Clovercreekranch.net hunt outfitter warning

Harald

FNG
Just a heads up if you’re considering booking a hunt with Clovercreekranch.net, clovercreekranch.com, owner Shon Webb, [email protected], phone 360-606-5428. Save yourself the headache and don’t.

They double booked my confirmed hunt day which caused me to lose 2 days of elk hunting in Montana and now require another 10 hour roundtrip and hotel stay to go a month later for my rescheduled hunt. They refused to refund my money, so I accepted a counter offer of a token $200 to at least partially offset my extra costs. The promised $200 has still not been paid 2 months after my successful hunt despite numerous promises and dozens of calls/texts/emails from me, most of which were ignored. Buyer beware!

Trial153

WKR
Harold, I am sure it’s all stems from sincere desire to help others....i think you spamming every hunting board there is with this cut and past is a waste of time.
Why not go find an outfitter reviews section and post a review. And save us all the spam.

OP
H

Harald

FNG
Harold, I am sure it’s all stems from sincere desire to help others....i think you spamming every hunting board there is with this cut and past is a waste of time.
Why not go find an outfitter reviews section and post a review. And save us all the spam.
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm just getting the info out there so that maybe another fellow hunter won't have to deal with the headache I've had the past few months. I'm not selling anything - just providing a public service.

OP
H

Harald

FNG
The "hunt" was successful. I knew going into it that this was a high fence hunt for a Bison. I was ready to buy a grass fed cow to feed my family, but decided this would be more fun to be more involved with the harvest by getting a Bison.

In my defense, I've been a public land hunter for over 30 years and have never hired a guide. I hunt hard and have a pretty good success rate as a result of that.

BisonResize.jpg

The "hunt" was successful. I knew going into it that this was a high fence hunt for a Bison. I was ready to buy a grass fed cow to feed my family, but decided this would be more fun to be more involved with the harvest by getting a Bison.

In my defense, I've been a public land hunter for over 30 years and have never hired a guide. I hunt hard and have a pretty good success rate as a result of that.

View attachment 66737

What what did that 3 yr old cost ya? Keep in mind bison is a much redder meat than beef. Don't overcook it.

This is medium:

10247813_10203425967670966_5076683041063627629_n.jpg

This is rare:

10600459_10204497193250936_2768627490621606863_n.jpg

Gr8bawana

WKR
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm just getting the info out there so that maybe another fellow hunter won't have to deal with the headache I've had the past few months. I'm not selling anything - just providing a public service.

Not too many hunters go "hunting" in a zoo.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

Harald, Call it what you will but you've joined 3 forums I'm a part of and this is the only thing you've posted. I'm just going to leave the definition of spam right here....

"irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients."

I think Trial153 nailed it when he called it spamming. Sorry to hear you got double book and lost some days hunting in MT but what you are doing is by definition spamming...

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Oh and for you who love to eat it, here is the other definition of spam.. "a canned meat product made mainly from ham."

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
who really cares if he posts on 3 different forums about how an outfitter screwed him. Do not respond if you do not want to. What is it really hurting? If anything, someone might come forward with a similar story. If not, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Brendan

WKR
who really cares if he posts on 3 different forums about how an outfitter screwed him. Do not respond if you do not want to. What is it really hurting? If anything, someone might come forward with a similar story. If not, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Yeah, except someone who joins a whole bunch of different forums without ever having posted on any of them before to bash an "outfitter" with his only posts just seems like someone who's trying to hurt someone else's reputation, and not really a public service announcement. Hell, who knows, maybe there's a valid second side to the story...

Plus, posing with a Bison that you basically shot in the equivalent of a grocery store and representing it as "Hunting" is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way in a place like this.

Mike7

WKR
I agree with Huntharder. I don't see where Harald asked about wanting to discuss the various opinions and ethics surrounding hunting & farming?

Maybe the "progressive" hunting and forum police above, should just let the actual website moderators determine if Harald is "spamming" the website or participating in an activity which this website feels is not ethical in some fashion, in poor taste, or just simply irrelevant to the ideals which this website might choose to promote?

Assuming Harald is telling the truth, which no one here has claimed otherwise, and assuming others on this website might at some point want to harvest an animal in a similar fashion...well then, this would seem to be some valuable information that Harald passed on to us.

If I had a choice to buy a grass fed steer or a grass fed bison for the same price, I'd buy the bison. I'd even shoot it too. Bison is off the planet good. God Bless

V65Magna

FNG
Oh and for you who love to eat it, here is the other definition of spam.. "a canned meat product made mainly from ham."

I could never figure out why SPAM gets such a bad wrap? I rather like it myself with eggs over easy. I've also been known to opt for the SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, Bacon, eggs, sausage and SPAM at a local bed and breakfast.

Buy a cow from a butcher or harvest a bison yourself with maybe a bow and arrow you crafted yourself or maybe a bullet you cast and loaded. Sounds awesome to me. Good for you, i have no problem with having a role in putting a whole bison in the freezer, how is buying a side of beef different. Dying for a bison robe as well.
If one disagrees, dont click on the thread.