OFF GRID FOOD COMPANY REVIEW, By Gary Simonson

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
image1.jpeg

Hi gang. My name is Gary Simonson. I am a North Dakota native and resident with a life-long passion for the outdoors and bow hunting in particular. I typically get on several western trips each year having hunted many states including Alaska and NWT for elk, caribou, moose, antelope, turkeys, bears, and deer. I am in technical sales. Married with two grown boys and recently our first grandchild.

Gary has been testing out the Off Grid Food Company products and wrote a very thorough review. Check it out!

OFF GRID FOOD COMPANY REVIEW

Last edited by a moderator:

huntdoc

FNG
Did you always rehydrate with warm/hot water, or did you ever try the breakfast with cold water?

twall13

WKR
Great rundown of their offerings. I haven't tried them all but I wholeheartedly agree with your comments regarding the items I have tried. I also agree with your comments on the fuel bars, they were pretty good but they didn't wow me like everything else. I'm also not sure I loved all 4 of them being packaged together as I never planned on eating them all at once but had to pack them all around all day. The fuel bars definitely have the coconut flavor throughout which won't be for everyone. The predator fuel will be a staple for me going forward (I've enjoyed every flavor) and really liked the "eat from the pouch" containers they come in. I'll have to give the jerky and OG Mountain Fuel a try. I'm really looking forward to their entrees.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Gary was just leaving on a hog hunt as we published his review. He’ll be back to answer any questions soon

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Great review....I loaded up on OG for last years elk hunt. Couldn’t agree more on the predator fuel, but I thought the dehydrated milk was a bit off putting considering the added flavor the rest of the meal offered. Will try the half-n-half to see the difference. Did not care for rise in grind, especially at the opportunity cost of the predator fuel. Fuel bars were powdered bars after day two. Loved the key lime flavor. I think a hard coating would do some good on those bad boys.

The trail mix is a must have. Freaking amazing.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice review Gary, I bought a sampler pack and my taste buds agree with most of your assessments. I mixed all the breakfasts with cold water(except the Rise and Grind) and enjoyed each one. I liked the flavor of the bars a lot also but will have to do some testing on how they hold together in a backpack. My least favorite was the jerky, it had some heat to it which I like but was not something I would pack along, but I don't ever take jerky because of how it sticks in my teeth😁. I will still take Mountain House for evening meals but for breakfast and snacks will be ordering the Off Grid. I just ordered a breakfast sampler to try again. Definitely some food worth trying.