No water and no stove food

Mike7

WKR
When I added up my weights, anything less than 3-4 days doesn't save me any weight going with freeze dried food and a stove. As stated above, there are a lot of no-cook options, but even if you want warm freeze dried meals, you can do it without a stove by doing what some through-hikers do apparently.

The Crotch Pot - Gossamer Gear

Jimbob

WKR
A hot meal and and hot drink are just down right enjoyable. Not even backpack hunting and I still bring a small stove. Out for a day hunt for moose and lunch time with a cup of hot soup was my sons favourite part of the day (he was 9). I just find eating and drinking in the back country a very enjoyable experience.

There are endless food options for the back country hunter, you should be able to find something that works for you (hot or cold). Explore at home then just bring what you enjoy.

Owenst7

WKR
Forgot to mention parmesan crisps. Those things are insanely good. You can buy them at Costco in bulk, or make them in the oven yourself pretty easily. I think they're around 130 cal/ounce and pretty high in protein.

Beendare

WKR
OP, I feel your pain....Different strokes bro...

.........so where I need variety, my one huntin buddy can live on jerky and Redman for a week....my gut would be doing acrobatics. Personally, I look forward to a hot meal...and actually like Mtn house.

When I added up my weights, anything less than 3-4 days doesn't save me any weight going with freeze dried food and a stove. As stated above, there are a lot of no-cook options, but even if you want warm freeze dried meals, you can do it without a stove by doing what some through-hikers do apparently.

The Crotch Pot - Gossamer Gear

LMAO! I don’t know if that’s a gag or what but the video they have on their page is friggin hilarious!! Lol! Thanks for posting that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pemmican made with wild game meat or grass fed beef and beef tallow would do a pretty good job at providing calorie- and nutrient-dense meals with no stove required. I have not tried this so YMMV on the mountain but it’s not hard to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike7

WKR
Brushyhillguide...At first I thought it was a joke, but then realized that this is just the next logical step in the progression of extreme things that through-hikers do. I guess if you really want a warm meal and to save every ounce, then it is an option...as long as your not asking your buddy to cook your meals. Lol.