"THE NRA IS KILLING OUR KIDS" and other crazy comments out there

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I support the second amendment. I also doubt the usefulness of an AR chambered in 5.56 to stand up to a tyrannical government that spends 700 Billion per year on military.
Guess your unfamiliar with Afghanistan or Iraq pretty impressive what a bunch of will power and a little bit of fire power can do.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nuke Man

WKR
Realunlucky I just about choked on my coffee. That's spot on brother. But to answer the question, I have no doubt who's side the military would be on. It definitely isn't going to be the confiscation crowds.....

JWP58

WKR
I support the second amendment. I also doubt the usefulness of an AR chambered in 5.56 to stand up to a tyrannical government that spends 700 Billion per year on military.

I don’t buy that we’ll eventually give up all guns. You have more “freedoms” now than 20 years ago.

Ya the private citizen Shutherland Texas probably thought an AR was silly too....until he needed it. Fact is sometimes more than one person (or one very prepared sicko) want to do evil. Some would like to have superior firepower. If you dont fine.

Speaking of twenty years ago, tha Clinton assault weapons ban stopped all murders and school shootings......oh whoops.....nope sure didnt.

Billinsd

WKR
What were the Koreans using on top of their roofs in LA in the 92 riots to protect their businesses? What did the police do for Regenald Denny, when he was dragged out of his truck and beaten to an inch of his life? Paraphrasing from Ben Franklin, those who would give up liberty for security deserve neither.

chuck.u.farley

Lil-Rokslider

I don’t buy that we’ll eventually give up all guns. You have more “freedoms” now than 20 years ago.

In case the intent isn't clear... Here is an excerpt from the Democrat-crafted House bill:

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

How many semi-auto pistols do you have that don't take a detachable magazine? See anything in that paragraph about "assault rifles"? Is a ban on basically everything semi-auto ok with you?

geriggs

WKR
Couldnt agree more.

One clear problem that a lot of folks don't think about or realize is a problem is this: As a retired LEO (33 yrs on 4/27/2017) part of this problem is not enforcing existing gun laws. I speak for myself but I suspect there are other out there who will say the same thing. I have had a few cases where we had a convicted felon (Federal Offense) on other offenses in possession or using this firearm in the commission of a crime and would want out ATF/Fed guy to file charges on the possession of this weapon. Heard it more than once that "You folks have quite a few charges on this person and have them pretty good. Don't see the need to stack on more." What the hell is the law for then if we aren't going to use it and why not stack more charges on this person so we the public don't have to be on the receiving end of their evilness for as long as possible.

geriggs

WKR
They cant drink legally either. So im not sure about that argument but i hear what you are saying.

Im sorry Ill never think its ok to transfer a firearm to anyone without a background check. EVER. Thats just me.

You and i are in total agreement. I do believe drugs and mental health need to be addressed on a huge scale.

So someone can join the military and fight four this country, but not buy their own firearm? Also, you don't need a bump stock to bump fire a semi auto rifle.

On the issue of background checks for private sales, the vast majority of guns that were used, were purchased through a dealer.

How about they talk about the role mind altering prescription medications played in many of these shootings. Policitians wont discuss this, because big pharmaceutical companies donate a whole lot more to them than the NRA. Heck, the NRA doesn't even make the top 50 for political spending.

geriggs

WKR
The more the NRA is looked at unfavorably by the masses and the young adults....the less NRA members we will have in the future and the more chances we have of getting all the leftists back in power.....then we may wish we gave a little more. Thats one of my fears. We are not fighting a fair fight with the media. Just one goodwill move supported by the NRA (bump stocks, background checks....whatever) COULD go a long way in the PR war and take some heat off. Make no mistake....these shootings will continue and semi auto long guns will play a part and it will become harder and harder to win this fight. Its just depressing seeing how polarized all of us are.....the "Its all or nothing" mentality with everything from guns to abortion to public land to the welfare state just gets old on both sides. Im afraid it will lead to the end of the greatest country on earth.

Last edited:

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
I am a strong 2nd amendment supporter, NRA member, and a gun owner.
What I don't understand is the attitude of criticizing everyone that wants to change this culture that keeps producing mass shooters. Do we not all want this to stop? Don't we all wish these shooters couldn't get their hands on these guns? What if there was a way to keep your guns but keep them out of the hands of psychopaths? Personally, I wish the Vegas shooter didn't have bump stocks. I wish the Florida shooter only had a single gauge shotgun. This shouldn't' mean I don't support the Constitution.
Just because we want to see a change does not mean we are giving in to the liberal idea of taking guns away. We are the responsible gun owners. We/the NRA should be the first to stand up and be the first to the conversation. It has almost got to the point that we hate liberal ideology so much and we are so unwilling to have conversation, that it looks like we support the shooters. Obviously the media is painting that picture, but if the NRA would be more vocal it would go a long way.

Gr8bawana

WKR
3LmsZGy.jpg

cochran53

FNG
In case the intent isn't clear... Here is an excerpt from the Democrat-crafted House bill:

The bill prohibits the “sale, transfer, production, and importation” of semi-automatic rifles and pistols that can hold a detachable magazine, as well as semi-automatic rifles with a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds. Additionally, the legislation bans the sale, transfer, production, and importation of semi-automatic shotguns with features such as a pistol grip or detachable stock, and ammunition feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds.

How many semi-auto pistols do you have that don't take a detachable magazine? See anything in that paragraph about "assault rifles"? Is a ban on basically everything semi-auto ok with you?

This bill is one of those, "look we tried to pass real gun reform, but the other side won't work with us." It's definitely a bill that they know would never pass. I would venture to guess that many of the individuals who sign off on it now, would not vote in favor of it if they thought it would actually pass. Additionally, I would guess that the current SCOTUS would rule this as unconstitutional. Different SCOTUS, maybe different results.

JWP58

WKR
I also wonder, for all those deranged lefties out there that hold the great supreme leader Obama as Lord almighty, why oh why didnt he save us from these evil black guns and high capacity magazines when he could? He has the blood of these kids on his hands....

chuck.u.farley

Lil-Rokslider
This bill is one of those, "look we tried to pass real gun reform, but the other side won't work with us." It's definitely a bill that they know would never pass. I would venture to guess that many of the individuals who sign off on it now, would not vote in favor of it if they thought it would actually pass. Additionally, I would guess that the current SCOTUS would rule this as unconstitutional. Different SCOTUS, maybe different results.

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that we should dismiss this because it won't pass right now? 156 of 193 house democrats voted yes on this. They can't walk that vote back. This is a pretty good barometer for where they think their base is on the issue. Doesn't matter if it will pass right now. They just told you what they want in writing. What happens if the dems get control of congress? This is their compromise. Nothing short of a ban will appease them.

cochran53

FNG
I don't understand your point. Are you saying that we should dismiss this because it won't pass right now? 156 of 193 house democrats voted yes on this. They can't walk that vote back. This is a pretty good barometer for where they think their base is on the issue. Doesn't matter if it will pass right now. They just told you what they want in writing. What happens if the dems get control of congress? This is their compromise. Nothing short of a ban will appease them.

My point is that it is political theater. The likelihood of that bill passing even with a Dem majority is very, very unlikely.

That's my takeaway too.

Rule#1 in politics. Listen to what I say and blatantly ignore what I actually do!

Despite all of the rhetoric I'm fully confident Congress will do what they do best, absolutely nothing, while getting their base all riled up.

Kilboars

WKR
Now that they have addressed the right to bear arms issue to death how about move on to the more important issue of the state of mind of this kid and kids in general?
The crimes being committed by kids today and their suicides rate is off the charts. How about looking at the amount of violence being pushed down these kids throats everyday by the music, movie and video games industries? When do the Big wigs in these industries get put in the spot light and ask how they have contributed to kids mental states?

JWP58

WKR
Now that they have addressed the right to bear arms issue to death how about move on to the more important issue of the state of mind of this kid and kids in general?
The crimes being committed by kids today and their suicides rate is off the charts. How about looking at the amount of violence being pushed down these kids throats everyday by the music, movie and video games industries? When do the Big wigs in these industries get put in the spot light and ask how they have contributed to kids mental states?

How about also looking to the parents....or lack there of.....

Between absetee fathers, children born out of wedlock, the rampant divorce rate, and living in social media 24/7, its no wonder a ton of kids are screwed up.

But its probably just Trump's fault, or an inanimate object's fault....

Never have been a member and never would be as long as dipshits like LaPierre and Loesche are representing the organization. The amount of inflammatory fear mongering they spew is turning off reasonable people. They fight for the 2A at it's peril.