Rokslide Behavior

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am fairly new to some of you, but have been around since nearly the beginning of Rokslide. Many other forums have gone by the way side, have members leave or visitors never return because of the bashing of one product or another in so many forums. It is one thing to give first hand accounts of how products work for you or that you have personal knowledge of working or not working and it is completely different to bash a product because you think another is better. Gear that works for one may not work for another, gear that an individual thinks is the best, may be or it may not be depending on personal preferences and needs. When topics come up from new user or a long time user asking about a product to make a wise purchase or to evaluate a decision on what to buy and their posts are turned into a childish game of mine is better and yours sucks, it reflects poorly on what the Robby, Ryan, Tanya and Justin are trying to accomplish with this site.

When a forum is riddled with locked posts because the users can't have a discussion about a product it reflects poorly on all of the us. There are many of us here that truly want to help others with hunting in an informative way if we can. I am just one guy, but part of the reason I left was for this exact reason, it just gets old and tiresome to read the nonsense. Some of you may think, "good, be gone with you!", and that is ok too. But my hope is that Rokslide continues to be the best hunting forum out there that people are glad to be a part of.

With that, Happy New Years to the Roksliders!!! Be safe over the long holiday weekend.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Well said Doug! I can feel confident in saying none of us has the time, nor desire to deal with that nonsense! Thank you for posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doug I am glad you made a return and I know why you left. You are a wealth of knowledge and a huge contributor to this forum. I think the owners made an awesome choice adding you to the leadership of this forum. Thank you for coming back. You will help many with your knowledge.

dotman

WKR
Welcome back Doug. Really rokslide behaior is usually pretty good, been a long time since I’ve seen a thread locked but I also don’t read them all so I must have missed something.

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Compared to a lot of the different Powersports forums this one is very tame. Some of the motorcycle ones made it a point to haze the new guys. Happy new year and stay safe

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Doug! Spot on!#newsherrifintown, 👍🙏👏

And thanks to the vast majority of Roksliders who act like adults, help people, and contribute.

Happy New Year

TheCougar

WKR
there are a few others I wish would return.

Me too. TurkeyBowMaster, come baaaaaack! -sheds a tear-

In all seriousness, RS is the only forum I belong to because of the great work the moderators/members do in policing the forums, keeping the conversations civil, and encouraging proper conduct. I’ve learned a ton from some really smart folks. We all have ownership in this if we want to keep Rokslide awesome.

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Having been around a long time, and having had some incredible experiences and opportunities so far, I enjoy dropping in here because I seem to always learn something. It's such a pleasure to be taken along on so many different hunts with some incredible people that are so willing to take the time to share their adventures with us.
I have always wanted to hunt Red Stag and Dall sheep. After years of saving I made it to New Zealand and was successful in fulfilling that dream but with the price tag of a Dall hunt today, that dream will probably never be fulfilled. But thanks to so many of the wonderful people here on RS, I've gotten to enjoy several Dall sheep hunts.
Please keep it up and THANK YOU ALL.

kicker338

WKR
Doug
It was my intensions to never respond to one of you threads again after you comments to me on the thread you started on archery interests. When you started that thread you mainly referenced to sight tapes which I had no real opinions about as I din't have one. I did respond to your comment about other archery items per your statement about seldom mentioned archery items. Yes I most certainly brought up the EZV sight not just because I use one but because the sight concept is relatively new in the way it is used. I wont even refer to the ranging part, only to the aiming part of the sight using the tick marks and on pin. To refresh your memory you referred to me as you hoped I was joking and the sight was a gimmick. Now you started this thread titled Rockslide Behavior I believe you need to think about some of your own comments.

Gordon

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you support a brand regardless of it's products performance it's no different than running down that same brand regardless of how it's products preformed. I hope we still discuss those products that miss the mark.
What makes rokslide great- people buy expensive gear run it though it's paces and give honest feedback on how it worked for them. Kool-aid drinkers and haters both have opinions that just don't carry any wieght in that conversation.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm not much of an Internet forum guy. I lurked on lots of forums for several years, almost joining, but then I'd get turned off by trashy behavior. An opinion based on experience is one thing, but some of the stuff I saw was just awful. Then I found Rokslide, joined the next day. There's still a few keyboard commandos on here, but that is offset by the simple fact that I can learn something productive every time I log in. The reviews are great, the stories are well written, and the questions almost always lead to productive enlightening conversation. Thanks to everyone on here that keeps things civil and fun.