Donald Trump Jr and Jason Hairston Sheep Hunting

So anyone that disagrees with your opinion is a puppet? Sounds like your hugging party lines pretty close luckily you aren't a puppet or that would be ironic.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You know, it is hard to stay civil with so many people trying to put words in your mouth. No, I did not say that nor, did I imply what you said. I simply pointed out that for many who post on these threads, politics are their defining stance on the subject. It gets old to constantly hear campaign lines concerning public land use.

This isn't a political topic. It didn't start that way nor, should it have turned that way. This was a thread about a hunt. That has since morphed into a thread about the responsible use and management of public lands for all entity's. Including HUNTERS. No politics needed to have a responsible and sensible take on this. Instead, like all threads concerning anything opposite of the party puppets affiliation, you get off the wall POLITICAL comments. WHY?

I'm sick of trying to talk hunting and getting campaign lines for responses. It never ends. Even when you express your feelings about this not being a political topic you get response from a wise cracker that is trying to turn this back into a political topic. Un-friggin'-believable. Some of you guys are simply too much.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You know, it is hard to stay civil with so many people trying to put words in your mouth. No, I did not say that nor, did I imply what you said. I simply pointed out that for many who post on these threads, politics are their defining stance on the subject. It gets old to constantly hear campaign lines concerning public land use.

This isn't a political topic. It didn't start that way nor, should it have turned that way. This was a thread about a hunt. That has since morphed into a thread about the responsible use and management of public lands for all entity's. Including HUNTERS. No politics needed to have a responsible and sensible take on this. Instead, like all threads concerning anything opposite of the party puppets affiliation, you get off the wall POLITICAL comments. WHY?

I'm sick of trying to talk hunting and getting campaign lines for responses. It never ends. Even when you express your feelings about this not being a political topic you get response from a wise cracker that is trying to turn this back into a political topic. Un-friggin'-believable. Some of you guys are simply too much.
I do agree that every thread doesn't need to spiral down this road every time.

You picked a side and added your opinion than chastised the opposing view for the exact same action. Simply pointing out the irony.

It was your bad. Never have I expressed my political preferences. Only stated the obvious. Show me that what I said isn't true concerning these type subjects on Rokslide in the last year and, you can take that snide smile with a win. Until then, it is what it is. And, that is all I said. Perception never changes reality.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel when these threads start to spiral into politics users start to choose sides and both sides try to push thier agendas. Certain users are sure to wiegh in and belittle the other view point. It gets trying and distracting from otherwise great content. If your doing this please stop.

All the other crap in this thread aside this is a very well made video. Looked like a amazing trip on the mountain.

ctsmith

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is eye opening. Unbelievable really. So much hate from the other side. Cant stand success.

dotman

WKR
If anyone is interested Avery Adventures has a podcast from Shot Show they did with Don Jr. Not sure when it’ll be available but it should be good.

OP
NevadaZielmeister
Meanwhile, here is Don Junior at SHOT show with some of my friends at Defiance Machines:

26993711_10208447075172968_547574090506004872_n.jpg

It was explained to me in the Facebook posts that he was super humble as being described as "just one of the guys."

More positives for this guy.

Diesel

WKR
Which is great! I'd much prefer Don Jr. And/or Jason. They both hunt passionately and are busuness men and understand all of our federal public land should not be locked up.
Rather some it should be used for mining, petroleum exploration, etc. And that there should be some public land for recreation. It's not an all or nothing issue with me. Theodore started all this progressive liberalism. He did do some great conservation things, but many disastrous things for the country like creating a very powerful, too powerful federal government. The founders were turning in their graves when he was in office. He sure did what he believed in and was very courageous and a good leader. He did what he thought was right, which is commendable. I just disagree with a lot of his political views, his relative Frank, and Woodrow Wilson. I'm obviously not a one issue voter. :cool:

Very well said and accurate.

JohnnyB

WKR
I listened to the podcast and enjoyed it. Sounds like Don Jr is like many on this site- obsessed with hunting. I am glad we have someone close to the President that is passionate about public land hunting. Whoever is in the Whitehouse in 3 or 7 years, I hope we have an ally close to the throne!

Exactly - lets take the OP post and be glad.
Even if they don't speak the otc dyi language- it's still a good thing.

Even if we never see Don Jr or Don SR on a sheep hunt, packing a Kifaru Crater, while wearing crispi boots, sleeping in a SO Cimmaron, a WM 10 degree bag and an Ex Ped pad, eating Mountain House out of a MSR Reactor, while drinking from a steripen cleaned Nalgene, it is still good news people......
Good News, Good Good news.
Seriously laughed out loud. Thanks!

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

Seriously laughed out loud. Thanks!

This world has mastered "dividing the people."

This website has managed to find ground where a few of the divided remnants can gather and find some sense of unity in back country type hunting.
But a few who have been so indoctrinated with a culture of division, who have allowed it to become a huge part of their social and mental fabric, cant help but bring those seeds of division even here.

I see it every where here in some form or another.
You put a post up, and here comes opinions that do nothing to add to the post or topic. Some people cant help but share their divided cultural mindset and probably don't even realize they are doing it. The ones who do realize it, are the ones who need to be policed by the rest of the members.

People today listen only to respond, rarely to simply hear.

This world has mastered "dividing the people."

This website has managed to find ground where a few of the divided remnants can gather and find some sense of unity in back country type hunting.
But a few who have been so indoctrinated with a culture of division, who have allowed it to become a huge part of their social and mental fabric, cant help but bring those seeds of division even here.

I see it every where here in some form or another.
You put a post up, and here comes opinions that do nothing to add to the post or topic. Some people cant help but share their divided cultural mindset and probably don't even realize they are doing it. The ones who do realize it, are the ones who need to be policed by the rest of the members.

People today listen only to respond, rarely to simply hear.
Well said. You chose the right brands of equipment, for sure.

Efw

FNG
Awesome vid don’t know how anyone but a blind partisan can see Don Jr’s hunting as anything but good.

Political tribalism has taken over every facet of life. It will prove the undoing of the USA.

Listening to understand and not just to throw out a snide one liner is rare.

I really greatly respect people who can transcend partisan bickering in favor of self sacrifice for the common good.

As Randy Newberg says, I’m a card carrying member of the party of hunters & anglers. Period.

bcimport

WKR
Politics or brands aside I enjoyed the video. As a BC resident it’s nice to see everyone working hard to find legal rams. We hunted hard this year and we’re on over 20 rams and none were legal, just how it goes sometimes.