Rokslide @ Shot Show????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan, Tanya and I had a good time catching up with a lot of great people at Range day yesterday. Randy Newberg provided some great laughs.

Then some Chinese food with our friends from Maven Optics for dinner. Great guys with a lot of laughs shared.

Day 1 of the show is today and we'll be busy!

5d118769fc87abd98fff64de22ca47dc.jpg

I'm going on my first mountain goat hunt this year and am planning to buy a lightweight rifle. I took my 10# .260 to Wyoming last year for muleys and it wasn't ideal. I don't plan to go custom this time. I'm just looking for a high quality stainless/synthetic factory rifle. Current front-runner is the Browning X-bolt Stainless Stalker in 30-06. I had it narrowed down to the Tikka T3X and the X-bolt until I went and handled both in-person. But I want to wait until after SHOT show before I buy one.

Let me know if any comparable rifles that get you excited are released at SHOT. New Brownings, anything from Tikka or Sako, Kimber, etc. That $800-$1500 price range.

I'll also need a scope. Looking hard at Leupold VX-5 3-15 and Sig Whiskey 5 3-15. Dialing would be minimal as this is a 500 yard and in hunting rifle.

Anything new? Thanks.

steveptr

FNG
Nikon just released a lot of really cool new stuff. Stepping into the tactical rifle scope stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
We are at The Shot Show now. We will be posting lots of updates and stories on Instagram. Be sure to click ‘follow’ on our Instagram profile to be notified when we go live or post a new update or story! The reception is sometimes spotty, so please be patient when asking questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Akicita

WKR
We are at The Shot Show now. We will be posting lots of updates and stories on Instagram. Be sure to click ‘follow’ on our Instagram profile to be notified when we go live or post a new update or story! The reception is sometimes spotty, so please be patient when asking questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If you get a chance stop by Steiner and say hello. . . Ask for JP

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

One of my problems with the top end X-bolts (Pro and Hells Canyon) has been mostly cosmetic. I'm not a fan of the burnt bronze cerakote. I just noticed Browning has a 2018 SHOT special, the X-bolt Pro Tungsten. I like the look of this gun but not sure it's worth a $1k premium over the stainless stalker. Does anyone know if the carbon fiber wrapped stocks of the X-bolt pros have the same feel as the dura-touch coating of their basic synthetic stocks?

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
Ryan,
From this angle the scope looks pretty short, like S&B Ultra short-ish. Is that just the angle or is it more compact like the S&B?

frankrb3

WKR
Not sure what pack companies will be there but I'd love to get a more in depth look at the new stuff from mystery ranch (especially the pop-up 28), stone glacier, exo mountain gear and kifaru. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.