Camo Face Paint

AZElk

FNG
I have been thinking about using camo face paint in the recent days after I got back from my AZ OTC Mule Deer hunt. I hate wearing facemasks because I get to hot and seem to be unable to hit my anchor points when shooting. I have a charcoal face paint that was sent to me but have not got around to playing with it yet. I have had my face and hands being uncovered burn me on a few stalks and am wondering what people think about the whole face paint idea.

I use it during archery season. I tend to stick with black or brown. I make sure I get some on my ears, nose, and I run three long streaks on each side of my face going from my eyes to my jaw bone. I'm trying to make my face look less human. I'm sure a face mask works better for that purpose, but I also don't like face masks.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the Carbomask. I'll likely wear it turkey hunting this year so I do not have to worry about a face mask.

Eders has a 3 pack for $8.88. It is called Carbomask

MtnOyster

WKR
I gotta go with a mask if I put anything on, paint feels like Ive got Crisco grease all over my face.

Grunt-N-Gobble

Lil-Rokslider
Carbomask rules!!!
Seriously, i got tired of wearing a facemask and tried carbomask and havent looked back. Easy on and off.

Only time i wear a facemask is turkey hunting and i chase them with a gun.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I much prefer a face mask. Doesn't get it the way while bowhunting. Way too easy to take on and off to not use it.

frankrb3

WKR
Good tip I found is that unscented baby wipes do a pretty good job of taking face paint off when you are done. I've been using the first lite phantom mask over face paint this year and will be trying the sitka light weight core hoody that has a built in face mask for next year. I still like using face paint occasionally.

Carbomask for really hot weather but the new mask built in to the Sitka Core lightweight hoody is thin and much more comfortable than a bandit.

22406064_10214087808370320_1129241913823382085_n.jpg

Last edited:
I used to paint my face but I didn't like the feel. I tried the mesh Sitka facemask last year. I really like it. It doesn't get in the way, you can pull it up and down easily and you don't smear sh!t all over your hands/face if you have an itch..

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I am sure it helps, but I can't stand face paint on my skin. The Built in face mask in the Sitka Gear Core Lightweight Hoody works pretty well and it's always there if you need it. I often also use a merino neck gaiter and pull it up when needed.

kodiakfly

WKR
I used to HATE face paint, but I tried CarboMask and it solves all the problems I had with face paint before. Now I love it.

We had a really warm October this year and I couldn't stand to wear my gaiter so finally tried out some carbomask. You forget it's on and definitely isn't greasy. Couple of baby wipes and it's completely off

I use it archery hunting. The key is making sure you cover your whole face and don't look like a #socialmediahuntress.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
. The key is making sure you cover your whole face and don't look like a #socialmediahuntress.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Damn it...i knew I was doing something wrong all these years...LOL

I might have to use that line next time I see one of my Marines with jacked up cammie paint on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Luked

WKR
I used the cheap stuff you can buy at walmart during Halloween. its a cream type paint and comes in tubes for like $1
its a little greasy till it dries decent.
might have to give the carbonmask a look though

Grumman

WKR
Never heard of Carbomask. I’ll have to give it a try. I’m a turkey hunter also and am good for losing a face mask a year so am always looking for another option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk