Salomon X ALP MTN boots

matthewmt

WKR
Curious if anyone here has tried this boot or mid top versions, if so how much better or worse than the quest series. Seems like the little info I've found has been positive and they've had a couple versions in the "Forces" series as well which I would assume met the needs of professionals.
At any rate any additional info would be appreciated.

ETA, I'm able to get a substantial discount on some Salomon products. I already have xa pro mids, lows and quest 4d. Besides the usual choices I'm curious about some of Salomons other options like the X ALP's .

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Comfortable with more lateral support than quest and plenty of heel to toe flex yet. Narrow lower volume "technical" fit comparatively.

I have a pair of 10.5s new and a pair of 11s with about 3 miles on em I'd let go for $100.

OP
matthewmt

matthewmt

WKR
Comfortable with more lateral support than quest and plenty of heel to toe flex yet. Narrow lower volume "technical" fit comparatively.

I have a pair of 10.5s new and a pair of 11s with about 3 miles on em I'd let go for $100.
I read they have plates that flex forward but lock side to side seems like a interesting concept.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk