Kuiu Rewards

OP
T
This is really no different than a company deciding to have a sale or to lower their prices after you buy something. They owe exactly nothing to those who purchased prior to whatever change was made. Think if the stock market allowed for back-dated deals...pretty crazy, eh? Another good example is vehicle rebates and incentives. You buy today and score no incentives, but 2 weeks later the incentives are $1,000 on the same vehicle. Do-overs are not allowed, and the company is not going to just grin and hand you the $grand.

It really makes me crazy when people aren't lucky in terms of when they buy, and then they get upset with a company for having a sale, rebates, rewards or whatever but the company won't back-date it for them. Even worse in my book is the whole 'return it and buy it again' mentality which is frankly abusive to a company or retailer....just so a customer can save themselves a few dollars.

I get it. And the comparison to a Rebate is a good one.

Like I've said I was looking at it at too personal of a level as opposed to from their side.

I was more thinking of companies price matching sales (but that doesn't apply since kuiu is the only place that sells kuiu), or honoring an expired coupon, etc, etc.

Im thrilled they have a program now, my first reaction was a **** that sucks for me, I wonder if anyone else is pissed. Seeing the responses and thinking it over. I was wrong.

tiglesias33....I completely understand you on this. It's frustrating to miss out on a financial gain or savings. And just for the record, my previous post wasn't directed toward you. It was more of a generic statement for anyone who is interested. Thank you!

Lawnboi

WKR
They did this a long time ago, within a few years of kuiu inception. I bought a bunch of their stuff, and got some reward money to spend.

I haven't shopped with them for a while, so can't help you with the now stuff

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
I preface this post, with asking the Kuiu haters to please avoid filling this thread with merciless bashing. I KNOW your positions, and I get it. To each their own. This is for the Kuiu fan base and customers out there to have a discussion about this.

So... apparently Kuiu has started a new rewards program around purchases.

They clearly state the program starts GOING FORWARD. Even have an FAQ section saying, NO BACKDATING points. So if the program runs on a yearly basis. Wouldn't it make more sense to say, any purchases in the last 12 months you get credit for. Or even if they said the last 120 days.

SOMETHING, to show the existing customers that they appreciate them. Not just a, hey spend more money and lets attract new people with rewards.

Honestly, I love kuiu gear. I just bought a pack 2 weeks ago, might be why I'm so infuriated by this. I havent had great luck with their customer service. That has put a bad taste in my mouth. So I am started to get some of the hate, because I am the type of person that will walk away due to service.

If they dont back date some points. I might be done, and selling my new pack on here shortly.

I am going to call and fight. I think anyone with purchases in the last 4 months or so should do the same. The more they hear it, the more likely they are to start to fix the issue.

If you think im off base with this opinion, please let me know. And again, I beg, PLEASE PLEASE dont turn this into a Kuiu Bash fest. I want a real convo about the issue in question.

Thanks

For the most part I like their stuff and while their customer service does suck (not a fan of their treatment of my Dad getting ready for our first elk hunt) overall the have good product. It sucks about not getting back points but it makes sense, might just have to bite the bullet on this one. Future points are better than no points imo.

Not sure of the threshold but I started purchasing from them when they just got started. I bought and sold stuff figuring out what I liked and didn't like. It was definitely in the thousands (plural). :eek: After a few years I got an email out of the blue welcoming me to the Inner Circle. Like I said, I prefer this new way much better as it makes it all inclusive instead of some "secret society".

OP
T
Not sure of the threshold but I started purchasing from them when they just got started. I bought and sold stuff figuring out what I liked and didn't like. It was definitely in the thousands (plural). :eek: After a few years I got an email out of the blue welcoming me to the Inner Circle. Like I said, I prefer this new way much better as it makes it all inclusive instead of some "secret society".

I agree, the open arms approach is better. I’m realizing I switched emails about two years back. Wonder if I would’ve gotten in had I not. Oh well, at least it’s there now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think you’re pretty off base with this one. Sure, it’d be a nice gesture if they back dated some rewards. Just like it’d be nice if they sent out a $100 coupon to everyone that buys something this week. It is what it is. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don’t. You didn’t lose anything, you just didn’t win. If you weren’t ok with the price, you shouldn’t have bought it. As Kevin said, you’re not entitled to a better price afterwards. We’re not talking about Home Depot or Walmart here. Lol.

If it bothers you that much, return the pack (if it’s only 2 weeks old you’re still inside the window) and buy it again, under the program. Otherwise, this seems like a silly rant thread. <—-JMO

OP
T
Yea it’s unfortunate... all the opinions here had me switch my view from anger or frustration to pretty much echo your view of well that sucks for me lol

That being said I took advantage of the current sale and ordered a guide jacket which I’ve wanted for a while.

Woohoo for earning my first reward points hahaha

That sucks for me cause I’ve spent over $3,000 in the last year on Kuiu gear

Axlrod

WKR
I bought 2 new packs and 5 pieces of clothing in the last 3 months. If i didnt think i was getting a fair deal I wouldnt have pushed "buy"
its like the golden rule only camo- he who makes the camo makes the rules

GGFerrier

WKR
The Inner Circle is not new. I have been a member for several years. I saw it on the website today for the first time so it looks like they are being more transparent about it and opening it up to everyone. It used to be after you spent a boat load of money with them over a period of time - they would add you to the inner circle. You would get early entry to sales and a gift card here and there. Nothing real big. I like that the new format. I like that you can see the various levels and perks based on your buying history instead of just random perks that you never know if you will get or not.

This is 100% on the money. I’ve been a member of the IC forever. I live 10 minutes from the showroom in there once a week. Their gear is great and the people are better.

The way the OP started this off is suspect to me... please don’t turn this into a bitchfest... that’s like starting a sentence, with all due respect.

Something disrespectful is coming next.

It’s Kuiu not a supermarket

It is simple, buy Sitka and a Kifaru pack and never look back..... This is not a bash, its a fact.....

OP
T
If you’d like the long version read through the thread.

Short version .. I was wrong in my opinion. Hearing others had me do a quick 180 after some discussion. My verbiage in the post was not really indicative of me, I came at it in a bad mindset on top of all.

Extremely jealous you live right there, I’d love to be able to pop into the seminars they run they

This is 100% on the money. I’ve been a member of the IC forever. I live 10 minutes from the showroom in there once a week. Their gear is great and the people are better.

The way the OP started this off is suspect to me... please don’t turn this into a bitchfest... that’s like starting a sentence, with all due respect.

Something disrespectful is coming next.

It’s Kuiu not a supermarket

MattB

WKR
I would tend to compliment them for starting such a program rather than complaining about when. But that's just me.

The entitlement that has set in the US is disgusting. They clearly state the rules, just follow them. Back dating reward points is a terrible idea, where do they draw the line in the sand and say the backdating stops here? Why do they need to backdate to say "thanks" to their customers. Isn't a reward program thanks enough. I suggest you sell all your Kuiu and go to the other companies that have rewards programs who backdate their points...

Poser

WKR
“I think that they should do it this way because I say they should do it this way and if they do not, I am going to throw a internet temper tantrum because I want it this way. Me, me ME!!!”

-did the OP receive participation trophies growing up?

Tough crowd. You guys might want to be aware the O.P. admitted some misunderstanding and then apologized. See posts 21, 30 and 34.

Poser

WKR
4434a99cfa2b5fb1af7a7d9bfad3a600.jpeg

No, your not off base getting upset. I've done the same thing, bought something, went on sale, got pissed cause I could have saved money. Like you said, bad timing. but you went in not expecting anything in return, so now you know. Why doesn't anyone like kuiu?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk