Eberlestock Mainframe

Planning on buying this frame for a versitile "do-all" pack for western hunts.

I'll be moose hunting in Alaska in the near future and was curious if this would hold up to 100lb+ hind quarters?

Any experiences or thoughts?

Thanks!

bruno59

WKR
I have used one for years and hauled all kinds of stuff with it I packed out my mtn. mule deer this year with it but when I killed my elk I used my exo and kifaru if you have a 18 inch torso it will work anything bigger load lifters are not going to work as well as far as 100lb. hind quarters that would be pushing it I paid $135 for mine when they first came out and still looks new well worth the money

The pack will hold up to that weight just fine. Like others said, load lifters wont work if you have a long torso. We have used them off and on for a couple years, and I used one all hunting season this year. Pretty comfortable pack for me (5,10), Packed out a cow elk this fall, and I packed both bone in hind quarters and both back straps in one trip.

I have one for sale with the little big top and accessories for a good price if you check out my post.

EastMT

WKR
There are others that are way more comfortable to carry heavy loads, but also way more expensive. I've been using mine as a training pack with 60lb sand bag, and I really like it.

Obviously the high end packs are better suited to heavy loads, but I am a big fan of the compact size of the hard frame, I am ordering the batwings and a kifaru camp bag as I like the idea of a side zip roll too dry bag on the pack.

"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

OP
Robinhood21
coop22250, we must be brothers from another mother because that is my exact thought on how I'm going to set it up.

Batwings with a Kifaru camp bag... wow that's kind of eerie

There are others that are way more comfortable to carry heavy loads, but also way more expensive. I've been using mine as a training pack with 60lb sand bag, and I really like it.

Obviously the high end packs are better suited to heavy loads, but I am a big fan of the compact size of the hard frame, I am ordering the batwings and a kifaru camp bag as I like the idea of a side zip roll too dry bag on the pack.

"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."