Feelings regarding Hawks not making playoffs?

I wonder if there is anybody out there that is as happy as me about the Seahawks not making the playoffs? I'm sure that I wouldn't be as happy as I am but I had a bet with my good buddy down in Seattle and after today, it looks like he will be the one responsible for providing the keg of beer, when he comes up this next summer for his annual fishing trip. Just so there're no hard feelings, no one is really the looser in these bets since we're both allowed to drink as much as we want. :) Come on September!!

JWP58

WKR
The meltdown in Denver made me giggle. mtmuley

Oddly enough there has been a lack of donkey jerseys at the supermarket on sundays. Almost as if all the morons that think they're apart of the team (we're going all the way this yr) dont want to be apart this yr.....weird.

I for one haven't watched an nfl game this yr, and wont ever. The nfl and its player's dont care for me or my ilk.

HookUp

WKR
Long time hawks fan. I went bird hunting this afternoon instead of watching the hawks, shot 5 ducks in a couple hours time better spent. Planning on more Sunday hunts and less game days.

I live in the Seattle area- not a Hawks fan. I have always been a Bears fan. I have really tried to like the Seahawks- and for a brief period, I almost came around. I kind of liked the back in the day rivalries of the AFC West. That was some fun times. Then Holmgren came along and butchered that. I cannot stand that guy- never liked him at any team he was at. Now the Hawk fan base is so goofy to me. They have no sense of tradition. They just sort of pick a team and say they are rivals. The Cards, Rams, and Niners just don't excite me...

But on a side note- watch how quickly the 12's start falling away. There will always be a couple old hardcore Hawk fans who remember the Raiders/Broncos/Chargers/Chiefs games, but all of the "twelfie" taking new fans are already looking for the next thing to cling onto.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Beat and beatup . Went to my first Seahawk game in the 70's . It shows you cant stay on top forever ( Unless your a Pats fan . Damn that teams good) . Might be a time to revamp and get heathy again . Forever a fan . Go Hawks !

Ronb

WKR
I think we would be 12-4 if we had a decent kicker. The window is still open. They have brought in some young talent this year. Just blew it on the kicker. They will fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I agree with Full Choke, lots of 12’s will be jumping ship. I have always watched them since I was a kid but not a fan of the attitude players have the past couple years so haven’t watched a single game this year. I will stick to UW and college football.

HookUp

WKR
The reason there is so many 12s is the rapid growth of the Seattle area (Amazon, yeah that Amazon). Seattle is a patient loyal fan base, if we have a winning season the town is happy. We are a razor thin line away from getting back. JS and PC re-signed to many aging players and look what happened. If Seattle doesn't address its first half offense woes and get rid of some older guys they wont get back to form.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just have one question: Are players still kneeling for the anthem? I wouldn't know as I haven't seen an NFL game in months. I stopped watching the NBA sometime in the late 80's. Stopped watching MLB in the mid-90's, and now the NFL in 2017. Never did watch the NHL.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I wished they would have although they don't have a championship caliber team. I worked for them in a security capacity for 14 years so I have a great deal of loyalty to them and always will. Been following them since the beginning.
That being said........I don't care much who is in the Super Bowl AS LONG AS IT AINT THE FRIGGIN PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!
Kind of leaning towards the Vikings........

Randy

I agree 5 miles back everyone hates a champion. If you don't like it them, beat them. Still have to give them major props for continually winning year after year after year

Last edited:
I’m just glad to see the Bills make the playoffs officially making the Mariners the most pathetic franchise in pro sports!

As for the Hawks they looked tired to me and need the month off to rest and figure out which veterans earn the label Not For Long.