California Hog Hunts

I’m kind of in agreement. Average price is $900-1100 for 2-3 days not including tag/license fees.

Tejon semi guided is 6k for up to 8 hunters and included all food and lodging from mid friday to mid sunday hunting. Works out to about $750 per hunter. I looked into it when setting up the Norcal get together. Seems like best thing going for pay to hunt but you have to have 8 or more for that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ozzymodel70

Lil-Rokslider
This outfit does semi guided hunts on the Central Coast Wild Pig, Hog & Boar Archery Hunting in Monterey County and California's Central Coast I've been wanting to check them out myself. Also if you're from So. cal. I wouldn't drive past Cen Cal. To pig hunt no need to drive to the other end of the state. I saw someone mentioned Tom Willoughby. That man is legendary! I killed my first pig with him when I was 12. If he's still guiding I would highly recommend him plus he's out of King City. I'll never forget driving in his old pick up staring at his Playboy calander on his dash!

This outfit does semi guided hunts on the Central Coast Wild Pig, Hog & Boar Archery Hunting in Monterey County and California's Central Coast I've been wanting to check them out myself. Also if you're from So. cal. I wouldn't drive past Cen Cal. To pig hunt no need to drive to the other end of the state. I saw someone mentioned Tom Willoughby. That man is legendary! I killed my first pig with him when I was 12. If he's still guiding I would highly recommend him plus he's out of King City. I'll never forget driving in his old pick up staring at his Playboy calander on his dash!

Ozzymodel70, last I hear, there weren't any pigs at Bryson. So if your seriously thinking of going that route, you might want to check their current status very carefully. However, I may be thinking of a different Bryson (I've never been there; actually, I've never done a guided hunt of any kind).

Last edited:

Bagel_7

Lil-Rokslider
The name was mentioned before but I hunted Bitterwater outfitters in shandon Ca and can give you my feedback of you want to dm me

MattB

WKR
I only live a couple hour drive from some of the places listed on here and have clicked on some of the links you guys provided. Is it just me or are all of these CA Pig hunt services EXTREMELY overpriced ? My god ! One can run a quick search to see many pig hunts in FL and TX for around $200-$300 . If I was looking to go on a guided pig hunt I'd probably use one of those services ( TX, FL etc ). With flight and meat shipping it would probably cost less or close in price but I'd look into that just on principal.

While CA hunt prices are high by comparison, with airfare, baggage fees, and any sort of value placed on your time, you would be significant dollars behind by going out of state.

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
We just booked our second hunt in NorCal with Rocky Ridge Hunting Club. The group we’ve been with has gone for several years with success, my first trip was last year and 5 guys tagged out in 1.5 days of hunting. This year we’re bringing a 6th guy and will hunt an extra day.

Before you look into it too much, PM and I’ll give you more details about the outfitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

floatdogg

FNG
I know one guy very successful at lake Sonoma near my home. He has that place wired. I get on them, but can’t close the deal. That place it’s like playing the odds. The more time spent, the better odds of crossing paths.

I’d be happy to show you around.
Hey Boom! I'm a new hunter, been hitting A zone hard but the season ended and I had no luck. I have an AO tag. Been attempting to hunt deer but since I am located in the bay area and A zone is over I really want to try my hand at hog hunting. I do archery. Any info on lake sonoma would be greatly appreciated! Or if you're heading out there some time in the future and would be okay with a novice hunter tagging along I would like to inquire!

ledflight

WKR
Anyone know of a reasonably priced outfit in the Eureka /Humboldt area? I will be visiting family there this summer. Thanks!

Shotshill

FNG
Rocky ridge is good but used to be great. The owners are great folks but frankly are past their prime... Try and get Dwight to guide your hunt is my call if you use them. Also its basically 900-1200 a hunt here in Ca... As in all things Cali, you lead with your wallet..

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. I’ve never paid more than $400 in CA - still a lot for a pig frankly. They’re really asking that much up in Humbolt?

If you’re sticking around long enough to come down to Sonoma or southern Mendo, I’ve got a couple names I could share. The best action is around Paso Robles.

ledflight

WKR
900 would be out of budget. I am with the family so Sonoma is too far. A single day trip would be best but I get that is unlikely. I’ll see what my local family can find. I know my brother has a hunter friend out there who got an elk this year. Maybe their farmer friends have some problem pigs for us.
we’ll be leaving california just before bear season starts, sadly. Thanks all

JFK

WKR
I hunt pigs a fair amount in California. The guides are raising their prices because guys are willing to pay it. I recently called the guide I normally use and he informed me his rates had gone up another $150 for a two day hunt. I told him “no thanks” and that was that. Called another guy who offers the same hunt for less. I get it, prices on everything goes up, but it’s getting out of hand. Honestly, on the good ranches you normally tag out the first day. Just a few years ago it was normal to pay between $500-$600 for a 2 day hunt. Now it’s around $800 way up to some crazy prices I’ve seen like $1600. I still go and have managed to find some ranchers who guide part time to make weekend money and don’t charge the really high prices, but it’s still more than it used to be and that means I go less and I can see a day where I don’t hunt pigs at all if the prices keep going up every single year. All that said, it is incredibly fun. People who compare Texas or Florida to California pig hunting don’t get that shooting fenced in pigs over a pile of corn isn’t as fun as glassing free range pigs in big open country and stalking them. The ones from California taste better too as they are on a much cleaner diet eating mostly acorns, barley and wine grapes from the vineyards. I’m hunting them in a couple days and can’t wait. You can get it done in a few places on public but you’ll need to spend time (multiple trips) and hunt in the wet months. I wouldn’t even bother hunting public when it’s hot out....they aren’t there.

Rob5589

WKR
I hunt pigs a fair amount in California. The guides are raising their prices because guys are willing to pay it. I recently called the guide I normally use and he informed me his rates had gone up another $150 for a two day hunt. I told him “no thanks” and that was that. Called another guy who offers the same hunt for less. I get it, prices on everything goes up, but it’s getting out of hand. Honestly, on the good ranches you normally tag out the first day. Just a few years ago it was normal to pay between $500-$600 for a 2 day hunt. Now it’s around $800 way up to some crazy prices I’ve seen like $1600. I still go and have managed to find some ranchers who guide part time to make weekend money and don’t charge the really high prices, but it’s still more than it used to be and that means I go less and I can see a day where I don’t hunt pigs at all if the prices keep going up every single year. All that said, it is incredibly fun. People who compare Texas or Florida to California pig hunting don’t get that shooting fenced in pigs over a pile of corn isn’t as fun as glassing free range pigs in big open country and stalking them. The ones from California taste better too as they are on a much cleaner diet eating mostly acorns, barley and wine grapes from the vineyards. I’m hunting them in a couple days and can’t wait. You can get it done in a few places on public but you’ll need to spend time (multiple trips) and hunt in the wet months. I wouldn’t even bother hunting public when it’s hot out....they aren’t there.
As much as I'd love to do it, there is no way I am dropping 800+ for a single pig. One of my co-workers was telling me about his hunt; one 175 lb pig, 1000.00, done in about two hrs.

Azone

WKR
As much as I'd love to do it, there is no way I am dropping 800+ for a single pig. One of my co-workers was telling me about his hunt; one 175 lb pig, 1000.00, done in about two hrs.

Wow, and I think 20 something dollars for the tag is a rip off. I cant believe some of these prices.