kifaru

They don't really talk about that much cause I think a lot of it goes to spec ops. I know they've done some custom jobs for carrying specific things as well as just designing packs. I'm pretty sure the AMR and a few other packs came out of collaborations with spec ops guys.

The AMR(Australian Mountain Ruck) was co-designed with some of the guys from the Australian Spec Ops. Listening to the Kifarucast today Aron said that they dont really do bulk orders for the military because of the ligistics behind it but the do colaborate with Spec Ops guys but they cant talk about it because of confidentiality so they really dont advertise it.

As far as what they supply to them. The military either choosen one from the line up or helps design a new one for their needs and the kifaru releases the same design to the public if its worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
I have a hard time believing what they make is classified in any way. Maybe they signed non-disclosure agreements, but the notion of backpacking equipment being protected by a security clearance...I’m not buying it. That would mean that every employee of theirs has at least a “secret” clearance, and those aren’t exactly given out.

I can also fully understand them not wanting to discuss what “high speed” gear they may make, for any number of reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a hard time believing what they make is classified in any way. Maybe they signed non-disclosure agreements, but the notion of backpacking equipment being protected by a security clearance...I’m not buying it. That would mean that every employee of theirs has at least a “secret” clearance, and those aren’t exactly given out.

No one said anything was classified. But it's good opsec (operational security) to practice need to know (NTK). There are also export control concerns in that at some point depending on what they are designing it could become export controlled and putting it on the internet where a foreign citizen could see it would land you in jail.

SWOHTR

WKR
No one said anything was classified. But it's good opsec (operational security) to practice need to know (NTK). There are also export control concerns in that at some point depending on what they are designing it could become export controlled and putting it on the internet where a foreign citizen could see it would land you in jail.

Completely agree and I'm no stranger to OPSEC and need to know. I really just wonder if they are sick of answering the question, "What do you guys make for the (insert branch)?" and "can't talk about it" has become the stock answer (understandably).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Call Aron’s cell and ask him. He’s pretty open with his number and haven’t seen him deny anybody a phone call. Save a lot of speculation.

To be fair I've been curious as well.

those 24 hour MRE kits kiwi's get are actually pretty good. Some captain guy gave me 2 big boxes of them up around hawkes bay. That canned cheese is real decent.

Truck camped many a time with a woobie. Good kit.