Experience with LEO Adventures, Sitka specifically?

jbw899

Lil-Rokslider
I just discovered LEO Adventures, a company that provides discounts to gov't employees through partnerships with retailers, including Sitka, Outdoor Research and many other outdoor companies. A membership costs $25/year. Just curious if anyone has experience with them, particularly buying Sitka gear. My understanding is that Sitka gear is X% off. Do they charge shipping, taxes, etc.? Also are there a bunch of exclusions or do you have access to most companies' full product lines.
Thanks for any input you can provide and for those who are curious LeoAdventures | A Public Service Appreciation Program.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scrappy

WKR
Been a member for about four years. It is a decent % off Sitka, and you get full access to everything on Sitka's web site, free shipping when Sitka has free shipping promos, and here in Iowa you do pay sales tax. Sitka also has a few sales each year where they give an additional % off to Leo adventures members.

Leo adventures is great service to those that qualify. Go to there web site and click on the about us page. They have a great story to tell.

I've bought many things from Sitka's website through the promo with LeoAdventures. I've had zero issues. They recently added simms and my coworker hasn't had any issues as well. Some of the companies on there don't have "great" discounts and limit your selection. I have really only bought from Sitka though so can't speak about any others on there.

At Christmas Sitka usually has a generous % off sale on the entire store. Outdoor Research does another great % off at Christmas.

Sent from my Le X522 using Tapatalk

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
LEO Adventures is a great group to join. I've never had any issues ordering anything through the program.

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
At Christmas Sitka usually has a generous % off sale on the entire store. Outdoor Research does another great % off at Christmas.

Sent from my Le X522 using Tapatalk

Don't forget they do the family and friends deal every year as well.

JWP58

WKR
Its an awesome deal. Haven't been a member for a few yrs,but i bought sitka and msr stuff through them..

This website great for Sitka, simms, outdoor research, sierra designs, etc. When It comes to Sitka though I wish that they would set a buying limit because I feel like some people do abuse it and this will get it taken away from the people who are responsible. It amazes me to see the amount of tools that inhabit this earth and would potentially destroy a great thing so they can pad their pockets.

KNPV PSD

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone gotten a Simms account activated? I submitted two weeks ago but haven’t heard back yet.

No issues for me! I couldn’t afford Sitka otherwise lol. It’s a great deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWOHTR

WKR
Good deal. I thought it was a one-time use coupon and haven't bought anything yet because of that. Last thing I'd want is to blow a % off coupon on one cheap item and then go back a few months later to order more items and NOT have the coupon available.

Anyone know what kind of discounts they offer for some of the non-outdoors stuff? Like Brooks, Dell, etc. I'm pretty well setup for gear, but I'd definitely look into the membership if the discount on shoes and other stuff was good enough.

Too bad First Lite and Kifaru aren't on the list!

gwl79902

WKR
I think I am going to join do they usually have any extra discounts or other promos around Father's Day?

Not that I recall. They do have a before season sale sometime in early September. At that point I had already bought all of my gear, because I was already out in the woods.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone know what kind of discounts they offer for some of the non-outdoors stuff? Like Brooks, Dell, etc. I'm pretty well setup for gear, but I'd definitely look into the membership if the discount on shoes and other stuff was good enough.

First Lite is on Expert Voice, formerly Experticity formerly.... but you get the gist.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

brooks is a great % off, dell has various discounts.
i have used the discount on ruffwear quite a bit.