Testimonials needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgreen

WKR
I came across Rokslide while searching for reviews (Wow, I just noticed it's going on 5 years!). I wanted info on boots and packs, and I found much more great info and articles then I ever expected. Thinking back, I've been a member of at least 5 or 6 other outdoor-themed forums. They are all still around, but I spend my time here. As others have pointed out, the signal-to-noise ratio on Rokslide is what forums should strive towards. I can definitely say my time in the woods is more enjoyable thanks to what I've learned here over the years (and not just the gear reviews).

Steve

arri1942

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide is a wealth of hunting passion and knowledge. No better place to share advice, stories, good times, bad times, and improve yourself as a hunter and outdoorsman.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
As my journey in the world of hunting is continually evolving, so is my appetite for upper echelon gear and Rokslide is the best place to find real world experts on top tier gear. I stumbled on it in 2013 while researching backpacks and it quickly became my go to place to find solid info on all things hunting but especially backpack hunting. The info here is truly invaluable.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Cam_Shrum

FNG
I love this site. While I don't typically make my own posts, I am constantly reading reviews, user feedback, and personal hunting accounts. I greatly appreciate everyone and the openess of the community. I wish more forums were this great!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cg2737

WKR
I found Rokslide mentioned on a thread on AT. In the thread a member was asking about archery equipment for a Western hunt. For whatever reason the membership was tearing him up rather that answering his questions. One member suggested that he check out Rokslide. I joined Rokslide that day and rarely go back to the other site. My favorite part of Rokslide is the friendly and informative membership. With the help of members, I have been able to put together some amazing gear and went on my first public land elk hunt this year. Keep up the good work.

Jimbob

WKR
I found Rokslide in the beginning and it has fueled my mountain hunting appetite with in depth reviews and amazing hunting stories. The experience of the users in undeniable and the information shared is priceless. After many years on Rokslide I just couldn't handle living out East any longer. My Family and I moved to BC and I know Rokslide played a big part in developing my desire to be a mountain hunter.

twall13

WKR
I found Rokslide in my search for high end hunting gear. Every google search for reviews on the gear I was interested in lead me back to Rokslide, and after being a member for awhile it's easy to see why. I've stuck around because the moderators and members make it a place where I can learn and share without all of the B.S. from other forums. Awesome forum for all things western hunting, especially if you are a gear head!
2f76993367fd651d2d07ee462d438c92.jpg

082386bf809e35d2e7f19e6659490e9d.jpg
f480273de2de30bf427f783520f9d036.jpg

Last edited:

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
A long time Elk hunting friend told me about Rokslide so I lurked for a few months gathering information on western hunting. I found I didn't have the quality light weight gear I needed (wanted) for my backpack hunting experience. So I got addicted to the classifieds and in the process got some good deals and some great friendships.

The value of any online forum is directly related to the quality of the people who moderate and participate in it. I've found Rokslide to be the backpack hunter's premier resource for exchanging information with experienced and humble comrades.

I was referred to Rokslide by several other hunting guides as an incredible resource for all things related to mountain hunting, high quality equipment and backcountry technique. As a long-time member of several very large archery hunting forums, I can tell you that NO internet community has the quality of information and camaraderie amongst its members. If you’re serious about hunting, particularly mountain hunting, Rokslide is where you want to be!

-all day every day and TWICE on Sundays! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
I found rokslide while searching backcountry hunting.

This is the foremost resource for all your equipment needs, tactics and networking opportunities to enjoy backcountry hunting!

John

IMG_2911.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
One more caveat, I’m gonna need a hunting pic with that testimonial:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hunter6

WKR
I found Rokslide while living on the East Coast dreaming about going out west to hunt elk and mule deer. A year later and a career move to Oregon, Rokslide helped me successfully kill and pack out my first mule deer (5 miles from the truck). This website helped then and today with gear research, hunting tactics and celebrating in my successes. I would recommend anyone give Rokslide a try. What do you have to lose?

cd1618ed9a9f0a47998ef96bf7512f9d.jpg
6453b2bedca381dd57fb08be289ad622.jpg

The pictures above are of my first DIY mule deer in Eastern Oregon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.