the varying tolerance levels of wives. :) for fun only.

boom

WKR
(this is hopefully a fun thread - but hey; it's a forum - total wildcard)

i have a GREAT wife. she puts up with my shenanigans often. BUT my good friend's wife..what a SAINT!! he is off on his THIRD weekend in a row hunting the mojave desert! i went the first time and had a blast..he has called me every wednesday since asking me to go back.

hahah..a mans gotta know the limits.. i think i could go next weekend, but my mom is visiting and that aint happening.

now on the flip side..another buddy. his wife is a total nutcracker. he was in the mojave with us that first time, but that is ONLY because that is what he asked for for his birthday. haha..he wanted time off!!! he sees the mojave once a year.

Single guys..whatever. start your own thread with your blissful and peaceful lives :)

i think if i had kids, all bets are off. start selling gear. :(

so married people. your spouse; scale of 1 to 10.

#1 being, my wife hunts more than i do!! and she just bought me a .44 magnum ruger Alaskan, because she bought a trip for two to AK moose hunt. safety first!!

#10 my wife hates hunting and i just saw my backpack for sale on Craigslist. my last hunt, she thought i was at a work conference!

my wife is a solid #3!

young7.3

WKR
My girlfriend is a #2, she hunts as well and I never have to ask if I can go hunting. If I did she wouldn't be my girlfriend. She'll be a #1 once she buys me a gun.:D

On a side note, if anyone says their wife is a 10....why is she your wife?

Dunndm

WKR
Mines about a 5... She shoots her bow with me at times but doesn't want to hunt reslly. Gets on my balls at times for hunting and not going on vacation with her alone. Could be worse could be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 without a doubt, i.e. she stayed home training our new bird dog puppy over the past 5 weeks while I went down to AZ and NV.......archery Coues deer hunting, glassing for desert sheep (not hunting) with an old buddy, visiting some relatives and friends, going to the Sheep Show in Reno and Grand Slam in Las Vegas.

TexanSam

Lil-Rokslider
My girlfriend is probably a good 3. She's starting to take an interest in hunting herself so that might change. I've also been warned that it can change for the worse once we make that transition from dating to married.

My good friend was dating a girl who was a 9. He wasn't even allowed to go crane hunting 10 miles from his apartment unless she came. And in which case she would complain non stop until their fight literally ruined our hunt. I feel bad saying this: but good riddance. I wouldn't wish girls like her on anyone.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

I would have to say that I out kicked my coverage in my marriage. Been married 3 years, together for about 7 years and she just understands it. But she draws a line sometimes, too. Which I think is good, otherwise, I would literally run myself and my wallet into the ground with hunting and camping and trips.

She likes to hunt when the weather is fair and I have a guaranteed "good" spot for her. Other than that, she gives me a kiss and sends me on my way. Perfect for me, I love her but I don't want her tagging along every time anyways. My condolences to those of you who are at both ends of the spectrum/ranking scale.

Biggest plus is that she eats and prefers all the wild game we take. I see other men who can only cook game meat when the wife isn't around or have to cook a special piece of chicken for her, No Thanks.

2peterhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I would say 1.5-2. She doesn't like it more then me but she is game to do anything or let me go anywhere!

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
#5 or 6 I'm in the same boat as Dunne, for the most part. I still manage to get 50-70 days in the field a year and have 3 kids under 5, but that isn't without a degree of bitching increasingly so after about day 45.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Rthur

Lil-Rokslider
#5 or 6 I'm in the same boat as Dunne, for the most part. I still manage to get 50-70 days in the field a year and have 3 kids under 5, but that isn't without a degree of bitching increasingly so after about day 45.

Live2hunt custom shelters

50-70 days afield, good God man you have a 1.
More power to ya.

R

gelton

WKR
I will be the first to say my wife is a #1 - cant figure out what she likes best - having the house to herself or venison steaks.

I dont get as many days in the field as I would like but that is due to my job not my wife.

Nuke Man

WKR
Yea I'd say about a 4. Wouldn't even want a 1 if I had to take her everytime. I can hunt whenever or wherever I want with very little if any pushback. She likes to come sit in the deer blind with me every niw and then and really enjoys tagging along spring turkey hunting. We have 4 kids, and she stays home with them. She has no desire to do a backcountry type hunt. I work with a guy that used to hunt, married a girl that was really into hunting. He now stays home with the kids and she heads out to the woods.
Between hunting and trapping I couldn't even count the time I get in the field, but it's alot. I know when I hit my limits, usually right about now (coyote hunting time) and I dial it back down a bit. It's all about balance fellas

Tod osier

WKR
My girlfriend is a #2, she hunts as well and I never have to ask if I can go hunting. If I did she wouldn't be my girlfriend. She'll be a #1 once she buys me a gun.:D

On a side note, if anyone says their wife is a 10....why is she your wife?

You realize that the odds trend in the other direction after eating the cake, right (from 2 towards 4 or 5, not 1)? :).

the varying tolerance levels of wives. 😊 for fun only.

My wife is what I guess is a 3 in this scale. She loves to backpack canoe raft etc, but doesn’t hunt at all or fish very much. I’ve been impossible to deal with my whole life when cooped up and spent my professional career outdoors and traveling a lot and that’s what we got used to. I pretty much do whatever I want now and always have within the confines of work. I’m fortunate that I got the bulk of my earning done young, and didn’t put off having kids- which means that at 40 years old I have very little to nothing holding me back- and a hunting partner in the shape of my 14 year old son with ever increasing interest, ability, and capability. My wife and I have what I have come to realize is pretty remarkable balance between enjoying each other’s company and staying out of each others way while remaining cohesive as parents etc. i claim credit only for being absent enough for them to come
Up for air cuz it’s a wild ride when I’m around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
This thread reminds me of the hot crazy matrix - [video=youtube;d5aVrYDSeWo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5aVrYDSeWo[/video]

OP
B

boom

WKR
to add: when i got married, i didnt have two nickels to rub together.

in the beginning, i got push-back from her to not hunt because of finances. now? since we have built up a savings, and everything is on track for retirement, i can (counter-intuitive when i was young) i get to hunt MORE!

last summer i had to tell her NOT to buy me a fishing kayak. i mean i heard the words coming out of my mouth, and barely recognized myself:) i had a wooden fence that needed to be replaced. who was that guy?! she used the jedi mind trick on me sometime in our early marriage.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
My "soon to be" wife is a 1 for sure. She loves to go and gets really pissed when she cant. I am lucky for sure.

KJH

WKR
Mines a 1. Absolutely perfect for me... in almost 20 years has never once pushed back on hunting, fishing, shooting trips. She encourages me to go hunting. I'm fortunate and I'm appreciative everyday.

She asks me questions like "when are you going to Alaska this fall?" rather than saying "are you going to Alaska this year?" or "Do we need to plan for any large trip expenses this year?". I feel like the luckiest guy alive.