Toyota Double Cab

sneaky

"DADDY"
latest
You do realize that the Tundras have more domestic parts content than the Rams do, right?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WKR
I'm 6'7" and have over 200,000 miles on double cab Tundras. It's also nice to drive a truck made in Texas, though I could probably drive a Ford too. The other Mexican made trucks hold zero interest to me. Maybe after Ram goes back to Michigan thanks to the Trump tax deal I might entertain one.

We take a lot of long trips and a large dog kennel fits in the double cab back seat fine. Plus I have ridden in the back with no issues. I do love the longer truck bed on mine.

Remind us of all of the Dodge lyrics while you're at it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Little old Lady from Pasedena and Copperhead Road to name a couple.

My brother just bought a double cab with the sole intent on sleeping in the bed. The back seat seems just as roomy as my quad cab dodge.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

twall13

WKR
I have a double cab and I got it because of the bed length vs. the crew cab. I occasionally haul an ATV in the bed of the truck while pulling a camp trailer and it barely fits in the 6.5' bed. While I wouldn't say adults have tons of room in the back seat it's sufficient for most people. I still don't understand why Toyota doesn't make a 6.5' bed in the crew cab models. If they can put an 8' bed on the double cab they can certainly put a 6.5' bed on the crew cab. Oh well, I still think it's an awesome truck. 125,000 miles on my 2011 and zero issues. I can't say the same for my old Chevy that had similar miles before I sold it...

Beendare

WKR
I have the tundra double cab with 6 1/2' bed. The DuHa works good for storage under the back seat though that subwoofer takes up a lot of room.

My Tundra is bullet proof but only gets 14.3mpg.

If I was buying a new truck now it would be the Dodge 5.7 v8 gas truck. We have one Double cab bighorn thats getting 20.2mpg with about 1/2 of its driving stop and go- and it has the power of my Tundra. IMPRESSIVE.

OP
A

Antlers

FNG
Thanks for all the responses - they have been very helpful. I'll let you know what I end up doing - leaning toward the double cab.

V65Magna

FNG
I got a 2013 double cab Tundra and it's a beast. Plenty of room in the back for my kids and the extra foot of bed space is well worth it. I really don't get the concept of the crew cab when it eats up precious bed space. I threw 2 big does and my Polaris 570 in the back of mine a few weeks ago (had to leave the tailgate down, however)!

Oh yeah and the mileage - Like Beendare says: 14.3. "City or Country" one might ask? Just 14.3 - period.

Billinsd

WKR
If I was buying a new truck now it would be the Dodge 5.7 v8 gas truck. We have one Double cab bighorn thats getting 20.2mpg with about 1/2 of its driving stop and go- and it has the power of my Tundra. IMPRESSIVE.
That's a great selling point!!!

Evergreen

WKR
I've had both 2008 crewmax and now 2014 double. I opted for more bed space the second time but haven't needed it but haven't needed the extra space in the back seat either. If/when I buy another it will most likely be the crewmax and here's my experience/reasons:
1) IMO the crewmax rode better on ruff roads and handled better in slippery conditions ie snow/mud. I cant say for sure why but I believe the crewmax distributes weight across the frame better for those conditions.
2) My Polaris 500 doesn't fit either bed without the gate being down unless the bumper is up against the rear of the cab on my current truck. I like my rear window so I don't do that!
3) For long road trips the crewmax adds a little extra comfort for passengers (especially older kids) and extra room for gear without the topper. I am disappointed that Toyota doesn't offer the reclining rear seats in the crewmax any longer it just added to passenger comfort.

Beendare

WKR
That's a great selling point!!!

I'm not easily impressed. I've owned Fords, Chevys, Toyotas for over 30 years...and now the Dodge [bought for my foreman] diesels and gas. All of the first few have been good [except for the chevy front ends and a couple ticks tacky things, trani in the old powerstrokes] and the only negative to the Tundra is the gas mileage.

50% better mileage is a big deal with the Dodge and they seem to be built better than the old rattle traps.

I see where Ford is rated higher MPG now due to less overall weight and that V6 eco.....but that V6 has to work awfully hard for its performance. I saw a vid where a Ford guy asked all the mechanics at his dealership , "Which motor?"...and almost all said, V8- telling.

I moved away from GM- government motors....though my guess is they are a good option.

View attachment 65230
2017 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO crewmax. Absolutely love the truck.... and so does all my passengers in the back! Plenty of room in the bed for week long elk hunting and if I need something bigger, just hook the trailer to haul.

Yah. I make all my significant, comparative financial decisions based on the volume of lyrics written about what I intend to buy.

I constantly consult the search feature on lyrics.com to see what I should be buying based on mentions in songs.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to drink my morning Courvoisier and strap on my yeezys.

RyanH

FNG
Yah. I make all my significant, comparative financial decisions based on the volume of lyrics written about what I intend to buy.

I constantly consult the search feature on lyrics.com to see what I should be buying based on mentions in songs.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to drink my morning Courvoisier and strap on my yeezys.

Picking up my Glock 9 this Thursday, just in time for spring gobbler.

TripleJ

WKR
I have the double cab. My 3 boys are able to ride in the back seat comfortably if needed. My oldest is 6'1". I like the extra bed space compared to my hunting buddy with the Crewmax Tundra.