Hilleberg knockoff on Amazon

cocky84

WKR
Was looking awhile back at tents on Amazon and found one that looks exactly like a hilleberg but way cheaper. I cannot remember the name and cant find it now. Anyone know wht im talking about? Are they any good at all?

dotman

WKR
Wow, that is so cheap I would think a slight breeze would tear it apart! If it did fail quick I don’t think I would be that mad knowing I paid $29 for it, lol.

I don't have any experience with this tent but for $30, I'm willing to bet that it doesn't even begin to compare to a Hilleberg (other than in the looks and wt. category).

3forks

WKR
If only that knockoff tent worked as well as those knockoff yeti tumblers and coolers Walmart sells...

I love me a good knockoff butif there's one thing I wouldn't mess around with it'd be my shelter in the Backcountry

Ramcam

Lil-Rokslider
Probably something you saw on Ali Express it is quite something to see so many western tent knockoffs on that site. i sometimes wonder how many tents are designed and manufactured offshore only to have a western company rebadge it and mark up the price.

tater

WKR
I think you are looking for the Wild Country Zephyros (the "yellow label" version of Terra Nova's Lazer Comp).

Dobermann

WKR
Personally, I'm not a fan of supporting known knock-offs (something about respecting the research, testing, thinking, hard work, and intellectual property rights of the creators), but to each their own ...

China is notorious for knocking off products, until the powerful international TM and Patent lawyers file.