New Krux EVO Pack Frame from Stone Glacier

hflier

WKR
I was lucky enough to get the first one shipped. Man is it light!. I will be putting it through some paces this week and will post how I think it works. One immediate observation is the green is different from the pictures. Looks much closer to Ranger green than the pictures show. This is a good thing in my opinion.

Ron

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
6280218fac6482974230b199bf76d69a.jpg

962b31f4e97fa4e7f06dab720485cff8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mtnboy

WKR
Nice,what does it weigh?
If its like other Stone Glacier products, it weighs exactly what the website says.

Stone Glacier isn't in the business of BSing people like a lot of outdoor companies do with weights.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Does it have curved back stays or is it more like the Kifaru UL frame with the arrow stays?

I found that with the Kifaru UL/Arrow stays that with heavier load it wouldn't stay situated in the right spot on my back and would tend to slide down. When I would tighten the load lifters too much it really started to do that which made for constant adjustment. With the curved stays heavy loads stay nice and stuck in that pocket in the small of my back.

I like the idea of this frame and reducing pack weight pretty significantly over a kifaru with the right bag, just concerned about how that frame is setup.

IdahoElk

WKR
If its like other Stone Glacier products, it weighs exactly what the website says.

Stone Glacier isn't in the business of BSing people like a lot of outdoor companies do with weights.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2lbs 7oz. cool!

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
They are straight, but the pack is more rigid than the arrow stays.

Forgot to weigh it lol, but I will for my full review. Here it is with my 5900 loaded to about 35 lbs. I will start tomorrow with that just to get things dialed in prior to putting some real load on.

4f062097c2286a195ce6b2aba3cf8dc8.jpg

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
Up an out at 4:30am for a quick 3.25 miles prior to work. First observation is the belt is awesome. I am still carrying a little too much weight around the middle and have no ass. Every pack I have owned (and that is many) I have problems with the belt not staying put, even when very tight. Today I pulled the belt tight and honestly never thought about it again. That is a first. The belt pulls where excellent, no slippage at all, once pulled tight they were rock solid. I detected no pack flex at all. Now granted this was a light load of 35lbs, but it was very solid, no sway, no flex. There was a little noise, but the noise subsided as the hike progressed. I attribute that to a brand new pack with strong material and it just needs a little use. There were no squeaks or any other annoying noises. Lumbar pad was awesome, for us flat assed folks, it is perfect. I felt zero pressure, only snug fit and stability. For the first trip, I was not focused on the pack, very unusual, as it seems I usually have to work at getting things settled down, so I would say that is the goal, a pack you aren't thinking about. Next I will drop about 30-35 more pounds in it and see how it goes. At 55 years old I will not be going over that weight (65-70lbs), I will leave that to some of the younger crowd here.

Ron

OP
hflier

hflier

WKR
It’s is great. Tomorrow I am going to load more weight to see how that feels.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just got one in medium, tried it with 80lb on at the expo and it felt good and it wanted to ride home with me... Per my hanging scale its 2lb-8.5oz, not that its a precision scale or anything. Here's what it looks like against ranger green:

fty8slhl.jpg

I just got one in medium, tried it with 80lb on at the expo and it felt good and it wanted to ride home with me... Per my hanging scale its 2lb-8.5oz, not that its a precision scale or anything. Here's what it looks like against ranger green:

fty8slhl.jpg

Well you may have just sealed the deal for me...

With the 80lb on it did you feel like you were giving up any comfort compared to other frames youve tried?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have used both MR frames, NICE and guidelight but my waist size bottoms the belt out at 90lb on the guidelight. This belt is comfy and I had some more room to tighten if needed with that load. Haven’t hiked with it yet but seemed favorable.