Testimonials needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I found Rokslide researching gear - and it doesn’t matter what gear review, article, or topic you search for, Rokslide will be invariably be a top response with quality content on the website AND its diverse forums. Rokslide is the only Internet forum I participate in due to its informative, positive and field-based community mindset. Bad apples who don’t get that get crushed by the mighty ban hammer. The content this website publishes makes it my top resource for all things hunting and outdoor gear.

c1f54196d192d9f5716c74ee9d0610c7.jpg

43da24dd7662e7f7ddecc68f736b396a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
I live in eastern Pennsylvania, about as far from the Rocky Mountains as you can get, and a friend told me about Rokslide when I decided I wanted to pursue hunting the West. He told me about the deals on the classified ads, and the valuable information available on the site from some of the best hunters around. After countless gear purchases and endless hours spent gathering information on this forum, I was able to travel to Colorado for my first elk hunt in 2017, and to say I’m hooked for life doesn’t even sum it up. Rokslide helped my dream of hunting the west become a reality, and I’m so thankful for the wealth of information available on Rokslide.

3ce5099b770193770d80daa0ed00f15e.jpg

trom2k

FNG
I found Rokslide via searching for gear reviews as I was new to bow hunting. After lurking on the site for many months it became apparent that the content from moderators, partners, and the community was genuine and there truly was a desire to honestly answer questions and help others navigate the sport of western hunting. A few of my favorite aspects of the site/community are:

1) There seems to be much less judgement and animosity towards those that don’t share your exact point of view. This leads to actual discussions regarding the sport and current events that may impact it.

2) The skill and experience level between members varies greatly and there is a willingness to offer credible information to those starting out. This creates positive experiences both in the community and in the field to grow the sport in a responsible and sustainable manner.

3) Respect for those in the community. There is MUCH less (none for the most part) bashing and ridicule on Rokslide compared to other sites I’ve visited.

4) Honest gear reviews. I know there are site sponsors and that they rely on Rokslide to drive a portion of sales. That being said, I haven’t come across a review where it seemed like data or the experience was manipulated to favor sales. If it sucked, we hear it.

Thanks for all you guys do, it’s been a great resource and I hope it continues.

Tom

11-28-16, 08.30.20.jpg

Last edited:

Eagle

WKR
I've been a member of this community almost since inception, and can honestly say it is the ONLY site I visit for western hunting related discussions. The knowledge of the members and the job the moderators do in keeping the community in check keep me coming back anytime I have a hunting related question.

Attachments

• mule deer 1.jpg
    mule deer 1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 51

adamm88

WKR
I heard of rockslide through another forum. Iv always hunted and as and adult became a "gear whore", this forum was a mix of gear junkies and hardcore hunters, i feel like i fit in and i never even hunted outside of Pa. Anyone could use this forum as a resource and learn something/contribute.

Lawnboi

WKR
Great, diverse group of like minded outdoorsman. Lots of meat has gone in the freezer with a little hard work and some knowledge built by being an active member of this forum.

Luked

WKR
The most comprehensive place for information about Backcountry hunting tactics, quarry and gear on the web

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rokslide is a community more than a forum of like minded individuals, who actually hunt, that are interested in the best possible gear and tactics for backpack hunting.

EroyoNJ.jpg

as.ks.ak

WKR
Rokslide is a wealth of knowledge. There's folks here who take mountain hunting serious, and are willing to share wisdom. Something typically not easy to come by. This site has given a lot of newcomers a place to go and just become consumed with every aspect of preparing for the coming season. Myself, I moved to Alaska from Kansas. I'm a flatlander converted into a mountain hunter. I have spent hundreds of hours reading from people such as SLDMTN, BRWNBR, 4mer, TROUTBUM, Luke and Becca, the Averys, J. Budd. The list goes on and on. But when it comes to back country knowledge and first hand experience, this site has given a lot of us the means to tap into all sorts of great ideas and pointers to get us traveling down the right path. I highly recommend grabbing yourself a 6 pack or a whiskey and sitting down to do some reading on the only slide that's better than a water slide, and that's Rokslide!!!

96c872947d7494e461a6f1f066fc5535.jpg

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
I heard about this site while in an otc elk unit in Colorado. I stalked up on a site member twice in three days. We even hunted together for a few hours the second time. After speaking for awhile during the second interaction he told me, “you take this stuff seriously, you would fit in great over on Rokslide.”

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you everyone for your testimonials and pics. I will look over them, and let you know in the next couple days. It’s gonna be tough, Ryan, Robby and I really appreciate your support and kind words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beendare

WKR
As a longtime hunter AND a longtime Forum peruser, I like Rokslide for its quality of posters...its zero tolerance for squabble....and its accurate gear assessments. Plus, there are plenty of experienced guys willing to lend a hand to the less experienced- good stuff.

Brendan

WKR
I'm an Easterner who lives 2500 miles from elk country. I'd always dreamed about elk hunting, and finally decided I was going to make it happen after I found Rokslide in 2013. After a year of research here and all sorts of prep and training I was driving those 2500 miles west for a solo elk hunt in southwest Montana in 2014. 12 days later, and I'm hooked for life!

i-DP9RzMF-L.jpg

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/elk/22604-rookie-elk-hunt-boston-montana-solo.html

Last edited:

Hall256

WKR
Came here looking for a review on some rain gear, and ended up finding a community of likeminded hunters that took the time to share their knowledge, there lessons learned, and their success and failures in back country hunting.

Now several years later, thanks to this site I'm hooked on hunting in the back country, and I know if I ever need a little guidance along the way, the members here will help.
897cf868f0facd554644dd555f5ef466.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
The winners have been chosen and notified. Thank you again for all of the awesome submissions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TexanSam

Lil-Rokslider
I found rokslide googling "good spots to hunt elk in Colorado"

It has helped me realize how much money I need to spend.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I found Rokslide while researching gear and elk hunting techniques prior to my first elk hunt. Since then, Rokslide has been my primary resource for all things related to western hunting, archery, and firearms. All of the members on this site are very knowledgeable and always willing to lend a hand.

View attachment 64509

I sent you a message, check your inbox!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hey guys, I’m putting together some marketing stuff for 2018, and need a few testimonials ie how you found Rokslide, your favorite part of Rokslide or how it’s helped you. I need about 6, and they only have to be a couple of sentences. The ones I choose will get a Rokslide T-shirt. Thanks!

Please also add a hunting photo.

Thanks!

Where else can you interact with THE LEGEND, Robby Denning, on a daily basis? No other site comes close.

Status
Not open for further replies.