Feral Horse Tags

OP
P

Poser

WKR
So is this for natives only? I need to find more info. The thing about being accompanied by a tribal warden seems lame. If it was a real hunt I think it would be a fun way to get a ton of meat. If its just a matter of driving around in a truck and shooting one Im not really into it. I would like to see a state be able to offer tags too.

Non-Navajo is $10.
I’m guessing that you are driving around -they want these horses gone.

Non-Navajo is $10.
I’m guessing that you are driving around -they want these horses gone.

I would guess that as well. It's not a sport-hunting endeavor so much as a nuisance wildlife elimination/reduction effort.

dtrkyman

WKR
The Elk hunt was in unit 51, Placitas area is loaded with them but that is not where I was hunting, that is close to ABQ. A friend lives there and there all over the roads driving to his place, pretty dangerous at night actually.

I worked out there quite a bit and the wife is in school in ABQ now so I have spent a bunch of time in NM. the past 6 years or so.

boom

WKR
grip and grins?!!

that the post hunt photo?

i vaguely remember a dude posting a Brumby pic..arrow kill. it was Australia, and a brumby is a horse. hahah..what a !@#!$#@show! and it was a legal hunt.

i would kill a horse if i was given the opportunity. it will be the first meal i order if i ever visit France.

grip and grin..i admittedly grimace (but i'm cool with it) when someone post up a feral cat or dog pic. there is one cat pic on this forum that looks just like my very own cat. haha..

oh, i ate cat in Mexico. it was delicious, but i ended up getting some liver infection. i still remember the doctor mumbling to himself, "hmm..you only get this infection from eating cat..."

i was, "what? that was CAT??!!!"

Seth1913

Lil-Rokslider
The Elk hunt was in unit 51, Placitas area is loaded with them but that is not where I was hunting, that is close to ABQ. A friend lives there and there all over the roads driving to his place, pretty dangerous at night actually.

I worked out there quite a bit and the wife is in school in ABQ now so I have spent a bunch of time in NM. the past 6 years or so.

That’s interesting, never heard of them over there. They definitely can do some damage.

The hunt is no longer available. I went to the website and the link is crossed out and it is says Rescinded by the Navajo Nation of Natural Resources. Too much backlash already??

Open up the horse slaughter plants back up and let the issue fix its self.

If I was Navajo Nation I’d open my own up. Double payment system, once for the horse meat and then again for trespassing fines for protesters

RoJo

WKR
Feral horse and burros are a huge problem in some areas in Arizona. The Ironwood Forest National Monument is getting hammered by cattle and horses escaping through holes in the fence along the Tohono reservation boundary. There are horse tracks and crap everywhere, and I have seen horses the last two times I was out there. I think issuing tags for them would be a great idea.

Kilboars

WKR
Seems like it could really back fire though. Understand trying to help with the over population issue but imagine when the leftwing media gets wind of it and spin it as just heartless blood thirty hunters killing Mr. Ed?

In Australia I understand they hire sniper to hunt at night for kangaroos so their liberals can pretend it doesn't happen.

SWOHTR

WKR
Just don't hire a horse packer to get your meat out.

I wonder if feral horses would view packing horses as Judas horses...