Photo hosting poll

Have you had problems posting images on rokslide?

• Yes

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
Since Photobucket got anal and killed 3rd party hosting, many people have chosen NOT to bother moving their image libraries to another hosting site. Many sites (forums like this one) have simple options for hosting images loaded directly from your photo folder however, size restrictions can cause problems. This often leads to no image appearing on your post and/or an error message when clicking on the image link. For those who upload images directly to rokslide from their computer or mobile device...how many experience errors? Is it just me?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t directly upload to rokslide from my mobile, I use the tapatalk app which I believe hosts the photos. No issues with that as long as the app stays updated.

I don't use Tapatalk, but have no issues posting pictures since Photosuckit! decided to initiate their demise (I hope). I now use Imgur, and have had no issues.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had trouble with taptalk also if the picture file is to big ie. I want to post a picture I've emailed from my camera. Any photo taken with my phone posts easily

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The only problem I see from loading from the computer is that the pics show up as thumbnails on RS. This is the only site that does that to my pictures.

Brendan

WKR
Tapatalk works really well for me. Super easy. What worries me, is if they decide to pull the same trick that Photobucket did somewhere down the line... They basically have a monopoly on mobile browsing apps....

I pay for a yearly subscription to SmugMug which is great, but it's another step in that I have to upload to smugmug, then go get the link, then go back and create the post here on Rokslide.

May switch to Google Photos as it backs up my phone automatically. You get a certain amount of free google storage which is great, but haven't figured out to link directly to photos...

MtnOyster

WKR
Only problem I'm having is my pics show up small on the posts, you have to click on them to enlarge but it may be something i'm doing wrong, i'm pretty computer illiterate

The thumbnail deal sucks. I don't even bother looking at them. Even when ya click to expand, they're still too small to see well. I figger if they're too lazy to do it right, I'm too lazy to bother to look at their chit....

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
From reading this thread it appears as if Imgur is the best 3rd party hosting site for uploading photo's to Rokslide. I know things can change quite quickly on the internet, is Imgur still the way to go?

colonel00

WKR
I've been using Google Photos since before Photobucket lost their mind. I just liked it better and it synced better with my phone and organized stuff. Not the most intuitive way to post photos to forums though so I can see why many like Imgur. But it works for me so I'm sticking with it and I'm pretty sure Google will be around for a couple years :D

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been running Imgur since the apocalypse, I like it better than P-Bucket.

There is a Photobucket fix to repair threads so you can once again revisit old threads. Depends on your browser but Google Photobucket Fixer, early testing (ie last week) has worked like a champ.

TripleJ

WKR
I've been using Flickr for over a year and it's worked great for me so far.