Website with western states hunting info?

Hey guys-

Not sure if this is the right section to put this question in, but I don't really know where else it would go.

I haven't done any western hunting yet, but its on my radar for the (near) future. I was talking to a friend yesterday that does some western hunting, and he was telling me I should really start accumulating some preference points so that when I decide I want to go in a few years, I have some points saved up...sounds like a good idea to me.

Anyways, my question is: Is there a website or something out there that shows the different states, species, how much points cost, when the application periods are, etc?

I know about gohunt.com, but I see their membership is $149/year and it seems like a lot more info than I'm looking for at this point, so I was hoping for something that didn't cost $150 (although gohunt looks like it would be pretty awesome when I start looking for hunts!).

Thanks

Wapiti1

WKR
Toprut has about 80% of what GoHunt does. Huntin' Fool has a guide to the draw that you can download without membership. It lists the dates and fees. Look for it under Applications 2018 License Application Guide PDF.

Lastly, subscribe to Eastman's. That should get you started and cost $25-$30 total to get all the info you need.

GoHunt is pretty good, though. I am a member.

Jeremy

Eastman’s magazine would be a cost effective way to start. I’ve been getting their subscription for about 2 years now before deciding that gohunt has more what I’m looking for. They have a book you can purchase also that has a state by state breakdown. I don’t know the cost off the top of my head but i believe it’s reasonably priced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

work765

WKR
Toprut has about 80% of what GoHunt does. Huntin' Fool has a guide to the draw that you can download without membership. It lists the dates and fees. Look for it under Applications 2018 License Application Guide PDF.

Lastly, subscribe to Eastman's. That should get you started and cost $25-$30 total to get all the info you need.

GoHunt is pretty good, though. I am a member.

Jeremy

Thanks!