Hemorrhoid flare ups

I know this is probably more personal than most people care to get on a forum, but I'm curious to see if anyone has similar problems or solutions.

I only have hemorrhoid flare ups when on multi-day backpacking trips. I've found that Body Glide is useful in many ways but particularly to reduce the pain/itching. Anyone have better solutions they're willing to share?

Proper washing daily with a drying soap is always key, using wipes helps too but if you get the runs in the backcountry, your nether region can quickly become ground burger. Carry Amodium in the field, those Mountain House meals combined with rigorous BP hunts can be challenging. I typed this while sitting on a Toto. LOL

boom

WKR
ironically, it's reading and typing while sitting on the can that is one of the major causes of 'roids.

i kinda go like my dog..just get down to business and i'm off. BTW, the Toto is the best toilets..i joke that mine could flush a hampster treading water and not clog. they are uncloggable.

boom

WKR
my friend, much to his chagrin got the nickname. the Red Rose of the Mojave.

he got the squirts bad..and his ass looked like a baboon's ass. he stopped to do his thing and was bending over, getting toilet paper..my other friend comes walking around the corner..he said it looked like a red rose!! it took a few second for his eyes and brain to register exactly what he was seeing.. what was seen, cannot ever be unseen. hahhaah..

i seriously laughed my butt off hearing the story told..and retold for years..i still laugh. but honestly, i dont know which one of those fools i felt sorry for more. hahah.

oh, tip. Neosporin with pain relief..that was all he had. he said it saved him. and it is a multitasker.

I was unfortunate enough to come down with a bad case right before a week long archery elk hunt in 2016. My doctor prescribed me separate pain killing and itch creams which were incredibly helpful. I'll post the brands when I get home from work.

ericF

WKR
Take 400 grams of Magnesium everyday. It should help keep you regular and keep things flowing better which means less flareups.

why not get them removed and be done with it. am guessing the surgery has improved over the years ,from my dad having them removed while serving overseas in WWII, the big one.....

why not get them removed and be done with it. am guessing the surgery has improved over the years ,from my dad having them removed while serving overseas in WWII, the big one.....

You first...come back and give us a post-op field report. LOL
Whatever you do...don't perform a Google image search of the term post-hemorrhoid surgery

2E7D87E000000578-3327352-Better_than_sunscreen_This_pooch_certainly_wasn_t_prepared_for_h-a-9_1448279363257.jpg

do not remove in the back country

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Btaylor

WKR
Mentholatum works better for me than prep h. Epsom salts in a bathtub of real hot water helps too but that won't help on the mountain.

GotDraw?

WKR
Clearly the problem is that your Misplaced_Badger has taken up residence in your nether regions.

Wish I had a real solution...

JL

You mentioned that this only takes place while in the field. So it’s probably based on diet. You might want to try carrying some fiber gummies with you and seeing if that helps.

I don't know everything, but I do know that our hunting camp consists of many things, and a guaranteed item on each of our lists is baby wipes. I have them in my pack for the on the fly emergencies, a small pack in a cargo pocket for the drive to/from, a small pack in my hunting pants pocket, a huge pack in my camp duffel, a huge pack for at camp, and then a backup huge pack. Multiply this times 3-5 guys, and it's pretty rare than anyone gets gorilla ass (that I'm aware of!). Usually about day 4-5, the giant shower wipes come out at night, followed by "look this way at your own risk".

After traveling Europe, I've frequently opined that we cannot call ourselves a first world country until we accept the fact that TP only doesn't do the job.

Jauwater

WKR
I feel comfortable to ask anything on here now. See I get this thing in the back country too.....Ahh screw it. It’s for another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Maybe I'm not up to speed on these things (thank goodness I guess), but what the heck does diet have to do with hemorrhoids? So I guess a better question might be........what causes them? You always hear about truck drivers that are sitting all the time getting them. Have no idea.

Maybe I'm not up to speed on these things (thank goodness I guess), but what the heck does diet have to do with hemorrhoids? So I guess a better question might be........what causes them? You always hear about truck drivers that are sitting all the time getting them. Have no idea.

If you get all stoved up and have to grunt and strain out a terd because of your diet, you can agitate a flair up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro