CO rifle elk, leftover 1st rifle cow or OTC 2nd bull
CO small game and grouse
CO pronghorn
CO waterfowl

Maybe SD pheasant

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Definite's:

Mountain lion in Alberta (this box has been checked! :) )
Desert Sheep in Mexico in March
Alberta Black Bears in May
Elk, deer, archery antelope in Montana

Maybe's:

Antelope and elk in Wyoming

Probably Not's:

Moose, sheep and goat in Montana (36 years years of applying for all three, 1 goat tag so far)
Sheep and Elk in New Mexico
Sheep or moose in Idaho

Good luck to all of you, some great hunts planned on this thread!

Last edited:

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
April:
-Having my 9 year old daughter take a grizzly from my bait stand. We had several close calls last year but couldn't seal the deal.
-I want to get my 7 year old daughter in the stand with me this year as well, she isn't quite ready to shoot but I want her to experience wild bears up close. It's such a neat thing to watch their face light up with a combination of wonder and terror, no zoo will ever come close.

May:
-PWS black bears and shrimp.

July:
-Salmon fishing.

Beginning of August:
-Sheep hunting, over the counter since I struck out on the draw.

End of August:
-Caribou hunting with my daughter again, she's been with me on several of these. It's her turn to pull the hook this year. We have five other caribou tags spread among the family that I'm sure I'll be helping pack on several.
-Likely do some solo moose hunting locally during archery season as well.

September:
-Moose continued but with a rifle.
-Copper River Buffalo again, same tag as last year where my brother in law harvested a nice bull. Hoping to rewind and replay that exact hunt again.

End of September / Early October:
-Archery brown bear, Eklutna Lake draw tag. I'll hit it hard when the leaves drop and the bears are still chasing the last of the berries. This will depend on volunteers to hold the gun, just in case. I have one volunteer so far.....Luke.

November:
-Hopefully I've arrowed a bear, otherwise I'll still be chasing them.

End of November:
-Get to know my wife and kids again, they seem like nice people, well the kids do anyways! :D

luke moffat

Super Moderator
April:
-Having my 9 year old daughter take a grizzly from my bait stand. We had several close calls last year but couldn't seal the deal.
-I want to get my 7 year old daughter in the stand with me this year as well, she isn't quite ready to shoot but I want her to experience wild bears up close. It's such a neat thing to watch their face light up with a combination of wonder and terror, no zoo will ever come close.

May:

July:
-Salmon fishing.

Beginning of August:

End of August:
-Caribou hunting with my daughter again, she's been with me on several of these. It's her turn to pull the hook this year. We have five other caribou tags spread among the family that I'm sure I'll be helping pack on several.

September:
-Copper River Buffalo again, same tag as last year where my brother in law harvested a nice bull. Hoping to rewind and replay that exact hunt again.

-Archery brown bear, Eklutna Lake draw tag. I'll hit it hard when the leaves drop and the bears are still chasing the last of the berries. This will depend on volunteers to hold the gun, just in case. I have one volunteer so far.....Luke.

November:

End of November:
-Get to know my wife and kids again, they seem like nice people, well the kids do anyways! :D

HAHA...not a bad schedule at all. :) I could live with that and yes def hoping I can catch a couple trips trying to help find a brown bear to chase.

Mine is kinda similar.

Feb-next week hope to help some folks fill their caribou tags

March-Same deal helping some friends fill some caribou tags.

April-Bro and Stid2677 both drew the same Kodiak Brown Bear tag Becca did in 2016 so looking forward to another packraft adventure on that and hopefully find some bears to shoot as well.

May- Family style black bear hunt via riverboat, and another bear hunt via backpack with Becca and Molly after that.

June-Grizzly bear hunt with ElkeaterCO and his wife as pack mules for Becca to shoot a grizzly bear :)

July-Hike Chilkoot trail with Molly hitchin' a ride the whole way. :)

August- Kodiak deer, and help folks fill caribou tags and dall sheep OTC

Setpember- Moose and Caribou and maybe find a grizzly for one of my hunting partners to shoot since I won't be shooting one due to drawing Kodiak brown bear for spring of 2019.

October: Help a buddy with a mountain goat tag, and maybe find a black bear to shoot on the same hunt. Oh and if schedule aligns hopefully film SLDMNT fill his brown bear tag.

After that it'll just be helping folks fill their caribou tags again.

Hunting has sure slowed down since our baby girl came along...while some of the style is different we are still trying our best to get out and embrace the challenge of bringing the little one along. ;)

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
April:

May:

July:
-Salmon fishing.

Beginning of August:

End of August:

September:

November:

End of November:
If you need more volunteers to hold the guns while you hunt and Luke films I'm down

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

March: Argentina for red stags and black buck

April-May: Turkey in WA

June/July: Halibut and salmon in AK

Aug: Alpine blacktail in Southeast AK, more salmon fishing

Sept: Alpine blacktail and bear in SE AK
WA High buck/bear

Oct: WY mule deer
CO Elk
SD Archery deer

Nov: MT mule deer
CT Whitetails

Dec: Upland birds in WA

Anything and everything else I can fit in as well, half the fun for me is deciding on and planning what hunts to go on. Way to many on the list!

deadwolf

WKR
These look like some great hunting schedules, everyone should update them as the seasons go along, I'd like to see how they play out!

For me, I have two little ones at home, 4 & 2, so my wants are quickly subdued by what and where I'm needed : )

But my 2018 hunting plan is as follows...

1. From now until May apply for hunts and likely only gather points in many Western states (this is all part of my master retirement plan)

2. I still have a Caribou tag that I NEED to find the time to fill by the end of March

3. Have a tentative black bear hunt with a couple buddies for the spring, and no grizzlies will be safe either if we see them.

5. My 21 y/o daughter drew a sweet Dall sheep tag so I'll be helping her with that in August. Her first time applying, and first big game hunt.

6. Will sneak away from the house and work sometime in Aug/Sept. and try to do an OTC sheep hunt of my own.

7. Headed to Eastern Montana again in November to chase Mule deer in one of my favorite places on the planet.

Best of luck to everyone!

April/May CO turkey

August/Sept CO Archery Elk and Pronghorn

Oct possibly a Wyoming Pronghorn doe

Nov CO 3rd Season Mule Deer

I want more and more sprinkled in there but being a newlywed it’s damn hard splitting vacation days with the wife and my hunting obsession!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topher89

WKR
All Colorado hunts.

Spring Turkey

Rifle Antelope and will probably pick up an extra late season doe tag
3rd rifle for Deer
4th either sex elk and a late season cow tag

Small game goals: I want to shoot a limit of white-tailed ptarmigan and get out more for pheasant.

I guess I will do the honors with the first update to this thread for 2018 hunts in the books! Me and my hunting partner just got home last night and each took a very old goat on Kodiak. There were 100 mph winds recorded in the city of Kodiak on Monday. We were packing meat. It sucked. Imagine Randy Johnson throwing dipping dots at your face from 3 feet away. Maybe I can figure out how to do this picture thing in the next couple of days, but I will put up a few photos on Instagram shortly if that's your flavor.

Hopefully I can tag along with a buddy on his farewell bison at the end of March, but it's now a long wait until spring bears! I hope everyone else is getting it done with their winter hunts!

TravKatQ

WKR
July- CA blacktail

August- CA high country hybrid blacktails

Oct- WY Elk/Deer

Nov- 3rd season CO Elk/Deer

Dec- AZ OTC archery deer

And hope I draw some dream tags in there as well

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
May Alberta Black Bear

November Alberta Whitetail

December / January S Texas Whitetail

Utah Turkey
South Dakota Archery Antelope

Hoping to draw
Utah Deer
Utah elk...or OTC
Both my boys for deer, as they both had elk last year, but still 🤞🏼for another elk tag?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
Jan - Free Range Aoudad (TX)

Feb - Free Range Mouflon (TX)

April - Spring Turkey (TX)

May - Spring Bear (MT) and hopefully Spring Turkey too

June - Free Range Axis (TX)

Sept - Dove (TX)

Sept - Archery Elk (TBD)

After September it all kind of becomes a blur a runs together. Ducks, pigs and deer through year end. Hoping to get in another Aoudad hunt in the Fall. And I really want to go after mule deer for the 1st time this year but trying to stay married at the same time...

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk