Photobucket Pics Come Back to Life

mcr-85

WKR
I seen this on another forum. I added the extension to Chrome and it seems to work. Heres a copy and paste from that forum.....

Some time ago, Photobucket made all of their pictures disappear from forums. That means that here, many of the pictures in the archives were lost, as well as people's avatars, signature pics, etc. Well, there is an easy way to fix that. You download a simple little extension, and like magic, they come back. You must be using either Firefox or Chrome browser... there is no fix I can find for IE... But if you're still using IE, you really need to upgrade to a better browser anyways, lol.

For Firefox users: Photobucket Hotlink Fix – Add-ons for Firefox Go that link, and click Add to Firefox. Then Add. Then OK. All done.

For Chrome Users: Photobucket Hotlink Fix - Chrome Web Store Go that link, and click Add to Chrome. Then click Add Extension. All done.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This seems odd to me.

If Photobucket blocks the photos from being hosted by them and displayed on another website like Rokslide, do the "fixes" work like a kind of hack?

bigmoose

WKR
The photos only come back if you still have a PB account. I dumped mine when all this third party stuff first happened. Too bad we didn't get this fix right off.

RoJo

WKR
The fix isn't new, I have been using it for several months. I think it was even posted about on here a time or two quite a while back. I was not aware that still having a PB account was a requirement. If you are not signed into PB, how would it know you have an account?

colonel00

WKR
Anybody have a thread link for testing? What I mean is a thread with images that used to be dead but now can been seen with this fix.

OP
mcr-85

mcr-85

WKR
The fix isn't new, I have been using it for several months. I think it was even posted about on here a time or two quite a while back. I was not aware that still having a PB account was a requirement. If you are not signed into PB, how would it know you have an account?

I must have missed the other threads about it before. I just read about it today and figured I'd put it up on Rokslide. I hate not seeing pics in the threads because Photobucket is holding them hostage.

RoJo

WKR
I must have missed the other threads about it before. I just read about it today and figured I'd put it up on Rokslide. I hate not seeing pics in the threads because Photobucket is holding them hostage.

No problem, for all the other people who missed it, it is good that you posted it.

bigmoose

WKR

In my case I went into my PB account and deleted all my photos.