Better "stock" up boys

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
I find the most disturbing thing about all this is that your government loves to talk about this like they are paid to do.....but at the same time I get a huge sense of them saying "excellent, let the peasants kill themselves off" behind closed doors.

gbflyer

WKR
Wow Guys I am just flabbergasted...so much for the armed guard theory when the armed guard is a coward -

"He Never Went In": Officer On Duty Filmed "Doing Nothing" During Florida Shooting | Zero Hedge

Saw that too. Hard to say if he's a coward. The potential of being on the receiving end of gunfire is a test that no one really knows if they're going to pass until it happens, regardless of their training.

Most of us have never had to take that test.

It's a tragedy all around.

204guy

WKR
If that story is true he absolutely is a coward.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gelton

WKR
Zero hedge....now there is a credible source! HA

Care to refute the story?

mGNeyoc.png

You can't be a school resource officer without playing this scenario through your mind and knowing what your response will be. Your job is to move to the sound of gunfire, hunt the shooter down and stop the threat. There is no room for fear to play into this. I'm saying this as a 21 year law enforcement veteran.

OP
airlocksniffer
All of you folks who think arming school employees, primarily educators, would work to neutralize a shooter with likely much more firepower where in this case a trained SRO couldn't perform his duties?

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
No not really, its Zero Hedge. Part of the infowars, dig a hole in the ground and bury a sea-can cause the end of the world is coming news network.

All those news networks, online or on TV are there to give you an ulcer and discredit your fellow man, which it seems to be doing.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
All of you folks who think arming school employees, primarily educators, would work to neutralize a shooter with likely much more firepower where in this case a trained SRO couldn't perform his duties?

The SRO wasn't stuck in the room getting shot at. Had he been, I'd bet he'd have used it, just the same as anyone else.

BTW, I'm not saying 'arm the teachers' is the answer.

jmez

WKR
Gun manufacturers have immunity from lawsuits on the misuse of their products. They can't be sued over these types of events.

You are onto something with suing big pharma and the Dr's however. Until the the lawyers get a hold of them the facts and truth won't come out. That isn't going to happen for quite some time however. Right now they are busy working on the opiod crisis, there is going to be a class action coming on that front that will make the tobacco lawsuit look like pocket change.

bmart2622

WKR
Arming teachers is a bad idea. Im all for armed personnel, maybe law enforcement or ex-military but not teachers.

jmez

WKR
At the very least we shouldn't allow drug companies to market directly to consumers. How many parents with a fidgety kid went to the doctor and told them they should be on Ritalin after they saw a commercial/magazine inserts/etc?

Drug companies should not be allowed to market directly to physicians either. Nor should they be allowed to provide them with rewards programs and incentives to push their particular product.

sndmn11

WKR
Arming teachers is a bad idea. Im all for armed personnel, maybe law enforcement or ex-military but not teachers.

What if the teachers are ex-military, ex-law enforcement, or current either? I've run across many teachers who I would have no qualms about protecting my child or quick clearing a building with if they so chose.
This country is great largely because of the amount of choice each person has, I hate seeing regulation replacing choice for most anything.

HookUp

WKR

In the words of Wayne LaPierre "Only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun"

Didn't happen Wayne and a good guy with a gun was there. Now go crawl back into the pockets of the gun companies who own you.

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
I think we need a new thread to bash the “lefties” that think the pharma companies and doctors should work for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zbot

WKR

Several of the teachers at my wife's school are either ex mil/LE, guard, or are married to LE/mil. Either way, they shoot a lot more than your average street cop does.....are you saying they aren't capable of doing the right thing if need be and equipped to do so?

Whats the difference between a cop that has never been on the receiving end of a fire fight and a teacher under the same circumstances? Fear is fear and as stated above, you are more likely to engage if forced into it than running towards it (as we know is the case with this past shooting).

I am all for allowing teachers the choice to carry or not....I'm sure most won't but some will making a soft target a little less soft.

JWP58

WKR
In the words of Wayne LaPierre "Only a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun"

Didn't happen Wayne and a good guy with a gun was there. Now go crawl back into the pockets of the gun companies who own you.

Wayne didnt say a good coward with a gun. As a Police Officer i feel qualified to say this, that was a cowardice act and he should be terminated for it. I would be willing to bet his dept has policy that states as much. Ive been through multiple force v force active shooter trainings, his actions are the direct opposite of what he was trained to do. Sorry, thats the case.

rodney482

WKR
Obama sold more guns than any NRA campaign.