Wife says I can't use her scale anymore...

nrh6.7

WKR
What are you using? I'd like something that'll weigh up to around 10-12 pounds, with really good accuracy. Should I be looking at something that is battery powered or plug-in?

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

boom

WKR
I want the Feedback Sports bicycle scale. More than I want to spend. But it would be perfect to weigh gear. And my bike

Ebay is loaded with good digital postage scales that are extremely accurate and will handle upwards of 20 pounds. General cost is about $30. They run on ac power and typically have a remote (attached) control panel which is separate from the actual scale. Makes it nice for weighing bulky items which can overhang and block the view on some scale readouts.

boom

WKR
ok, i gotta ask: what's up with the wife?

you putting dirty things on a kitchen scale or what? at home i use our kitchen scale..at work, our postal scale.

if i told my wife i was gonna buy a $50 dollar scale to weight my stuff, she would say, "why cant you just use the kitchen one and save $50?" :D

jmez

WKR
I have a Cabelas brand digital platform meat scale. It goes up to 220lbs. It is small and light, only cost $70. I can weigh anything from a titanium pot to a full pack loaded for 10 days. Also use if for all my processing.

rayporter

WKR
i have a digital 50 lb fishing scale that I can hang packs and panniers on as well as a postal type that goes up to 25lb.

the fishing scale is handy.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
ok, i gotta ask: what's up with the wife?

you putting dirty things on a kitchen scale or what? at home i use our kitchen scale..at work, our postal scale.

if i told my wife i was gonna buy a $50 dollar scale to weight my stuff, she would say, "why cant you just use the kitchen one and save $50?" :D

Lol, I should've been more clear. What my wife really said was "you can still use my scale but please leave it in the kitchen," as I keep it back in my office, where it has resided for the last 12 months. I'm using that completely unreasonable request as the excuse to buy my own scale! : )

dotman

WKR
Lol, I should've been more clear. What my wife really said was "you can still use my scale but please leave it in the kitchen," as I keep it back in my office, where it has resided for the last 12 months. I'm using that completely unreasonable request as the excuse to buy my own scale! : )

Oh man did you ever miss the perfect opportunity for a Valentine’s Day gift! You keep the old she gets a gift 😂

boom

WKR

haha..roger!!

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Oh man did you ever miss the perfect opportunity for a Valentine’s Day gift! You keep the old she gets a gift 

You are totally right, and it didn't even cross my mind. However, I did take her to Del Frisco's last night for dinner so I'm okay. Best steak I've ever had!

Go to the luggage section or Walmart or the fishing section of any sporting goods store and pick up a digital scale. Very cheap and effective option.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Sage advise, Mr. Dill. Considering my wife absolutely loves to cook she probably wouldn't say much so long as the scale was meant to sit on the kitchen counter, and not the bathroom floor!

There was a time, quite a few years ago that we'd been talking a lot about security and keeping doors locked and such. We'd been the the range and talked about what-to-do's, and I thought it would be a nice gesture if I bought her a really nice flashlight for our anniversary.

Needless to say she didn't see the same value I did, and I've not yet heard the end of it...

boom

WKR
whatever..i bought my wife a shopVAC!! once a year, i still hear about it. her birthday.

and you know what? to this day, i use it constantly to clean up after..in her car, after her dog. the gift wasnt the vacumn..it was "Cinderella" that came with it. ME!