the varying tolerance levels of wives. :) for fun only.

I'm not really sure how to rate my wife on this scale. She doesn't really care at all about going hunting....maybe a hunt every couple of years. Having said that she is always encouraging me to go hunting, or to buy what I "need". She doesn't complain about the pricing of anything.....probably because she knows I won't go nuts and put us in a bad financial situation.
All in all, I guess she is a 2 or 3.

(this is hopefully a fun thread - but hey; it's a forum - total wildcard)

i have a GREAT wife. she puts up with my shenanigans often. BUT my good friend's wife..what a SAINT!! he is off on his THIRD weekend in a row hunting the mojave desert! i went the first time and had a blast..he has called me every wednesday since asking me to go back.

hahah..a mans gotta know the limits.. i think i could go next weekend, but my mom is visiting and that aint happening.

now on the flip side..another buddy. his wife is a total nutcracker. he was in the mojave with us that first time, but that is ONLY because that is what he asked for for his birthday. haha..he wanted time off!!! he sees the mojave once a year.

Single guys..whatever. start your own thread with your blissful and peaceful lives :)

i think if i had kids, all bets are off. start selling gear. :(

so married people. your spouse; scale of 1 to 10.

#1 being, my wife hunts more than i do!! and she just bought me a .44 magnum ruger Alaskan, because she bought a trip for two to AK moose hunt. safety first!!

#10 my wife hates hunting and i just saw my backpack for sale on Craigslist. my last hunt, she thought i was at a work conference!

my wife is a solid #3!

Rule #1. Before you get serious with any woman let her know you're a traditionalist. You wear the pants and will not be p*ssy whipped. In return she gets security, monogamy, honesty, unconditional love and control over the home (decorating, remodeling, etc). If you wanna go hunting, fishing, camping, a bachelor party, Vegas, pretty much anything...her permission is not required. That's the deal. it is not negotiable. In my experience most women find this refreshing and somewhat comforting and those that don't aren't wasting your time and ruining your life. Ya see...it's not up to anyone but you. Choose wisely. JMO but it works. There are plenty of women who love the idea of a traditional lifestyle. They want you to be head of the household and carry the financial burden so they can raise the kids and look after the homefront. When i asked my wife to marry me, she and my best man spent $7000. on strippers for my bachelor party and I was told enjoy my last night as a free man. She made the best man make sure I did too. I'm a lucky guy. I was 100% confident in my decision on my wedding day...25 yrs ago.

Last edited:

MtnOyster

WKR
Not sure the number my wife is at here but I will say this............Ive done just about anything I ever wanted to do and she was always good about not raising any hell over any of it, she wasn't crazy about me going on a solo elk hunt last year but she did fine with it, my wife doesn't hunt nothing except for a women's clothing store or a shopping mall, she is definitely a girly girl and loves animals, if she ever seen me put an animal down she'd prolly want to have a funeral for it even though there's a ton of mounts all over the house and the garage!!

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I would have to say my wife is a 5++ in the sporting life aspect. She does not want to go out into the field to hunt, but she enjoys eating what I can harvest. She only enjoys shooting 22cals, anything else has too much recoil for her. I am not $ rich by any means, but I can make a gun purchase without clearing it through her, likewise, she has probably as much money in her Victoria Secrets skivvies as I have in my safe, so we give each other a hard time on what we spend money on. She had no problem with me going out west to hunt, and now that her daughter lives in Colorado, we can make a nice trip out of it. I actually think I may have a chance at getting her out with me on a Moose hunt in the next few years.

Around a 5. Sort of a don't ask don't tell situation. She doesn't ask about what I spent on gear and she doesn't tell me what she spent on her latest quilting machine, sewing machine or other sewing gadgetry. I live where I hunt so no real issues getting time away. Even when we lived in the Denver area, I had no issues getting a "kitchen pass" to go hunt. She like the game I bring home and looks for different recipes to prepare. She's not into hunting, shooting but likes the cute boots and clothes....

IdahoElk

WKR
Rule #1. Before you get serious with any woman let her know you're a traditionalist. You wear the pants and will not be p*ssy whipped. In return she gets security, monogamy, honesty, unconditional love and control over the home (decorating, remodeling, etc). If you wanna go hunting, fishing, camping, a bachelor party, Vegas, pretty much anything...her permission is not required. That's the deal. it is not negotiable. In my experience most women find this refreshing and somewhat comforting and those that don't aren't wasting your time and ruining your life. Ya see...it's not up to anyone but you. Choose wisely. JMO but it works. There are plenty of women who love the idea of a traditional lifestyle. They want you to be head of the household and carry the financial burden so they can raise the kids and look after the homefront. When i asked my wife to marry me, she and my best man spent $7000. on strippers for my bachelor party and I was told enjoy my last night as a free man. She made the best man make sure I did too. I'm a lucky guy. I was 100% confident in my decision on my wedding day...25 yrs ago.

Congrats,you found a unicorn

OP
B

boom

WKR
great fun responses..

even the few "bros before H-ohs" ones :D

i didnt marry a subservient wife. dated a few ladies that was clearly that way..but that didnt rev me up. i wanted a woman that could stand on their own two feet. a fighter..hehe..a #5!