Utah at it again?

Trial153

WKR
Utards..... love the people I know from Utah but their politics are terrible.

Good luck with that boy's! Pass all those bills that you want and lets see how far you get with it. I believe that it was decided way back in 1865, at the end of the Civil War, that the Feds can not be taxed by the states on the federal lands that are in those states. That article is laughable at best.

This bill is just silly. A state cannot enact a bill that controls the federal government. In 1789 the Constitution gave the United States government the right to collect taxes, regulate interstate commerce, raise an army and adjudicate legal disputes between states. States within the union cannot take power that away from the Federal Government. The Constitution created a limited Federal Government. It is a limited government because it is limited only to the powers spelled out, or enumerated, in the Constitution. If a power is not spelled out in the Constitution the power remains with the States or individuals respectively. As such, as the Constitution granted this power, the states have no say over those powers.

Thank you for wasting everyone's time Utah.

I wonder, where exactly, these dumb ass politicians, expect the $$ to come from? Well let's see, states tax the federal gov. on the federal land within those states (Alaska alone would be in the billions upon billons of $), feds subsequently, up the federal income taxes of all working Americans to offset this new huge expense, money goes into state coffers to pay the salaries of more local politicians (because you know that's exactly where the $$ would go). PERFECT!! I started off this by saying "dumb ass politicians", when in actuality it's genius!

TJ

WKR
Let's see.
According to a BHA report in 2014 Utah received 37.9 million from the feds in lieu of taxes. The federal cost for fire suppression in 2012 was 58 million.

What a bunch of buffoon's.:confused:

wapitibob

WKR
Utah is the epicenter for transferring our National Forests and BLM land to the states. Connecting the dots from Utah to NY and Washington is pretty easy.

dotman

WKR
Haha, bet Utah changes its tune if the feds then say ok, but then no federal aid if we pay taxes.

I moved to Utah and it’s a beautiful state. Great skiing, mountain biking, ok on the OTC hunting. But in all seriousness politics and how overcrowded it’s getting im out in a couple years, BC bound!!

In my town the hunters are divided.
Some say yes let the State control its land. ( I think these are SFW supporters)
The others say , no keep in the hand of the Feds (RMEF supporters)

I believe I have the entities correct?

I have listened to arguments from both sides.
I have seen the BLM come in a mow down tons of wild life areas for ranchers to be able to graze, in return ruining elk/deer habitat, at least until it returns. The argument was it will allow better growth of food plots- I get that.

I have listened to Ty S on keeping the land in the hand of the man from DC, as it prevents the states from running out of $$ and selling it off to China etc.

Do I have my facts right or am I mixed up?

I really should've paid more attention to all this, but got pulled into other things and didn't follow along.
But I really want to get it right.
In the past I have supported both SFW and RMEF, but I really need to support properly the one I agree with- just trying to figure that out without all the spin and only using the facts.

TheTone

WKR
I'm willing to vote utah out of the union and let it function as its own country. Maybe that's where we should actually build the border wall.

Mfllood, keep working on the studying up on the public land issue. Lots more than just rmef on the side of keeping things federally managed with BHA and TRCP being a couple of the biggies. I can't see why any hunter would be an SFW fan unless they like watching a few rich people kill big things every year while they wait years for the scraps.

gbflyer

WKR
One would think that it is some form of political maneuvering for something else, no? Maybe trouble in their districts... need a boost at the polls? Doubtful either of these two gentlemen believe they stand a chance at a hearing. Unfair to say that "Utah" is at it again, I think.

I'm willing to vote utah out of the union and let it function as its own country. Maybe that's where we should actually build the border wall.

Mfllood, keep working on the studying up on the public land issue. Lots more than just rmef on the side of keeping things federally managed with BHA and TRCP being a couple of the biggies. I can't see why any hunter would be an SFW fan unless they like watching a few rich people kill big things every year while they wait years for the scraps.

I certainly will. And feel every hunter should be up to speed on this. I'm just behind the curve on the topic.
There is so much "spin" surrounding the different sides of the aisle.

A few prominent folks in this town were helped by the SFW in a huge way and are now flag bearers for the State controlled platforms. They were NOT given hunts either, just helped out on an issue where the Feds were involved.
It was centered around a collared wolf being shot, thinking it was a coyote.

The SFW comes here and does banquets and helps a needy family each year so they have won over the hearts of many.

I just sent my support $$ to RMEF, but have not to SFW since listening a small bit to Ty Stubblefields interview a while back on the subject.

"We both agree that Utah is deserved money by the federal government"

This statement concerns me... anytime I've felt I was deserved or owed something in life, I was dealt a healthy dose of humility.

Nothing good comes from pride.

Trial153

WKR
We can all learn a little bit myself included that thing aren’t as black and white as we make them out to be. Also we have to sometimes look at not only where someone stands but why they are standing there, it isn’t always as cut and dried as we make it out to be.

Billinsd

WKR
You guys that can't stand the very conservative politics in Utah should come and experience the very liberal politics in California. Maybe I could come to Utah and you could come to California? Please don't ruin Utah, like Colorado, or California. I want to retire soon and run away to a conservative state and escape liberal craziness. I'll take my chances on Utah selling ALL FEDERAL public land and enjoy all the rest that state has to offer me. :p

Billinsd

WKR
"We both agree that Utah is deserved money by the federal government"

This statement concerns me... anytime I've felt I was deserved or owed something in life, I was dealt a healthy dose of humility.

Nothing good comes from pride.
Feeling you deserved or are owed something isn't necessarily terrible. If it consumes you, yes, however, everyone feels this way from time to time about things. If your logic overcomes your emotions, then you are able to rationalize things.

Pride is not a terrible thing either, however, being Pride foolish or having too much pride is not a good thing. The opposite of pride is shame. I'll take being a tad wee bit on the pride side of the spectrum thank you very much. :cool: