MeatEATER on Netflix is ruining me. (in a good way)

I wonder when / if he will put out a new season on the sportsman channel. They have hinted at a few episodes on the podcast but it has been long enough to make me think there is some kind of negotiation happening. Makes me wonder if he is going to go “Randy Newberg” and become an all digital distribution guy.

I emailed them and asked a few months ago. I was told they have all the filming done, and they are currently working on editing, but didn't have an idea of a release date yet.

Has anyone heard any rumors of when the next season will be be released? From what he says on his podcast it seems like he has a bunch of episodes ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I bought most of them on VHX before they offered the package. I rewatch some of my favorites every now and then when I am traveling. I will say that the iPad app for the player can be a bit whacky.

I did it, worth every penny

Question for both/either of you guys... Can you tell me how it works?

Do I download all the episodes to my computer? And then what? I can watch them on my computer any time?

Do I have an account on meateater's website and can log in and watch the episodes on anything (ipad, office computer, etc)?

MeatEater. On the vhx site.

Yeah. Like buying an iTunes or Amazon movie or show. You have to set up a vhx account. $165 for all episodes. $15 a season. $3 for a single episode.

Once you get the account set up you down load their app to your iPad or you can use a phone or computer. Then You have a library of the stuff you’ve bought. You can stream them, preferably over WiFi, just click play. Or you can download to you device or computer and play anytime. The files size for each episode is about 500 meg so if you had them all on an iPad for instance, it would take up a good chunk of memory. No commercials etc means each episode is about 22 mins. The player app is ok. A little less slick than iTunes or YouTube and mine has crashed a few times. I assume that meateater and other smallish content producers use the vhx app because the technical requirements are easier to meet and they get a better $$$ split than iTunes but maybe someone can confirm.

Yeah. Like buying an iTunes or Amazon movie or show. You have to set up a vhx account. $165 for all episodes. $15 a season. $3 for a single episode.

Once you get the account set up you down load their app to your iPad or you can use a phone or computer. Then You have a library of the stuff you’ve bought. You can stream them, preferably over WiFi, just click play. Or you can download to you device or computer and play anytime. The files size for each episode is about 500 meg so if you had them all on an iPad for instance, it would take up a good chunk of memory. No commercials etc means each episode is about 22 mins. The player app is ok. A little less slick than iTunes or YouTube and mine has crashed a few times. I assume that meateater and other smallish content producers use the vhx app because the technical requirements are easier to meet and they get a better $$$ split than iTunes but maybe someone can confirm.

Awesome thanks!

I work with a guy that absolutely has a huge man crush on Rinella. I have asked him probably a hundred times to small game hunt. To go fish. To do many of the things he finds so interesting about Rinella. Its in the same environment. We camp and make these things an adventure because that is the way we were raised. My dad and grand father took us camping and small game hunting float trips with fishing and small game mixed, etc...... He always said no Maybe he just doesn't like me as much as i like him. i don't know because he always said he couldn't. But, now he talks as if he is into that kind of thing as a way of life.

Anyways, Its what today's hunting is missing and I think Steve understands that as he was brought up the same way. I can sure relate to it and the way he does it. I personally believe Steve Rinella is doing more for the betterment of hunting then just about anyone based on his willingness to make it an adventure worthy of someone's time. Kids love it and, so would adults. What's causing the demise of hunting is the lack of adventure and anticipation that used to go with it. No camp trips, no cool things to go along with it. I admit, I don't do nearly as much as i used to because getting my my truck and driving to squirrel or grouse hunt for a couple hours is lack luster in comparison to going to my cabin or a camp ground and making a weekend out of it. Its or job to d this and involve the youth before these experiences are lost. God Bless men

I work with a guy that absolutely has a huge man crush on Rinella. I have asked him probably a hundred times to small game hunt. To go fish. To do many of the things he finds so interesting about Rinella. Its in the same environment. We camp and make these things an adventure because that is the way we were raised. My dad and grand father took us camping and small game hunting float trips with fishing and small game mixed, etc...... He always said no Maybe he just doesn't like me as much as i like him. i don't know because he always said he couldn't. But, now he talks as if he is into that kind of thing as a way of life.

Anyways, Its what today's hunting is missing and I think Steve understands that as he was brought up the same way. I can sure relate to it and the way he does it. I personally believe Steve Rinella is doing more for the betterment of hunting then just about anyone based on his willingness to make it an adventure worthy of someone's time. Kids love it and, so would adults. What's causing the demise of hunting is the lack of adventure and anticipation that used to go with it. No camp trips, no cool things to go along with it. I admit, I don't do nearly as much as i used to because getting my my truck and driving to squirrel or grouse hunt for a couple hours is lack luster in comparison to going to my cabin or a camp ground and making a weekend out of it. Its or job to d this and involve the youth before these experiences are lost. God Bless men
Agree 100% and i have a freind that is the exact same way. Gets kinda frustrating sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DougP

Lil-Rokslider

VHX also has an Apple TV app. Not sure if the other smart tv hubs like amazon, google, etc have apps, but you can check. You can get the Western Hunter seasons on VHX too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen a new episode on VHX for one a year. Have they been playing on Sportsman's Channel this whole time?