So long TV, Hello Amazon

Grumman

WKR
Randy just wanted to say with all the filth on TV, thanks for being a positive role model for the young ones and producing good television. My 9 year old boy likes to turn on your show along with Meateater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And thank you for putting out a great show and sharing so much knowledge. This past fall was my first year elk hunting. With information gleaned from you, I was able to figure it out, work it out, and pack it out.

2five7

WKR
Hey Randy! Can you shoot a bedded Buck with your bow now? I hope so!

This is good news for all hunters that enjoy watching quality hunting content, and I can't wait until other follow suit.

This is great news. I get more out of your podcasts and day by day YouTube videos than the “canned” episodes. Those are certainly entertaining, but not as educational. I can’t wait to see more long form content. If in doubt, don’t cut it out! The raw content is great!

The network has restrictions on what you can say/do. Contract prohibit any mention of other video distribution platforms, such as Amazon. We did do a piece at the end of this week's airings telling people to go to our website, where we have this video loaded and they can learn what we are up to.

Thanks for following.

Any plans to put more seasons on Amazon anytime soon? Would love to see some of the older stuff there as well as new. I am sure there are business complexities but equally sure the demand is there. Besides, I am going to wear out my fire thingy watching season 4 and 5 over and over again.

Hall256

WKR
Randy...this is great, way to change with the times. Looking forward to getting more than just free shipping out of my Prime membership.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
So, is there any way to actually get Amazon Prime shows on the TV instead of a computer or other device?
I do not have a smart tv either...all I do is run a HDMI cable from my laptop to the TV and that will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Any plans to put more seasons on Amazon anytime soon? Would love to see some of the older stuff there as well as new. I am sure there are business complexities but equally sure the demand is there. Besides, I am going to wear out my fire thingy watching season 4 and 5 over and over again.

Season 3 went live in the last couple days. We are working on some episode from this past falls, which are Season 6.

Two struggles with past episodes is that Amazon allow no commercialization, yet in network TV, you had to use overlays and other tricks to let people know what equipment you were using. Also, Amazon uses an entirely different closed captioning system than the network, so we have to get everything re-captured for the format Amazon requires. So we are re-editing all of those past episodes and making them live when they get approved by Amazon.

Thanks for following along.

Here is a link to a Wyoming muzzleloader pronghorn hunt we filmed a few months ago that just went live on Amazon this week - Amazon.com: Wyoming Pronghorn Promise: Randy Newberg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched Amazon for the first time last night. Thanks for making a great show and showing another option to cable tv

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Congrats Randy! I think that’s awesome! The nonsense revolving around outdoor TV and car tv in general is ridiculous. Good for you for recognizing it and moving to a better format! Wish DOD would make the same move. It’d be awesome to be able to film for a longer format that would do the story justice and not just be a filler between commercials. Super news and wish you all the best success!!

Found your show on Prime a couple weeks back. It has quickly become one of my favorites, along with my 7 year old sons favorite shows! Randy Newberg gets mentioned regularly in our household lately! Thanks for a great show!

I gave up on watching hunting shows several years ago. Found Fresh Tracks and Meat Eater on Amazon and Netflix a while back. Great shows. Really appreciate everything you do, Randy. Its refreshing to see a hunting show that isn't canned hunts and you don't have some moron spouting about stupid products for 99% of show the show.

NDGuy

WKR
Awesome thanks for all your work Randy! Looks like I will have some more seasons to watch!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent move Randy, and thanks for the explanation. Good to have your influence in the new media where just a few years ago I doubted hunting would be accepted. God bless your endeavors Randy

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Excellent move and thank you for the switch. Now if we can just get Steven Rinella to do the same.

When will new episodes air on Amazon? Also will one episode be placed on Amazon each week or will they all be put in at once?