Better "stock" up boys

boom

WKR
I don’t even know what a bump stock is. Doesn’t sound useful in my life.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I have two ARs, a 5.56 set up for varmints, and a 6.8 SPC set up for deer hunting. I really only use 10 round mags and have no need for a bump stock. I know that many others will disagree, but if they were to ban 30+ round mags and bump stocks, that would only worry me in the slippery slope those decisions could lead to.

I don't want a country where we need armed guards everywhere, but I also don't want to give up my ARs, or the ability to carry concealed when I feel the need.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
I'd like to own a bumpstock one day, more just because the want not the need. But it'll be spendy to shoot when it fires a at the rate it does. I don't think they should be banned. Just harder for one to obtain.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
I own 2 safes full of firearms including a few "assault" rifles. I have no problem banning bump stocks. Common sense gun laws sound ok to me. There is the fear mongering part of my mind that says if we give an inch, they will take a mile. I am pretty confident that this administration will not head down that road, so a little more regulation is ok with me.

I don’t even know what a bump stock is. Doesn’t sound useful in my life.

They're for making noise and wasting money on ammo. Money would be better spent on some fireworks; same effect... Noise making: check. Wasting money in the process: check. Whatever you would've aimed at wouldn't have gotten any holes in it anyways, just whatever was around it. I mean the whole concept requires the whole gun to be moving; that doesn't tent to help accuracy. You'd be just as likely to hit it with some bottle rockets.

Get a binary trigger instead: more fun, more accurate, faster rate of fire(if you're looking to waste a ton of money on ammo)

Beendare

WKR
Who needs them? We as responsible gun owners can make a concession on that as what is the prupose of a bump stock.

of course this is all a knee jerk on the Florida shooting- Good, we need to address these shootings.

The Dems are using it as a fundraiser, "Ban Guns...donate to the Dems"

We will never have legitimate policy when people are too stupid to recognize that it isn't "One thing" that's the problem. ...and the politicians use it as a fundraiser for gawds sake.

We need to address mental health issues first and foremost.

We need to educate everyone as to the signs on this mental instability and report it....all of the signs are there in most if not all of these shootings. This includes the public...situational awareness

We need to train schools for the eventuality

We need to have a division of law enforcement and institutions that deals with the mentally unstable.

We need to make our schools safer whether it be guards, metal detectors, limited entry/multiple emergency exits- whatever it takes

We need to do more to make sure guns are not accessible to kids or mentally ill adults

i'm sure there are 10 more things we can do to severely limit the school shootings...it is NOT just "Ban guns" problem solved....silly Politicians

jmez

WKR
I don't have a problem with banning them. I don't have a problem with the law prohibiting the general sale of fully automatic arms. The bump stock is just a way around that.

Don't want them banned then classify them the same as an auto. Apply, buy and maintain the license to have them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I thought these bump stock things were weird and didn't know they even existed until Vegas. When i first got into the army we had fully auto m-16's and i could never hit a da*n thing after the first 2 shots or so. Same with the 50 cal? So I'm fine with getting rid of them

It's politics and it sucks. There is no meat to this. It's meant to appease. I have zero use for one but I have shot them and they are simply for fun. More importantly, it is a start for the real agenda. And, an inch will be a mile soon enough. No one really intent on getting this right seems to be in Washington. This is a great example of why this isn't a job for the federal government or, politics in general. No ban is going to fix this problem. If we Americans cannot agree to address this head on and fix it efficiently, we had better get ready for more of this stuff in the future. Arming our schools with trained professionals assigned to do nothing but PROTECT our youth and, stop easy access to our schools by multiple entrance to school property and, then we can see how seriously misguided banning any "weapons of war" truly is.

The only thing to stock up on is AOBC and RGR stock shares. Panic buying will lead to higher profits for the next few quarters.

Kid could have killed a lot more people with a shotgun and a bag full of buckshot, but I don’t want either of those banned either. While I agree that bump stocks are not needed, nor do I wish to own one, banning them will not prevent the next school shooting. Where there is a will there is a way.

And you cannot appease the anti-gun crowd, they simply move onto the next thing.