As a hunter, do you have a lucky charm?

NDGuy

WKR
A North Dakota State University cap is in each of my grip and grin pictures from the last few years. I only wear it hunting so it doesn't get lost or too wore out. I also started taking a pink nalgene with me on every trip. Not too superstitious, but they have become my hunting hat and hunting nalgene and I'm to the point where I'm not gonna risk leaving them at home.

I also listen to "y'all want a single" by Korn every time I'm on my way fishing. That one is from an old college tradition. Also blast Roxette while setting up canadian geese decoys - that one is from an old high school tradition.

Horns up!

I do. It’s called God. I ask for a safe and prosperous hunt, to be a meatball predator, and a safe return. After first thanking him for the opportunity to be there doing iit. I ask it all in the name of Jesus Christ. It’s been working real well for the last 30 years. God Bless men

Wild Bob

FNG
West of Rough Rider Country, east of the Divide
My good luck charm is my father's wool scarf that he was issued when he served in WWII. He made it back unscathed after being at war for 3 years (at least physically, unfortunately, I wouldn't say that mentally). I pack that scarf for everywhere / everything I hunt.

Dunndm

WKR
I have brought the same knife with me on every hunt I've ever been on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a wooden predator call that I bring with me on all my hunts. Don't know how, or why I started that tradition, but so far it's given me my fair share of success.

FLAK

WKR
I do. It’s called God. I ask for a safe and prosperous hunt, to be a meatball predator, and a safe return. After first thanking him for the opportunity to be there doing iit. I ask it all in the name of Jesus Christ. It’s been working real well for the last 30 years. God Bless men

This.

elkyinzer

WKR
I have two lucky hats, a pair of lucky Sitka pants I don't even particularly like but they have nearly defied coincidence at this point, a lucky knife. I consider arrows luckier with each successive kill they survive (have a record 5 with current FMJ in quiver spot #1). I'm a pragmatic dude but I think superstition tied to our possessions is human nature, probably derived from our hunting lineage.

4ester

WKR
Camo baby bootie that a good friend bought for my boy, before he lost his battle with cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good topic. I'm not very superstitious BUT on 2 occasions on my drive to the trail head Joe Walsh has come on the radio and both times I killed something. I now scan the radio stations on the drive in to hunt to try and find Joe Walsh .

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I have my kids write their name on my rifle stock with sharpie. It’s been working good for the last couple years.

I’ve carried a rhino in my pocket that my oldest daughter gave me before a deployment in September of 2006. I’ve had it in my pocket everyday since then. He’s pretty beat up, lost parts of him and been glued back together twice.