Javelin Bipod - Group buy for Roksliders..

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Maybe they saw how many people actually wanted in on the deal and they realized how much $$$ they were going to lose so they raised the price.

Sort of joking.....

dotman

WKR
Do we know for sure that the long version also jumped up in price. The standard was definitely at 255 and is now at 295 but I swear I remember seeing them both at 295 about a year or so ago - whenever Justin did his review.

I remember being surprised that the standard version was suddenly 40 bucks cheaper and almost ordered one. Then the group buy came along and I signed up for a long. I am still holding out hope that when the long comes back in stock it will be at the price I signed up for. After all, I can buy a tripod with 5 carbon leg sections, 3 legs, a hub and head for less than the standard javelin. (I realize that's not apples-Apple's, as the tripod market is much more broad but in terms of technical materials and construction and Mark up, it is interesting.)

I wonder if there was a glitch, I also thought I remember the price being the same.

OP
S
Hi guys.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you but I have been on holiday...

Anyway there was a pricing glitch earlier this year when we put a new stock management system in place. The price has always been $295 for both bipods and there was never a price difference. Subsequent to this the price was automatically reduced online to $255 by our stock management system which was incorrect. So those of you who jumped in at that price PLUS the 20% discount have got a bit of a bargain!

Now I don't want to alienate you guys as this is supposed to be a "cuddle a customer" promotion for our buddies so I am going to do the following...

I am going to increase the discount to 30% off so that you effectively get 20% off $255..... This will also translate to the Longs as well.

Anyone who has purchased a standard at $295 will get a partial refund for the difference.

Sorry about the confusion guys but it was a genuine mistake on our part and led to the deal being better than originally stated! On that basis anyone who is NOT on the thread up to the closure point and who has NOT had an email from me will have missed out I'm afraid.

Long bipods legs should be in stock this week and we will get the stock made up pronto so expect stock availability in 1-2 weeks.

I cannot extend this to 300's I'm afraid so anyone wishing to purchase a 300 at 20% off please email me direct at [email protected] with your Rokslide username and I will send you a code through.

Hope that meets with everyones approval.

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
Thanks Jim.

More of a technical question for you. What's the difference between the standard and the long - just the lower legs (or lower and upper)? If so, possible to order just the lowers to make a standard into a long if we wanted to in the future?

OP
S
On the longs the lower and upper legs are a different length.

You will imminently be able to order 20/30/40 and 50cm leg kits which will fit into either bipod though.

OP
S
Leg supplies are pretty much back to normal guys so supply should be better now.

I’ve just had one unfortunate chap who appears to have got a Javelin made with the duff batch of legs and hence has had two joint failures 😕

I can only reiterate if you have any problems then please contact me and I will sort it out.

In the meantime enjoy and I will keep you in the loop as to when the leg extension kits are in stock...

OLI62

FNG
Just finished ordering my Longs. Can't wait to run this bipod. Thanks Jim!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ordered the long myself but of course the builder mount was sold out guess that's is what it is. Would of really like to collect all pieces at one time though

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk