Donald Trump Jr and Jason Hairston Sheep Hunting

As I'm sure you read I said nothing about those two reducing access. As for casting hunting in a negative light, how about Hairston's Instgram kissing the dead sheep or DJTJ with the elephant tail. I don't particularly care if folks want to go to Africa and shoot pen-raised lions, not my bag but if it's legal and ethical, knock yourself out. What I am more concerned about is how non-hunters perceive hunters who are ethical and follow the law. Unfortunately people are going to try and relate backcountry elk hunting with African elephant hunting and we will be worse off. I'm not advocating the end of African hunting, perhaps a bit more humility and education from the folks who participate in all hunting to non-hunters (aka the folks who will decide the future of hunting).

541hunter, thanks for the links. Regarding the first one, most NM's already allow hunting/fishing so for some proclamation about the right to hunt/fish there is giving me something I already have. Didn't know about the Nevada wilderness, appreciate the info. As for the last one, while on it's face seems okay, I've grown cynical enough that anything with Rob Bishop involved smells funny. This administration is weakening so many "burdensome" environmental regulations, ignoring their own scientists and throwing a monkey wrench into other collaborative projects (Sage grouse anyone) that anything they offer seems to me to be more of a distraction while they open up our public lands to extraction above all other uses. Perhaps Montana's storied history of the extraction industry taking the gold and giving us the shaft has soured me on these folks doing the right thing.

So to circle back, good for DJTJ that he hunts and love it perhaps as much as I do. I just haven't seen much from this administration that he is influencing the pres on very many positive changes for wildlife, habitat and public lands. Need the first two to make the third worth a damn.

So you think your backcountry adventures are more pure, harder and a better representation then anyone else’s? That’s funny

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
I fully agree with HuntHarder and hflier. Well said.
Zia - Tell your son "well done."

Trial153

WKR
ok on to important things ....hot or sweet?
e1f2a63b2348194c2531b9458c9beb8d.jpg

Beendare

WKR
Nice to know that Don Jr is a sportsman....and a hard core one at that. Plus he is one heck of a good rifle shot.

Thanks go out to Jason Hairston for putting this together- smart move-and special thanks for showing us our presidents son is a good dude. Best wishes to Don and his family....he has my support.

I watched. I wasn’t sure if he hit with the first shot or not and that was a follow up.

Im not a fan of the first shot either, the ram is running almost directly away from him with no good angle on the vitals. Cant tell if he hits with the first shot I thought it might have missed? Either way I didnt like the running directly away shot.

dotman

WKR
Nice to know that Don Jr is a sportsman....and a hard core one at that. Plus he is one heck of a good rifle shot.

Thanks go out to Jason Hairston for putting this together- smart move-and special thanks for showing us our presidents son is a good dude. Best wishes to Don and his family....he has my support.

He shoots a bunch with Broz, not sure if Broz is his teacher or not though. In the below link he’s shooting rocks at 2420 yards.

Instagram

Instagram

Last edited:
once I shot a flying duck- dead
I remember hitting a deer running broadside at over 50 yards, with a 12 ga slug- dead

Every ones idea of what's ethical is at a different level, depending on experience, practice, and ability.
In the words of Aron Snyder, "some folks shouldn't ethically take a 20 yard shot with a bow".

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Really getting tired of all these public land posts especially in a sheep thread not even in our country. Yep, I know public lands are important I do 99% of my hunts on them. But bitching about who's doing what on this thread is not helping public lands one bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

elkduds

WKR
Really getting tired of all these public land posts especially in a sheep thread not even in our country. Yep, I know public lands are important I do 99% of my hunts on them. But bitching about who's doing what on this thread is not helping public lands one bit.

How about a dedicated space on Rokslide for discussion of public land issues? Hunters will always follow the topic. People could then participate or avoid the topic, because it could be kept out of other threads.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
How about a dedicated space on Rokslide for discussion of public land issues? Hunters will always follow the topic. People could then participate or avoid the topic, because it could be kept out of other threads.

That is a great idea and Robby and I have been talking about the best way for Rokslide to help in the fight. Don't misconstrue what I posted above, public lands should be on the minds of EVERY hunter. But once politics are brought into a thread its almost impossible to get any good information out of it.

I love women. But, I really want to kiss you now. I'll contain my initial emotion instead and simply say THANK YOU for saying that

whaack

WKR
This is the problem with politics in our country these days.

Republicans = pro hunting but are also pro public land transfer.

Dems = against hunting and public land transfer.

Be a good patriot, use discretion. Vote on issues, not along party lines.