Rei now

BuzzH

WKR
Ok but wouldn’t you know? Why not share it or post a link?

No, I don't know. I joined as a life member because they care about public lands, wildlife, the North American Model, hunting, fishing, etc.

dotman

WKR
No, I don't know. I joined as a life member because they care about public lands, wildlife, the North American Model, hunting, fishing, etc.

Same reason I joined, I joined the NRA for the same reasons towards firearms. Both have their place and if you don’t think the 2A is in danger then you shouldn’t worry about PLT either. Have you not seen what federal judges are ruling out of the west coast district? Most of their rulings are overturned by the Supreme Court, all it takes is 5 liberal justices and the 2A changes or goes away.

I didn’t join the NRA to fight PLT, I joined BHA, RMEF, WSF and SCI for that.

BuzzH

WKR
Buzz, do you know the official reason the NRA takes a neutral position? Do you think it is nefarious? You must have some reason you are so angry with the NRA. I am seriously and sincerely interested in why.

Again, I'm speaking for myself and I'm not angry with the NRA, just don't agree with them pretending to care about hunters while remaining neutral on something as impactful and as important as PLT. Actions, or lack-there-of, along with the facts, matter to me.

dotman

WKR
Again, I'm speaking for myself and I'm not angry with the NRA, just don't agree with them pretending to care about hunters while remaining neutral on something as impactful and as important as PLT. Actions, or lack-there-of, along with the facts, matter to me.

But then we should be mad at BHA for staying neutral towards the AR-15 or not jumping in to support if they truly support hunters. I’ve never seen BHA give a position on it.

204guy

WKR
The evil REI up to no good again! ...wait a minute?

Z8INFpRl.jpg

x8iWTyQl.jpg
Back to the thread. You claim to be a big fan of facts. What where the 400 non profits. Surely they are pro hunting and did more good for hunting with their 8.8 million than Vista's 80 million in Pittman Robertson funds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
Same reason I joined, I joined the NRA for the same reasons towards firearms. Both have their place and if you don’t think the 2A is in danger then you shouldn’t worry about PLT either. Have you not seen what federal judges are ruling out of the west coast district? Most of their rulings are overturned by the Supreme Court, all it takes is 5 liberal justices and the 2A changes or goes away.

I didn’t join the NRA to fight PLT, I joined BHA, RMEF, WSF and SCI for that.

Totally agree, the NRA needs to stay completely out of hunting, public land, and wildlife management issues...and stick to the 2nd...just like I've said all along.

dotman

WKR
Totally agree, the NRA needs to stay completely out of hunting, public land, and wildlife management issues...and stick to the 2nd...just like I've said all along.

But they can still support the right to hunt without jumping in the fray. You would rather they never even speak of hunting or publish a hunting magazine, do you really think that is what made people join the NRA? Anyone that joins the NRA knows it’s for one thing, to support the 2A.

Again you want them out but are disappointed they are out.

dotman

WKR
Back to the thread. You claim to be a big fan of facts. What where the 400 non profits. Surely they are pro hunting and did more good for hunting with their 8.8 million than Vista's 80 million in Pittman Robertson funds.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They probably tried to clean up all the syringes and fecal matter in a few public parks in San Francisco with that $8.8 million.

BuzzH

WKR
But then we should be mad at BHA for staying neutral towards the AR-15 or not jumping in to support if they truly support hunters. I’ve never seen BHA give a position on it.

That's what the NRA is for and what they should focus on with 100% of their efforts.

The NRA is failing by attempting to cast too broad a net...and they're disenfranchising hunters when they try to intervene in hunting related issues. They're great at defending the 2nd and marginal at best on hunting issues...I think they would be better served to focus on the 2nd.

BuzzH

WKR
But they can still support the right to hunt without jumping in the fray. You would rather they never even speak of hunting or publish a hunting magazine, do you really think that is what made people join the NRA? Anyone that joins the NRA knows it’s for one thing, to support the 2A.

Again you want them out but are disappointed they are out.

Not at all, they should have stayed out all along, IMO. I would be happy if they stayed focus on what they're experts at, the 2nd.

Leave the hunting, public lands, and wildlife issues to the experts in that arena...

dotman

WKR
That's what the NRA is for and what they should focus on with 100% of their efforts.

The NRA is failing by attempting to cast too broad a net...and they're disenfranchising hunters when they try to intervene in hunting related issues. They're great at defending the 2nd and marginal at best on hunting issues...I think they would be better served to focus on the 2nd.

And that’s what BHA is for on PLT. I guess I don’t get where your coming from at all, no biggie back to the thread.

dotman

WKR
Again, couldn't agree more with you if I wanted to.

The NRA has worked against hunters on that issue, and that's what I disagree with. Way out of their depth.

They worked against hunters by staying out of what you say they should stay out of? Last I checked the NRA hasn’t jumped into anything hunting, like you want.

Diesel

WKR
As Co-Chair of Wyoming BHA, you are not persuading me to want to join BHA, and I know that is not what this thread was about originally. However, you have been asked to state BHA's position on AR's, mag capacities over 10 and age restrictions and have dodged all the questions.

If the leadership at BHA will hide their positions and take the divide and conquer approach on hunting and firearms, there is most likely an agenda that you fear the hunting community would not approve. If that is not the case, state your position.

As Co-Chair of Wyoming BHA, you are not persuading me to want to join BHA, and I know that is not what this thread was about originally. However, you have been asked to state BHA's position on AR's, mag capacities over 10 and age restrictions and have dodged all the questions.

If the leadership at BHA will hide their positions and take the divide and conquer approach on hunting and firearms, there is most likely an agenda that you fear the hunting community would not approve. If that is not the case, state your position.

Im thinking any minute he'll sign back on and explain that his pre-teenage kids somehow managed to gain access to his rokslide account last night and will apologize for all the confusion.... my house is out of aspirin after the last 3 pages on this thread

CoHiCntry

WKR

Seriously? You don’t know? I won’t be supporting BHA either until I here their stance. If the Co-Chair is gonna be on a forum bad mouthing the NRA then I’ll assume that’s the position BHA takes... until they say otherwise.

Trial153

WKR

Stretch of the tread right here ^ if you can even remotely claim there is a consistent or cohesive opinion on gun control in the hunting community. You can and will find examples of every segment of the bell curve on this issue in our community.

jmden

WKR
I think there's much of this post that shows how confused and misinformed many are on this issue and what a challenge the NRA and those who truly support the 2nd have in terms of education of the masses against the mega liberal media machine that very rarely even makes a real effort to report on this issue in an unbiased way. So easy to be indoctrinated and go with the politically correct flow.

It's a David and Goliath issue in that getting the unadulterated message across, while challenging the liberal media and public education system (teacher unions often being the issue) mega machines at the same time, is very difficult. But it's a worthwhile effort to educate and that effort will never stop. All those liberals, though, need to practice what they preach and open their minds to a different message. When I have this conversation with liberals, I tend to find their minds are generally the most closed I run across. Nearly impossible to have fruitful conversation as their name calling starts and they shut down what could otherwise be a rational conversation.

This thread also shows how many hunters and gun owners in general are confused and misinformed on the issue. Been there.

Join the NRA. Upgrade you membership. By memberships for those who might not otherwise if they agree to it so they get the magazines (American Hunter [wait, what?] or American Rifleman) and they can maybe start to hear the other side of the story just a little bit. Not a perfect organiztion--show me one that is--but one of the few battleships still afloat with some firepower to battle an armada of ill-conceived, politically correct liberalism.