New Colorado Licensing System

I saw a thread on the WI Bowsite forum about issues with the new licensing system. I went and checked it out and was having issues updating the account. I called parks and wildlife and it turn out that somehow I had 2 accounts on the system. They guy said that this was not uncommon and he sent an email to the IT guys to merge the 2 accounts.

You may want to check your account out before points are due.

I had no problem, but I had a buddy who spent 2-3 weeks going back and fourth with issues when he was trying to get setup to apply for Spring Turkey. Hopefully you don't have the same drawn out issues he had.

Mosby

WKR
I checked mine a few weeks ago. I had to call a couple of times to get my and my sons accounts straightened out. They had me living in Alaska and my drivers license number was tied to my sons account. One call to the service center was not helpful. The women basically told me to call back another day. The last women I dealt at the service center was great. She fixed everything and called me back to let me know when it was all straightened out. I checked my account again last week and my account information was good to go.

Yeah, they also require your CID number rather than just your drivers license in the past. So even in-staters may need to call and get things straightened out if you don't have that number. It is printed on old licenses though.

I had the issue. What I was told was; that if you ever used the site ReserveAmerica to reserve a state/national park campsite that this generated a CID # for you. Then when first purchasing a CO hunting license you got another CID #. They merged the 2 systems together; effing up everything. I called and they had mine fixed that day and said it was happening a lot

LandYacht

WKR
If your driver’s license expires be prepared to send in two proofs of residence when you renew. The guy I talked to said they are working on changing that requirement, but as of now it’s going to take a little more work than just updating the expiration on your account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago when I tried to check my points. Had to call them and straighten things out. All good now.

Of course I tried to convince them I had max points for every species.....

Issues also happen if you have used the same email for 2 different people. I had to change my email because I had used the same email when applying for tags for my wife and I. No biggie - just couldn't figure out why it kept rejecting the email address and a simple phone call identified the culprit. Each CID must have a unique email.