Rei now

jmden

WKR
The NRA is out of touch with this Hunter, they lost me a long time ago. THEY told me its not about hunting and my deer rifle...and they're right, its not.

The NRA not only said it, they've removed all doubt when they've taken positions that absolutely have negative impacts on my public lands and my public wildlife. Not to mention what they don't say, when they should, if they really were "in touch" with hunters and public lands.

They need to stick to the 2nd amendment issue, period.

The NRA reaching out to hunters only makes sense to help build their base and help more folks undertstand the issue. You'd do the same thing if you were them.

What positions have they taken that have negative impacts on public lands. I don't know, but would like to be informed. Certainly don't know everything about the NRA. They certainly aren't perfect but I have little doubt the 2nd would be much weaker than it is now if it weren't for them. They are a big target and easy to throw mud at.

Billinsd

WKR
The NRA is out of touch with this Hunter, they lost me a long time ago. THEY told me its not about hunting and my deer rifle...and they're right, its not.

The NRA not only said it, they've removed all doubt when they've taken positions that absolutely have negative impacts on my public lands and my public wildlife. Not to mention what they don't say, when they should, if they really were "in touch" with hunters and public lands.

They need to stick to the 2nd amendment issue, period.
Are public lands more important to you than the 2nd Amendment. What is it that the NRA did to negatively affect public lands? I'm not saying they didn't, just curious?

If I had to guess he means when the nra comes out with voting grades for people running for office and they give a favorable score to politicians that support 2A but are also advocates for PLT.

I personally don't expect the NRA to weigh in on issues like PLT just like I wouldn't expect BHA to go to bat for my gun rights... I belong to both but for very different reasons

dotman

WKR
What does REI do for Public Lands? Donate to BHA? If they do I wonder if they’ll stop since BHA supports the 2A.

BuzzH

WKR
Are public lands more important to you than the 2nd Amendment. What is it that the NRA did to negatively affect public lands? I'm not saying they didn't, just curious?

The answer to question 1 is yes. The second is a constitutionally protected right, public lands aren't. For me personally, without public lands, my firearms would largely collect dust. I don't have plans to over-throw my Government, I don't really enjoy target shooting much, and my chances of needing a firearm to defend myself are about zero. Not to say that the Second isn't important, it absolutely is, but again its constitutionally protected.

I probably spend 200-250 days a year on public lands, for a variety of reasons from professional to recreation, so yes, they are more important to me. Further, there are very real threats to public lands, hunting, fishing, etc...and not even a whimper of support from the NRA.

Where's their position statement on PLT? Its only the biggest threat to my public lands in my lifetime. If the NRA says its cares and supports hunters, they sure have a funny way of expressing it.

What was their position on the RI? Yeah, the wrong one.

Not hard to connect the most obvious of dots, and I can give you several million reasons why, via a search of their top donors, that concludes why they are not opposing PLT.

I also never see an NRA representative lobbying on behalf of hunters here, never attend a GF commission meeting, a land board meeting, part of the WPLI process, or even donating a cent for public access.

Again, I don't care, that's not what they should be doing, but they also cant run around waving the "we're for hunters flag" when they're track record shows something completely different.

As I've already stated, they should stick to the 2nd...and let hunters worry about conservation, public lands, and wildlife management.

I don't need their help, and they told me they don't need mine...they said the second isn't about my deer rifle and hunting.

dotman

WKR
The answer to question 1 is yes. The second is a constitutionally protected right, public lands aren't. For me personally, without public lands, my firearms would largely collect dust. I don't have plans to over-throw my Government, I don't really enjoy target shooting much, and my chances of needing a firearm to defend myself are about zero. Not to say that the Second isn't important, it absolutely is, but again its constitutionally protected.

I probably spend 200-250 days a year on public lands, for a variety of reasons from professional to recreation, so yes, they are more important to me. Further, there are very real threats to public lands, hunting, fishing, etc...and not even a whimper of support from the NRA.

Where's their position statement on PLT? Its only the biggest threat to my public lands in my lifetime. If the NRA says its cares and supports hunters, they sure have a funny way of expressing it.

Not hard to connect the most obvious of dots, and I can give you several million reasons why, via a search of their top donors, that concludes why they are not opposing PLT.

I also never see an NRA representative lobbying on behalf of hunters here, never attend a GF commission meeting, a land board meeting, part of the WPLI process, or even donating a cent for public access.

Again, I don't care, that's not what they should be doing, but they also cant run around waving the "we're for hunters flag" when they're track record shows something completely different.

As I've already stated, they should stick to the 2nd...and let hunters worry about conservation, public lands, and wildlife management.

I don't need their help, and they told me they don't need mine...they said the second isn't about my deer rifle and hunting.

And do you think REI supports your use of public lands? I bet they wish you stayed off them.

Zork

FNG
The evil REI up to no good again! ...wait a minute?

Z8INFpRl.jpg

x8iWTyQl.jpg

Zork

FNG
Yup and I doubt they support your use of firearms on public lands.

Doubts and guesses without facts...I am sorry guys but that amounts to ignorance on the issue, in my opinion, especially when shown hard facts about how REI has helped preserve the land you hunt.

As a final thought on this issue I feel compelled to add that I would much rather wander wild public lands full of game with a spear I whittled out of a stick than carry my guns through a barren developed land.

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Doubts and guesses without facts...I am sorry guys but that amounts to ignorance on the issue, in my opinion, especially when shown hard facts about how REI has helped preserve the land you hunt.

As a final thought on this issue I feel compelled to add that I would much rather wander wild public lands full of game with a spear I whittled out of a stick than carry my guns through a barren developed land.

Really guess after their move to remove all non gun related items from their inventory from Vista Outdoors because they own Federal and Savage, pretty strong fact there they are against firearms. So please explain why they are ok with firearms? You know since that isn’t a fact and only doubts and guesses.

Ha, good luck getting their final membership to support your spear hunting.

Billinsd

WKR

WOW!!! You kinda answered my questions. I think you said public lands are more important to you than the Second Amendment? Wait, but you said the 2nd Amendment is part of Constitution? Let me phrase it like this, would you rather have the 2nd Amendment repealed or guns restricted greatly so long as you can keep your favorite hunting rifle and hunt public lands in the future with the public access you have now? It sounds to me like so long as you can keep your hunting rifle you don't care about gun restrictions. I'll ask my second question again. What or how has the NRA negatively impacted public lands? By saying they just protect the second Amendment, by supporting pro gun politicians who are also pro public land transfers? Good lord do a lot of hunters think this way now? I think we are screwed.

Jauwater

WKR
Just got my REI Dividend today. DAMMMMMMMMMNNN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
WOW!!! You kinda answered my questions. I think you said public lands are more important to you than the Second Amendment? Wait, but you said the 2nd Amendment is part of Constitution? Let me phrase it like this, would you rather have the 2nd Amendment repealed or guns restricted greatly so long as you can keep your favorite hunting rifle and hunt public lands in the future with the public access you have now? It sounds to me like so long as you can keep your hunting rifle you don't care about gun restrictions. I'll ask my second question again. What or how has the NRA negatively impacted public lands? By saying they just protect the second Amendment, by supporting pro gun politicians who are also pro public land transfers? Good lord are a lot of hunters thing this way now? I think we are screwed.

2A is only part of the constitution as long as the Supreme Court stays like it is, move one position away from where we currently are and you’ll see that change.

Diesel

WKR

Buzz,
Please understand that all of this goes hand in hand. No 2nd amendment, no public hunting on public land. We should all be in this together, not picking the fly droppings from the pepper.

If we find common ground with companies and organizations that protect public land and resources, all the better. With the caveat that our rights under the constitution are not opposed as part of the end goal

The NRA is fighting for all of our rights. You stated that you don't need the NRA's help and they don't need yours. Quite the contrary, we as hunters need the help of organizations such as the NRA and we need you, and all hunters, working together to protect hunting on public land.

The 2nd is not to be able to overthrow the government, it is to protect against the government, as stated in the constitution, from being overthrown

You note that the 2nd is guaranteed by the constitution, but in reality the constitution is guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

I hope my post sheds light on the reason that your concern for hunting on public ground is tied directly to the 2nd amendment and entities like and including the NRA.

Thanks for reading, Nick

Billinsd

WKR
You are absolutely right and that's terrifying!! It seems unbelievable to me, but I'm in the minority now. The second Amendment won't get repealed or amended, which is real hard. The courts and government will change it. Just like the supreme court legislated the 14th Amendment, I think. The one that the government interprets that if you were born here you are a citizen, which is crap. It was created for slaves who were born here to become Americans. But here we are and foreigners come here and pump out citizens. The country is really screwed. So sad!!

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
Buzz,
Please understand that all of this goes hand in hand. No 2nd amendment, no public hunting on public land. We should all be in this together, not picking the fly droppings from the pepper.

If we find common ground with companies and organizations that protect public land and resources, all the better. With the caveat that our rights under the constitution are not opposed as part of the end goal

The NRA is fighting for all of our rights. You stated that you don't need the NRA's help and they don't need yours. Quite the contrary, we as hunters need the help of organizations such as the NRA and we need you, and all hunters, working together to protect hunting on public land.

The 2nd is not to be able to overthrow the government, it is to protect against the government, as stated in the constitution, from being overthrown

You note that the 2nd is guaranteed by the constitution, but in reality the constitution is guaranteed by the 2nd amendment.

I hope my post sheds light on the reason that your concern for hunting on public ground is tied directly to the 2nd amendment and entities like and including the NRA.

Thanks for reading, Nick
It's shocking to me that you are arguing with hunters over this. This should be a given for all hunters. Good lord my head hurts, lol.

Last edited:

Try to get on thier affiliate program then as a hunting guide Etc 😂

Thier donations are to special interest groups fighting logging and hunting.

Show us that thier dollars are going to scientific backed ecology type conservation...

Last edited: