Donald Trump Jr and Jason Hairston Sheep Hunting

I was completely surprised to see Donald Trump Jr. hunting with Jason Hairston on the latest KUIU video:

KUIU - Marathon of Dreams - YouTube

I wanted to share just in case anyone missed it. It is not very well publicized and really wasn't even in the description, so I suspect that it would be hard to find. It was weird for me, just sitting there seeing the latest KUIU video and suddenly there Don was. Let's hope this gets things going in the right direction for hunting advocacy. It is a small hope, I know, but hey, hope is eternal.

Jason and Don Jr are in a great position to be advocates for hunters but I'm just not sure they relate with the public land diy guy very well, and that's not a slight on them it's just their current situation is far from the average hunters.

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
Jason and Don Jr are in a great position to be advocates for hunters but I'm just not sure they relate with the public land diy guy very well, and that's not a slight on them it's just their current situation is far from the average hunters.

I agree but Ted Roosevelt ain't walkin through the door anytime soon.

dotman

WKR
Don Jr and Jason have been friends awhile, Jason was at the inauguration of Trump when he won his sheep auction tag last year, he had others bidding for him.

Last edited:

IdahoElk

WKR

JD619er

WKR
I don't think anyone questions trump jrs support of hunting i think it is definately questionable of how much public land for all of us to use means to people in the financial situation that he and Hairston are in.

dotman

WKR
Don Jr is a big supporter of public lands, he and his brother actually diy hunt public lands. There are a few members on the forum that know Don Jr very well that probably know where he stands, maybe they’ll post up.

Jimbob

WKR
Cameron Hanes recently posted something on his Instagram about being invited to some government thing (sorry for my ignorance) and I thought it was connected with Trump Jr. I think Hanes is a good advocate for public lands and the little guy.

I think overall it is a great thing when someone like Trump Jr is busting his but in the sheep mountains like that. I guy that wants to hunt the vast back country has a good understanding of the importance of public lands. Its not like he is constantly doing cushy hunts on large private ranches.

dotman

WKR
Cam was invited to be on an interior dept board for guidance on international hunting, may see polar bear hides allowed back in the US shortly.

DJTJ or Hairston definitely aren't regular DIY public land hunters. I've heard all this talk about him bending the pres' ear about public land support but have yet to see any actions by this administration that would show that. The Utah delegation is running the show at DOI.

IdahoElk

WKR
I don't think anyone questions trump jrs support of hunting i think it is definately questionable of how much public land for all of us to use means to people in the financial situation that he and Hairston are in.

I'm not trying to argue with you guys but Jason and Don Jr. do not set the outfitter prices for hunters wanting to go on sheep hunts,why is it their fault if they are able to afford it?
Non residents can't hunt these Sheep without a guide,guided sheep hunts are very expensive,if you're a resident nothing is stopping you from going.I don't get what your post means?
Did you listen to the posted interview with Don Jr? I would say we are lucky to have him on our side rather than someone that doesn't have a clue/care for what we live for.

Broomd

WKR
Great post IE, sometimes we're our own worst enemy.
Many of us don't condone every tweet that gets thrown out there, but overall we as hunters, outdoorsmen and women, and gun owners have much to be thankful for in 2018!!
Kudos to the Trump sons, J. Hairston and C. Hanes for being good advocates of our passion!!

OP
NevadaZielmeister
Its not like he (Trump Jr.) is constantly doing cushy hunts on large private ranches.

This is a VERY good point. I would also push this idea a bit farther and state that the only reason Trump Jr. uses a guide and not DIY is because he is very busy and doesn't have the time to put in for a typical DIY endeavor. In fact, Trump Jr had to leave early from the hunt per the video editing. So I suspect he was made a priority and once he filled his tag, left to go back into the civilized world.

If Don Jr has his dad's ear why hasn't trump strongly recommended that Bishop cool his jets on public land transfer?

Jason and Don Jr are great hunting ambassadors, guys doing it the right way who are also well spoken and don't turn off those neutral to hunting by their actions or words.
But I haven't seen anything that shows the weight of their positions will help in public land issues. -I'm nowhere close to claiming to know everything about the issue so please educate me if there has been something I've missed.

Trial153

WKR
Well I will take what I can get, and having hunters in places of influence is better than some of the alternatives. I meet Trump briefly a couple times over the years and he was polite, friendly and personable. My grandfather did business with him several times and he ( Trump ) was always respectful and deferring to my grandfathers age and experience.