Gohunt questions

Jas1984

FNG
Until recently I was using diyhuntingmaps but the way they redid the site isn't working in my favor and I came across gohunt... is it worth the money?
I have been putting in for a wherever tag here in Colorado but now I'm actually starting to get serious with my researching this year on trying to figure out a good unit that fits me and my hunting party. I'm a resident so scouting and everything isn't a issue and I have been using other resources to help me make my decision this year but I keep getting caught up on a few subjects for each unit I look into. I have hunted around 8 diffent units in my life but I'm looking for a new unit this year after a dry spell the past 2 years. We also have 2 young new hunters with us this year so I want to make this a good experience for them and hopefully make them want to come with us for years to come.

Trial153

WKR
If your hunting only one to two states no it isn’t. You can find what you need without it. If you drawing in handful or more of States then it will save you enough time to be worth it. Only you know what your time is worth.

OP
J

Jas1984

FNG
Thank you for the info, I live in Colorado and plan to hunt Colorado only as of right now.

Colorado posts all of their statistics for the public, so in my eyes GoHunt would not be worth it just for that state. It could save you some time and filtering through units if you’re concerned about that. I personally preferred doing it myself for Colorado using Excel over what GoHunt offered. You can filter through stats that GoHunt doesn’t offer and average it out over how ever many years you want etc.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jas1984

FNG
Thank you everyone, I wasn't looking forward to dropping the coin... I have been all over our DOW site,parks site and forums doing as much research as I can to figure out a unit that we all like, my hunting partners kids are going to be center of this trip since the have finally talked his wife into letting them go.

COOTER

FNG
I just subscribed this year and at this time I am only using for Wyoming mule deer and antelope. I think has been a great time saver. the filtering feature is pretty slick, could use some more options for filtering however. All in all, it has been worth it for me.

Time is money. In my experience, gohunt greatly streamlines research and presents it in an easy to understand and usable way. Will reduce your research time, which in my opinion is well worth the money.

Conroy

WKR
I subscribed as well. Originally I was looking at a hunt in one state and using it to narrow down the unit. After messing around with it, I ended up planning a different hunt in a different state. There’s a lot of information on there that is really easy to use. I like that I don’t have to go to every state’s website, it’s all in one place. Not to mention that they give you $50 to spend in their gear shop and enter you in members only drawings. I won a prize valued at $85 myself.

530Chukar

WKR
I've ended up using it a lot. Check their website. Not long ago they were offering a 30 day free trial. You may be able to get your information that way.

Mi_fiveo

WKR
I think it’s worth it. $150 for the year and $50 of credit in their store. I immediately ordered a tyto knife for $55 which I was wanting to buy anyway. So for the $100 I spent i find it to be a good research tool and their monthly giveaways are pretty awesome. Sure I won’t win one of them but I have a chance each month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk