year!!

Rokslide isnt such a secret any longer...type about any piece of gear into google with the addition of Forums: and Rokslide is the # 1 result on the search engine almost every time...Kudos to RS and its sponsors.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Rokslide isnt such a secret any longer...type about any piece of gear into google with the addition of Forums: and Rokslide is the # 1 result on the search engine almost every time...Kudos to RS and its sponsors.

Kudos to the members for reading the reviews and forum posts, that’s how hey get ranked so high in Google

It’s a sleeper compared to the giant forums like ArcheryTalk and some other giant online forums. Believe me, RS could get WAY bigger which can be a very sharp, double edged sword. But I definitely get your point. I’m sure it’s grown a lot recently. Quality gets noticed and I think the idea of DIY, public land and backpack hunting are all going through a growth spurt right now. With the increase in YouTube videos and podcasts on this type of hunting, that level of interest will surely continue to grow.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Kudos to the members for reading the reviews and forum posts, that’s how hey get ranked so high in Google

Just wait till you punch in "Robby Denning The Legend" into your search engine

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just wait till you punch in "Robby Denning The Legend" into your search engine

I typed it in and like I’ve been saying, I’M NOT THE LEGEND:
e40c1f3f294c7e0ee89d7ae06eea6d19.jpg