ATA show

Grumman

WKR
OtterBox is displaying injection molded coolers made in the USA. Watched the YouTube vid on them they look really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Shed crazy was there filming in Phone Skopes booth, and was told to not film. Why? it is a secret ?
It's in a public trade show for a big reveal. I would want stuff put out there, for free.

I don't know guys, $2 autographs, anti theft trail cams and accesories, $1000 bow sights- Sales/Marketing of what we love is getting out of hand.
I really liked the Rambo bikes- but at $4K for the big one- ummm no.
Seems to be a lot of $$ sown into hunting industry.

A lot of revenue is flowing thru the states thanks to hunters.
I sure hope our voice is being heard when it comes to land control, hunting rights etc....

We are definitely being used to take money from. I just hope we are valued as much.

boring year except for the Garmen. Coverage except instagram and Facebook has been horrible.

Exactly. I have gone to watching Randy on Amazon Prime. So far there has been nothing from ATA to get me excited. Bows are nice but now we are getting really pricey. I do like the Sitka bow sling. Hoping for something from crossover stabs or quivalizer.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
I went to see all the hunting personalities.

Chris Brackett was there but got in trouble. Apparently he was at a couple different booths, but only paid for one...

I ran into him and asked for his autograph, but turned him away when he said it'd cost me 2 bucks.

Best thing I read all day, Hopefully he didn't treat you like a cameraman LOL

MtnOyster

WKR
Thank God I didn't go to the ATA show this year, it's about a 5 1/2 hour drive from my house and we got an inch of sleet and ice and 6-7 inches of snow dumped on top of that yesterday in western ky, I guess everything east of me got it too, that would have sucked driving back home in all this mess, and I was bitching about not going!!:confused:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There's not much out there that gets me too excited, I already have everything I need that I know works for me. As much as I love testing stuff, I don't really need to test much anymore to already see that I won't like it or use it. So, it probably wouldn't take me long to get through the entire show if I was there.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's not much out there that gets me too excited, I already have everything I need that I know works for me. As much as I love testing stuff, I don't really need to test much anymore to already see that I won't like it or use it. So, it probably wouldn't take me long to get through the entire show if I was there.
You would be surprised at how long it would take you to get through. Unless you just wanted to prove a point and stroll through without turning your head.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I hadn't seen anything outside of rokslide this year besides the new garmin sight, this thread has gave me more updates than anywhere

OP
mfllood3800
I watch a you tuber say the show was really laid back. I think that is code word for not really exciting. A mention of the MW Expo came up several times. Many of the companies have already debut their items prior to the show so it seems this may be losing its place as a "thing to do"

I am a member in another hobby and I have watched these types of trade shows totally die off due to the influx of internet.
It seems the ATA was more about key people meeting and discussing 2018 strategies.

I love the new technology coming to us, simply because we must have a financial place in the economy or these things wouldn't even be developed.
How ever, I am not sure I like the direction some of these items are taking us.

I hadn't seen anything outside of rokslide this year besides the new garmin sight, this thread has gave me more updates than anywhere

If you google “2018 ata”, you will find some videos from archerytalk and bowhunting.com. That is how I have received updates. There is a cool new peep out there that doesn’t need to be served in. I don’t like to serve mine in anyways so I found this design pretty cool. Other than that, the new Sitka bowsling is cool. Better than the kuiu from a design point but has the same features.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You would be surprised at how long it would take you to get through. Unless you just wanted to prove a point and stroll through without turning your head.

That just depends how much time you want to spend browsing. I'm not much of a "crowd" guy, so I usually get through these kinds of things very quickly. It doesn't take me long to recognize whether I might be interested in an item or such, so even with the turning of the head it still goes quickly.

But I can see how industry folks need to be on top of all the latest and greatest, even if they aren't personally interested in it.

Whisky

WKR

I am finally becoming more this way too. Feels good. I used to follow all the shows and new product releases, and piss a lot of money away. Now I don't give a crap. With the exception of rifle scopes, still waiting for the holy grail.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That just depends how much time you want to spend browsing. I'm not much of a "crowd" guy, so I usually get through these kinds of things very quickly. It doesn't take me long to recognize whether I might be interested in an item or such, so even with the turning of the head it still goes quickly.

But I can see how industry folks need to be on top of all the latest and greatest, even if they aren't personally interested in it.

I think it's more of getting to meet the people who design your products. Any comments or concerns you get to take up with them directly. That's probably the best part of it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I think it's more of getting to meet the people who design your products. Any comments or concerns you get to take up with them directly. That's probably the best part of it.

From my past experience, if I really like a product and use it........my only question to them would be "when are you planning on discontinuing it.....or updating it so I don't like it anymore?" So I can stock up before that time.;) So much of what I use has already been discontinued or has been changed to the point that I won't use it anymore.

sneaky

"DADDY"
From my past experience, if I really like a product and use it........my only question to them would be "when are you planning on discontinuing it.....or updating it so I don't like it anymore?" So I can stock up before that time.;) So much of what I use has already been discontinued or has been changed to the point that I won't use it anymore.
Are you still shooting the Trophy Ridge arrows?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Are you still shooting the Trophy Ridge arrows?

Yep.

My Freak prefers the GT Kinetic XT 200's spine wise, but the TR Crush 300's are all I shoot out of my Old Glory. And I'm still shooting my original dozen from 2008.......one of the best shooting and definitely the most durable arrows I've ever shot. The Kinetics are like match sticks in comparison for durability, I've already broke 10-12 of those in the last 18 months. I have a bunch of unused TR Crush arrows that I may never even need if they keep going like they do.

I watch a you tuber say the show was really laid back. I think that is code word for not really exciting. A mention of the MW Expo came up several times. Many of the companies have already debut their items prior to the show so it seems this may be losing its place as a "thing to do"

I am a member in another hobby and I have watched these types of trade shows totally die off due to the influx of internet.
It seems the ATA was more about key people meeting and discussing 2018 strategies.

I love the new technology coming to us, simply because we must have a financial place in the economy or these things wouldn't even be developed.
How ever, I am not sure I like the direction some of these items are taking us.

Thats really what the ATA was originally about. It was never about introducing the general public to new tech or products. but a chance for vendors to see new products, place orders and gain some knowledge about the product. The internet, Facebook Instagram etc have turned it into what it is today.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yep.

My Freak prefers the GT Kinetic XT 200's spine wise, but the TR Crush 300's are all I shoot out of my Old Glory. And I'm still shooting my original dozen from 2008.......one of the best shooting and definitely the most durable arrows I've ever shot. The Kinetics are like match sticks in comparison for durability, I've already broke 10-12 of those in the last 18 months. I have a bunch of unused TR Crush arrows that I may never even need if they keep going like they do.
I broke a half dozen of the Kinetic Kaos in pretty short order, sold the other 6. The PSE X weaves are tougher than the Kinetics, they just don't make them in anything stiffer than their 400 shafts which are .336 deflection or so.