New house bill for Idaho

Ntgm37

Lil-Rokslider
I feel bad for you guys. What a bunch of sh!t. Hunting and enjoying the outdoors is becoming way too much of a hassle anymore. When our representatives bow down like this it blows my mind. I'm sure Wyoming won't be too far behind with all the pansies that move here from out of state and just can't fathom that we aren't like where they came from. At least a few on here fought it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
This law is ****ED. Even some of the people on this site are blinded by what it does to tons of access point. Even if you are in the right, now you will have to prove it. I know a particular place that I've hunted for years is going to be a shit show because the landowner is a dick and thinks he owns the whole damn mountain even after he's been proven wrong several times.

Trial153

WKR
The law makers that sold out on this need to be strung up. This is extreamly poorly writen. I think the money needs to be followed on this.

After initially skimming this bill (the original), I was excited to be able to finally have some real penalties for those few idiots that choose to constantly trespass on my land. After a lot of reading and thinking, along with a few phone calls to my attorney friend for interpretation, I have changed my mind completely on this peice of garbage legislation. D-Bag landowners will now be able to harass and wrongly charge innocent recreationalists with fake crimes, and permanently scar their criminal records. Even if the charge is dropped or reduced, it will still stay on the state repository for all to see. This is a case of Idaho politicians completely selling out to individuals and companies with money and supposed power, and absolutely ignoring the constituency that elected them. Sad is an understatement, criminal is closer to reality. Say goodbye to the days of public lands being open and accessible to the public, because our precious few access points and, in some cases federal easements, are now perilously close to being absorbed by big business and lost forever.

kicker338

WKR
After initially skimming this bill (the original), I was excited to be able to finally have some real penalties for those few idiots that choose to constantly trespass on my land. After a lot of reading and thinking, along with a few phone calls to my attorney friend for interpretation, I have changed my mind completely on this peice of garbage legislation. D-Bag landowners will now be able to harass and wrongly charge innocent recreationalists with fake crimes, and permanently scar their criminal records. Even if the charge is dropped or reduced, it will still stay on the state repository for all to see. This is a case of Idaho politicians completely selling out to individuals and companies with money and supposed power, and absolutely ignoring the constituency that elected them. Sad is an understatement, criminal is closer to reality. Say goodbye to the days of public lands being open and accessible to the public, because our precious few access points and, in some cases federal easements, are now perilously close to being absorbed by big business and lost forever.

Now you know why pretty much most if not all of law enforcement, came out against this bill.

TheTone

WKR
So what's the path forward and how do we repeal this legislation?

Vote those in favor of this bill out and truthfully cast votes for democrats. Part of the issue that I see in Idaho politics is that one party has such complete control that they have nothing to fear and do whatever they please knowing so many will vote for them based on nothing more than the party they belong to.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Vote those in favor of this bill out and truthfully cast votes for democrats. Part of the issue that I see in Idaho politics is that one party has such complete control that they have nothing to fear and do whatever they please knowing so many will vote for them based on nothing more than the party they belong to.
I'd be careful with that logic. There's enough Californians moving to Idaho to completely swing it the other way. They don't care anything about any kind of hunting. Careful what you wish for.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I am no expert on Idaho's statutes but there seems to be some grounds for Litigation. Has any organization filed suit yet?

There are a few Dems over the years that I have voted for, but precious few. I think another approach is to go to the primaries for the Governors race and vote against Brad Little (aka. Baby Butch), and vote against any incumbent you can. Seems the majority of our House and Senate voted for this bill, I will be voting against them all.

I'd be careful with that logic. There's enough Californians moving to Idaho to completely swing it the other way. They don't care anything about any kind of hunting. Careful what you wish for.

I'm sure all the left wing liberals that live in California are moving to the great conservative state of Idaho. That's a ridiculous statement. id say most of the people that move to Idaho from California are people trying to get away from all the liberal nonsense.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I am no expert on Idaho's statutes but there seems to be some grounds for Litigation. Has any organization filed suit yet?

This is probably the next step. A group could challenge as it a violation of the constitution. Tough path forward and I have heard of no group doing so. Litigation is costly and time consumption and not guarantee of a positive outcome. Likelihood nothing gets done in my opinion.

I heard a rumble that a “big corruption scandal” will break based on this, centered around the Wilks attorney that did not properly register as a lobbyist, but I’m not holding my breath.

This was a true party line vote, IMO. It is a shame that it comes down to that. I don’t vote on a single issue, but this the politicians that voted to pass this should face more scrutiny in the next election. I truly believe a slight shake up from an informed constituency is needed.

Hope we all don’t go dormant and take the time to stay informed and stay in touch with your representatives. Keep contacting your Senator/Representative and let them know your vote should not be taken for granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This law is ****ED. Even some of the people on this site are blinded by what it does to tons of access point. Even if you are in the right, now you will have to prove it.

Yep, incredible. And if you think your GPS with a chip is reliably accurate at showing you where a property line is, I urge you to think twice. If the data the companies were putting on those chips were accurate, they would be willing to state what the accuracy was. They don't, and won't, because they know you wouldn't buy it if you knew. It's a good reference, that's where it ends.

TheTone

WKR

My experience has been that many of the Californians moving to Idaho, especially the more rural parts, are extremely conservative. You are correct that they don't really care about hunting.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm sure all the left wing liberals that live in California are moving to the great conservative state of Idaho. That's a ridiculous statement. id say most of the people that move to Idaho from California are people trying to get away from all the liberal nonsense.
Well, I deal with a bunch of them on a weekly basis for work, especially in metro Boise area, and I'll tell you that your statement is ridiculous. For every conservative from Cali that I've met, I've ran into a half dozen liberal ones. Most of them moving for work with Micron. They could give two shits about the great hunting and fishing heritage of Idaho. They're more concerned with how much cheaper land and houses are, and hiking and bike trails close to Boise. From the outcome of this bill, I'd say they were 100% correct on how much more their money will buy them in Idaho.

sneaky

"DADDY"
It is also happening in Missoula and Bozeman in Montana. They've already started attacking hunting and trapping there as well. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

Billinsd

WKR
I've lived my entire life in the once great state of California. I'm sure some outdoorsy liberals will move from California to Idaho. Most Californians will move to get away from the crowds and taxes and for the outdoors. Liberals are the biggest hypocrites and some will move to get away from California, but want to recreate it where they end up. The majority of Californians that will move to Idaho will probably be very moderate on the left side. I for one don't want to move to another state or areas that my fellow Californians are moving to.

Billinsd

WKR
Well, I deal with a bunch of them on a weekly basis for work, especially in metro Boise area, and I'll tell you that your statement is ridiculous. For every conservative from Cali that I've met, I've ran into a half dozen liberal ones. Most of them moving for work with Micron. They could give two shits about the great hunting and fishing heritage of Idaho. They're more concerned with how much cheaper land and houses are, and hiking and bike trails close to Boise. From the outcome of this bill, I'd say they were 100% correct on how much more their money will buy them in Idaho.

I agree with you, except your grammar. Liberal Californians "could not" give two shits about Idaho hunting and fishing heritage. They probably dispise that heritage. That's why I don't want to move to an area that Californians are moving to.

Billinsd

WKR
It is also happening in Missoula and Bozeman in Montana. They've already started attacking hunting and trapping there as well. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

I don't see how it could get better, since the majority of people moving to these areas are liberal.