RIP Warren Miller....

Brendan

WKR
Any other Warren Miller fans out there? I grew up watching his ski videos on VHS, probably one of the godfathers of extreme sports and the industry that's out there today...

“If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do.”

“Don’t take life too seriously, because you can’t come out of it alive.”

Rest easy, Warren. Here's to hoping you're getting fresh turns in the afterlife...

Iconic Ski Director Warren Miller Dies | Outside Online

https://www.tetongravity.com/story/ski/warren-miller-ski-film-pioneer-has-passed-away

Top 10 Warren Miller Quotes | Unofficial Networks

Last edited:

skifunk2

FNG
I grew up in a ski family and we had family Warren Miller ski video nights. Only a few of my hardcore ski friends new of him, but those that did loved his stuff. I’ve recently starting showing my kids his newer videos with his son and Johnny Mosley doing the voice work.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn. Just saw this here on RS. One hell of a guy and his films were epic and an annual event for a group of us. Watched them all.....a bunch at the opera house in Seattle. Drinks beforehand, during and after.......one hell of a tuneup foe the ski season.
Rip Warren......I'm sure you are skiing.......

Randy

PNWGATOR

WKR
Not a skier or snowboarder, but I certainly appreciated his work and his perspective. Truly a pioneer and left a legacy of a life well lived.

bigmoose

WKR
He made some very inspiring ski films. The first ones I remember watching were at Dodge Ridge. My folks would take us kids skiing and we would sleep in our old station wagon out in the parking lot. At night before bed we would watch his latest movie in the lodge. This was in the late 50's. The guy became a legend. Yeah, I know, I'm older than dirt...LOL

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
Grew up going to the annual Warren Miller movie put on by the local ski area ski patrol as a fundraiser. Was sad when they stopped doing it. Still own several of his movies on VHS and DVD, but not the same as on the big screen. My best ski memory was the announcement at the intermission of one movie in college that there was over 20 inches of fresh snow and still falling. I bailed on class the next morning, and was the first one on the lift for a great morning of powder. RIP Warren.