the varying tolerance levels of wives. :) for fun only.

If your wife sends you on a hunt with a smile and a wave...that's gotta be a 2-point demerit for making you worry about what she's thinking.

Trial153

WKR
My wife doesn’t hunt, has no interest at all in it. She will eat anything I kill and prepare. She does respect and understand hunting in the conservation sense and a social personal sense. She has noticed and commented on that feels hunting is too money centric and in that sense it adds a negative light to it. She doesn’t give me any hassle about my extensive yearly bowhunts...all of which are out of state or county. However she isn’t shy about the extra level of stress and planning it causes her with the taking care of the children alone while I am way.

so i say like 5...but does she get extra points for being hot?

Last edited:

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My wife is a 7. She lets me go most of the time with little hassle. Only have one kid so far with one on the way in April so we will see how things will change for the better or worse 😆. She wants me to bring the two year old out hunting more but the cold and his inability to sit still or be quiet hinder that from hunting with him much. We did go this fall a few days and got a turkey with my bow which he loved but must have been blind and deaf turkey with how much he moved and said “shoot the turkey”. But she is mostly understanding about my obsession and gets mad when we don’t have more jerky for her to eat.

Family first. However, my wife knew what I was and accepted it when she said "I Do". So, when hunting season gets here, I go hunting. Everything non vital gets put behind that. She understands that and, my unwillingness to accept it any other way. With that said, she wants me to have fun. She's seen what it takes to keep me from hunting and that means someone close or myself, was literally laying near or, on their death bed. Or, something of severe consequence needs dealt with at home. She not only knows where I'm going to be on my time off, she wants me to be happy. And, would have it no other way. She's was a 2. She has moved to a 1 since she asked to go elk hunting with me this year. I hope that goes well. She's never bought me A Ruger Alaskan but, she's bought a half dozen other guns for me. She is smoking hot too. :D I am a blessed man for sure.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Mines a 9.5, she want to hear nothing about hunting and could careless if I ever did it again but she has accepted I’ll be gone throughout the year and I don’t have to fight for the time. She thinks I’m weird and the only guy in the world that goes into the mountains and out of cell phone range. All she asks of me is that I call when I can or use the inreach every few days and keep my life insurance very high and current.

I probably should give her a better rating as I didn’t have any issue going on an out of state hunt 4 weeks before our first child was born and 4 weeks after our second was born. I go on one or multiple out of state hunts a year and while I can hunt close to home instate I also tend to go to the complete opposite side, about 500 miles from home to hunt when hunting instate.

Early in our marriage she hassled me more about vacation time used for hunting but not so much now. Really I’m lucky, she doesn’t worry or freak out like some of my buddies wives do. If she doesn’t here from me every other day she isn’t calling S&R.

When I told her I was thinking about going to a BHA pint night, she just rolled her eyes, laughed at the name and made sure she had nothing going on.

Last edited:
My wife is a solid 1. We are both wildlife biologists and she has a masters degree. She loves archery elk, javelina and deer hunting and has killed a cow elk and 3 javelina. She loves fishing, especially in salt water for the larger species. She likes dove and duck hunting too. She does like her “me” time so when I go quail hunting or on a second weekend javelina hunt she is 100% ok with it. We’ve been married for 17 years, I’m retired but she has 3 more years to work so her hunt time is limited. I plan to keep her !

Sent from the Arizona desert

Beendare

WKR
When we got married, I had one request;

"When i say i'm going hunting...you say, have a nice trip"

...that was many years ago and so far so good!

young7.3

WKR
You realize that the odds trend in the other direction after eating the cake, right (from 2 towards 4 or 5, not 1)? :).

Haha. Not with this one. She's big into sourcing our own meat and fully enjoys hunting, both together and by herself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
M0d6qkQ.jpg

I don't have any issues, I've bought three bows on the last three weeks, one of them is probably going to end up being hers though

M0d6qkQ.jpg

I don't have any issues, I've bought three bows on the last three weeks, one of them is probably going to end up being hers though

Love It !!!

You need to get that pick adjusted for her though
:)
Or its pretty light and all riding on her hips

Shraggs

WKR
Told my wife about this thread - she said better think before you rate me! Ha.

She is a 4, zero interest in hunting or fishing but knows this is who I am and who she married. Understanding of 40 days away. Definitely harder when December hits and it's still going on, but she is a trooper. I get the sighs on the cost of stuff for sure.

I try to make it up to her, push her to her favorites stores to shop while I take the kids. Cut back my off-season fishing to half day on weekends and be sure that I'm tackling all the home improvements she wants.

oldgoat

WKR
M0d6qkQ.jpg

She has super high hip bones, which makes her basically have the torso length of a midget and she's 5'8", Frank or Aron I'm not sure which fitted her, we live only a couple minutes from Kifaru office.

She has super high hip bones, which makes her basically have the torso length of a midget and she's 5'8", Frank or Aron I'm not sure which fitted her, we live only a couple minutes from Kifaru office.

Well what do they know lol

Still think this is one of the coolest pics Ive seen in a long while. I started to show my wife this pic, but instantly heard her response in my head and rightfully declined to share it.

oldgoat

WKR
These are two of my favorite pictures of her, she hasn't gotten a big game animal yet and she refuses to go anymore modern than a stick bow, but if there arthritis doesn't shut her down first I think she's going to get it done! She's a pretty good shot, all she could see of that house was it's head and neck and she hit center center of that!
1BLUKE5.jpg

pnU5OL6.jpg

Jimbob

WKR
I think everyone's marriage dynamic is going to be very different so its hard to use someone else's scale. In my mind my wife is a number 1. She is super supportive but also keeps me in check, which is what a good wife should do.

When we were younger she had trouble understanding how I would go on a elk hunt in CO (I lived in Ontario) when we were saving for a house, made sense. We bought a house then I went to CO the following year.

Also she helped me choose my career. I wanted to have a career that had falls off so I could hunt. She wanted me to do what I love instead of let hunting decide my life. I became a teacher and I love everyday of work.

Last year she had the idea of moving our family west, of course I was on board. Together we chose an area and hunting was a factor just not the main one. We are in Northern BC.

As I was pondering what to hunt next year she says "How do you NOT go sheep hunting right away". Also she understands that the month of August here will be spent Sheep/goat/caribou hunting and salmon fishing. She loves the wild meat.

She also loves archery and has been hunting a few times. Number 1 in my book all day.

lkwoolsey

WKR
#1 Hands down, and I honestly can't figure out how I landed her haha. I hunt often (usually every other weekend during the season, if not more.) She bought me a .45-70 this year for Christmas, and a bow the year before.
She loves to hunt, and is usually the one grinding the meat and fat together when I bring home an animal. She jars it, knows how to process the different cuts, and has her own camo (doesn't have to borrow mine.)
She has more preference points than I do for bighorn sheep in CO and moose in WA.
If it weren't for our one son and another on the way (due in May, super stoked!!!) she'd be out with me for spring bear here in the next few months.
I got seriously lucky.
Definitely #1!

the varying tolerance levels of wives. 😊 for fun only.

Ok this reminds me of a funny story. My wife had absolutely zero exposure to hunting before me. She is a philly girl and the whole western world was completely foreign to her. First year after marriage and living here in California she comes home, I believe she was pregnant, to me carving up a carcass on the kitchen table..... that story gets told a lot.. she still is not used to that part of the hunt... but yah the first carcass on the table was a doozy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will bite on this one. I would have to or mine at a 2. Let's me hunt whenever I want for the most part as long as kids are good and honey do list is done. She doesn't hunt but enjoys eating anything I hunt, but She does fish hike anything w can do outside. She has no problem with our 4 and 6 year old daughters having bows and starting to go hunting with me. Doesn't complain when I walk in with big boxes, bows or guns as long as our bills are paid. And she only has 5 more years of work till she retires and we can leave Cuomo's New York land of NO and move to a more outdoor/Hunter friendly state.

tttoadman

WKR
Mines a 9.5, she want to hear nothing about hunting and could careless if I ever did it again but she has accepted I’ll be gone throughout the year and I don’t have to fight for the time. She thinks I’m weird and the only guy in the world that goes into the mountains and out of cell phone range. All she asks of me is that I call when I can or use the inreach every few days and keep my life insurance very high and current.

I probably should give her a better rating as I didn’t have any issue going on an out of state hunt 4 weeks before our first child was born and 4 weeks after our second was born. I go on one or multiple out of state hunts a year and while I can hunt close to home instate I also tend to go to the complete opposite side, about 500 miles from home to hunt when hunting instate.

Early in our marriage she hassled me more about vacation time used for hunting but not so much now. Really I’m lucky, she doesn’t worry or freak out like some of my buddies wives do. If she doesn’t here from me every other day she isn’t calling S&R.

When I told her I was thinking about going to a BHA pint night, she just rolled her eyes, laughed at the name and made sure she had nothing going on.
You have described my wife perfectly. I may have given her too high a rating. She says the insurance is paid and she only needs my head back to get paid. Have fun honey!! We really do enjoy the Inreach. I chat with her most nights, and sometimes during the day if I am bored even when not solo hunting. It is really important because I am gone on her birthday most years.