Rei now

Billinsd

WKR
I just don't see there needs to be a choice here.

I am fine with REI or whoever wanting to have public land open to hiking, camping etc. If BHA is just an org wanting the same thing for hunting, fine.

According to BuzzH, the NRA is neutral on PLT, OK.

So as a NRA supporter of 2nd amendment rights, I can still support access to public lands for hunting, camping, hiking and not be against BHA, IF, and only IF, there is no behind the scenes spending of funds going to anti-2nd amendment groups by BHA. I can and I am for keeping public land open and accessible to all Americans. As a hunter I want to be able to hunt and I need a place to do so if not a large landowner. As an American, I believe in the constitution and the freedoms it protects and would die to ensure it's endurance as written and without it I am no longer free.

I could be really taken in, but I believe the NRA is primarily concerned with the 2nd as a protection of the constitution, but also adds weight to hunters issues and concerns as well. I would think that without hunters, the NRA would be diminished, and without the NRA hunters would not have as great a chance of keeping their firearms. It would be very short sighted to not believe in both.

When I read that some folks say that their hunting is more important to them than the 2nd amendment, they are exposing their lack of understanding that the horse must be in front of the cart.

REI and whoever else is against firearms of any kind short of tanks and grenades, I see that as a threat to my freedoms and I chose to spend my funds elsewhere.

All Americans need to understand their responsibility in Keeping America free. We can have fun hunting on our public lands as long as we acknowledge that there is a price to pay for freedom.
Yep, make no mistake REI is not a hunter's friend. They sound like they are pro public land, however, they are anti gun and not pro hunting.

Murdy

WKR
So as a NRA supporter of 2nd amendment rights, I can still support access to public lands for hunting, camping, hiking and not be against BHA, IF, and only IF, there is no behind the scenes spending of funds going to anti-2nd amendment groups by BHA.

Does it work the other way? Will you support a pro-2nd amendment group "IF, and only IF, there is no behind the scenes spending of funds going to" groups that threaten our access to public lands?

ndbuck09

WKR
why can't we all agree that you can definitely find any product at REI at some other retail outlet, usually for cheaper, so why shop there when your money can go to some other outdoor retailer that very likely has programs in place to support the broad net of the word conservation?

Diesel

WKR
why can't we all agree that you can definitely find any product at REI at some other retail outlet, usually for cheaper, so why shop there when your money can go to some other outdoor retailer that very likely has programs in place to support the broad net of the word conservation?

Amen

jmden

WKR

Yep. Haven't bought much there for years anyway as it's usually one of the most expensive places to buy something.

CoHiCntry

WKR
i was actually going to post..what's everyone going to do with their dividend if they're boycotting REI.
i'll still be spending mine.

I wonder if they would still take it if you've already cancelled your membership? As I have... Mine is pretty small and insignificant, will probably go in the trash!

lif

WKR
I’m cashing my dividend in for who knows what. Then I’m canceling. It’s a crappy political fight but it has to be fought or we won’t even have a rokslide forum to have these conversations down the line. Hunters are the foundation of public land conservation. If they thin or eliminate us hunters we won’t have a chance in hell to save our public lands. Simple math: No Guns = No Hunting = No Public Lands

dotman

WKR
I wonder if they would still take it if you've already cancelled your membership? As I have... Mine is pretty small and insignificant, will probably go in the trash!

Mine was $4.xx it went straight in the trash.

does someone want my $394 dividend?

You can get your dividend in cash. Take it and spend it somewhere else! Or better yet donate it to a worthy cause if you don't need it.

From the REI website:

Can I Receive My Annual Dividend In Cash?
Yes. From July 1 through Jan. 3 of the following year, you can bring your Annual Dividend notice to any REI store and ask to get your remaining balance in cash. Stores have limited cash on hand, however; a request to redeem an Annual Dividend notice for cash may be handled as a check request at the store's discretion.

You can get cash now if you buy something with it and then return to the store for a refund. It is a little known loophole they don’t advertise much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk